Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Do the Euros start in April or something? 

Kane will still go to the Euros even if he's not fully fit. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Kane needs to step away , enjoy a long break and get healthy. We aint winning shit lol......unless vardy plays :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We have warm up matches where I imagine the idea was to get the starting line up nailed... difficult if the player you build the team round isn’t able to play 

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

We have warm up matches where I imagine the idea was to get the starting line up nailed... difficult if the player you build the team round isn’t able to play 

Kane will play. He has 2 months to get fit after April and I can't see him missing the Euros at all. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rachhere said:

If only we had two English strikers who were in better form than Kane lurking around.... 

If only indeed

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I knew I should have checked the stats! Was confident with two!

Well form is subjective but Vardy, Ings, Abraham and Rashford all have more goals this season than Kane and with his injury I can even see Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring more than him over the course of the full season. But of course southgate will play Kane even if he only has one good leg. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2

Hopefully spurs rush him back 3 weeks early and makes it worse putting him out for a further 6 weeks or however long meaning he misses the euros. We are bit going to win it but we should at least play the players that are fit and in form not just for the sake of it 

• Like 1

They'll only rush him back if they need to.

You'd think their priority is top 4 to get in to the CL next season. Unlikely they'll get to the final of it again and therefore not win it.

If they look good to get top 4, no need to rush him back.

The last thing they'll want is Son losing his head again and there's no guarantee of that...

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Kane will play. He has 2 months to get fit after April and I can't see him missing the Euros at all. 

Kane could have one leg and still would play

Spurs vs Liverpool, what result do we want? If we’ve conceded any realistic chance of the title then it’s best for Liverpool to beat all of our top 4 rivals, but I’d sit on the fence and go for a draw and hope we beat Southampton and move 2 further points away from Spurs and 2 nearer to Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Spurs vs Liverpool, what result do we want? If we’ve conceded any realistic chance of the title then it’s best for Liverpool to beat all of our top 4 rivals, but I’d sit on the fence and go for a draw and hope we beat Southampton and move 2 further points away from Spurs and 2 nearer to Liverpool. 

Draw, plenty of red cards and small

niggling injuries that’ll keep players out till the end of the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Cliche but if we win our game any result in the Spurs Liverpool game is a good result for us. So can only focus on ourselves.

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Cliche but if we win our game any result in the Spurs Liverpool game is a good result for us. So can only focus on ourselves.

It depends though if we are looking up or over our shoulders. If we’re looking up then a Spurs win is best

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

It depends though if we are looking up or over our shoulders. If we’re looking up then a Spurs win is best

Well that's what I'm saying- if we win our game it doesn't matter.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Liverpool are sadly uncatchable now so any points they take off teams that could potentially challenge for top 4 is welcome. 

Plus it's great seeing Jose wound up these days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Liverpool win.