Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I've seen that Gary Lineker just retweeted this. Genuinely fascinating!

 

 

 

All clubs listed are in the North/Midlands, none in London/South .....until Arsenal in late 30s, Spurs in 80s & Chelsea in 90s.

 

Now 10 out of 20 in the PL are in London/South, if you include Norwich.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lildave3 said:

They’ve played two more games than us in the last 5 weeks, so I don’t know how you make out more rest than most. 
 

You are not alone though, lots of people on this site have taken on this weird hatred of Liverpool just as they did with Spurs 4 years ago. It’s a bit odd. 

I don't hate Liverpool at all, I think they are a great side and should win the league easily. 

It's the bumming they get that I don't like. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

Nige nominated for MOTM! Nige is the great escape king!! :pearson:

I'm kinda glad Brendan wasn't nominated...is it wrong that I'd have still voted Big Nige? :ph34r:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I've seen that Gary Lineker just retweeted this. Genuinely fascinating!

 

 

We are currently 25th - Championship play offs, which if you take our entire history is about right and shows what a great period we are in now.

 

full league table https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-english-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results%3famp

D96DA429-D4E6-4A91-9079-25376D7E592C.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Md9 said:

I see drinkwater has had his loan cancelled and gone back to Chelsea. Surely half a season loan to the championship would be good for him to get him some kind of form

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him move on loan to Watford till the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah I think Drinkwaters attitude over the last 3 years portrays the kind of player Pearson would hate to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

We are currently 25th - Championship play offs, which if you take our entire history is about right and shows what a great period we are in now.

 

full league table https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-english-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results%3famp

D96DA429-D4E6-4A91-9079-25376D7E592C.jpeg

Notts 34th and dropping rapidly!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Notts 34th and dropping rapidly!

If Norwich go down this season you may hang in there for a while, although it may be a while before you’re back up again.

How are things looking on and off the pitch now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If Norwich go down this season you may hang in there for a while, although it may be a while before you’re back up again.

How are things looking on and off the pitch now?

Been much better of late. Worked our way into a playoff spot and playing some decent football. Overall things are looking up, but as a Notts fan, one has to be cautiously reserved ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

We are currently 25th - Championship play offs, which if you take our entire history is about right and shows what a great period we are in now.

 

full league table https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1471906-the-alltime-english-topflight-table-has-been-created-using-131-years-of-results%3famp

D96DA429-D4E6-4A91-9079-25376D7E592C.jpeg

Notts County- A good example of what can befall a club after a generation or so ...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I feel for the bloke. He backed himself to succeed and it's just gone so terribly wrong. 

 

Do you think?

 

Perhaps i'm just a cynical fucker but I think something dramatically changed in Drinkwater attitude, whether that be mental issues that he had struggles without of his control I don't know, but I question his desire to actually be a footballer and just interested in chasing the money - again similar to my Maguire comments - Who am I to judge.

 

Whilst he wasn't every going to get played for England I feel the way he handled the situations when he was called up for England badly, pulling out a few times, perhaps it was just unfortunate timing and I admit I held the opinion of 'Good on him for pulling out, he's not going to get a chance anyway'.

 

I believe his attitude changed, thought he was something, chased the money and become abit of a Champagne Charlie, as you say he perhaps backed himself to succeed but I think everyone knew he wouldn't play for Chelsea, everyone pretty much knew Chelsea signed him to get their quota of English players up and it wouldn't be/isn't any shocking surprise that it has gone so terribly wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also perhaps explains why the top 9 feature regularly on TV with their established history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replied to the wrong thread :blink:

Edited by lee7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Notts County- A good example of what can befall a club after a generation or so ...  

Most of those above and based of winning stuff pre 1950's and for most clubs now only the last 10 or 20 years are relevant, no point living in the past like Villa and Newcastle, we live in the now and over the next few years people will not be bothered what happened to teams in the last century.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Md9 said:

I see drinkwater has had his loan cancelled and gone back to Chelsea. Surely half a season loan to the championship would be good for him to get him some kind of form

 

Maddison and Tielemans are much better players than DD. 

 

Drinkwater had a couple if good seasons for us but he was never that great of a player. Even if he stayed with us i firmly believe he would have been moved on anyway by either Puel or Rodgers to accommodate Maddison and Tielemans.

 

He is 29 and his current level is Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I feel for the bloke. He backed himself to succeed and it's just gone so terribly wrong. 

 

Chelsea were mugs for buying him tbh. To think he was a CL level player is mental. If they wanted to sort out their English quota they could have just signed a Scott Carson or promoted a youth player. 

Edited by Koke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinkwater was was brilliant for us. He made our team tick for a good 3 and a bit seasons. When Drinky played well the whole team did. I was gutted when he left. As Nige said he’s a “complex character” but that doesn’t make him rubbish. Chelsea messed him up like so many other players. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Notts County- A good example of what can befall a club after a generation or so ...  

Bury as well, sad really!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Drinkwater was was brilliant for us. He made our team tick for a good 3 and a bit seasons. When Drinky played well the whole team did. I was gutted when he left. As Nige said he’s a “complex character” but that doesn’t make him rubbish. Chelsea messed him up like so many other players. 

Agree. Was a really good player for us. Unfortunately once opposition teams started to take away the ball over the top for Vardy, and the injury bug bit, he became less and less influential.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matt said:

 

Do you think?

 

Perhaps i'm just a cynical fucker but I think something dramatically changed in Drinkwater attitude, whether that be mental issues that he had struggles without of his control I don't know, but I question his desire to actually be a footballer and just interested in chasing the money - again similar to my Maguire comments - Who am I to judge.

 

Whilst he wasn't every going to get played for England I feel the way he handled the situations when he was called up for England badly, pulling out a few times, perhaps it was just unfortunate timing and I admit I held the opinion of 'Good on him for pulling out, he's not going to get a chance anyway'.

 

I believe his attitude changed, thought he was something, chased the money and become abit of a Champagne Charlie, as you say he perhaps backed himself to succeed but I think everyone knew he wouldn't play for Chelsea, everyone pretty much knew Chelsea signed him to get their quota of English players up and it wouldn't be/isn't any shocking surprise that it has gone so terribly wrong.

 

I agree with everything you said about Drinkwater and am probably just as cynical as you. However i dont feel the same about Maguire. He worked his way up thru the leagues, improving all the time and then got the chance to play on the big stage with England, jumped at the chance and bossed it. Man Utd (although they are absolutely pants right now) was just another a step up the ladder. Moving to the club which he apparently looked up to (?) as a youngster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...