Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

27 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Been very solid - Bournemouth rubbish though.

They have Norwich,Villa and Burnley next.

Tough to decide what to do with Howe as thats a massive 3 games. 

Southampton turned their season around with wins in a similar set of fixtures a while back (think it included you guys before Lord Nigel took the reigns).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

As a club Bournemouth are overarching but they're now are sn experienced PL side and this form is unacceptable. Eddie Howe belong to a team that will finish 12th-17th aka AFC Bournemouth.

Depends whether they can take the hit of relegation. Tough decision yes but you need to be ruthless and take the risk because, presently, they are going down. 3-0 at home to a relegation rival is an appalling result.

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not really though is he.

10 years ago when he took over Bournemouth were on the verge on relegation to non league.

Bournemouth are massively overachieving being in the Championship never mind the top flight. That place is so small, similar to when Burton were in the Championship.

Sure, I agree with that absolutely, he's done an incredible job at Bournemouth that's not in doubt.

I'm really on about Howe being a media darling and being touted for so called "big jobs" like Arsenal, England etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I suppose Howe won't last the next few hours at Bournemouth. Sacking imminent.

What makes you think that? They've been dross for ages now. 

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I suppose Howe won't last the next few hours at Bournemouth. Sacking imminent.

Most managers with their recent record would be in a precarious position.

Don't think they'll sack him though.

Drinky starting for Villa. Looking forward to seeing him play, it's been a while!

Just now, Tuna said:

Drinky starting for Villa. Looking forward to seeing him play, it's been a while!

Hell of a first game back.

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

What makes you think that? They've been dross for ages now. 

Worst set of results ever under Howe, if I'm not mistaken. One win in eleven matches is not good enough.

(Yes, I do know injuries are playing a part in it)

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think this is his third game in about two years, and they have all been against Man City. How weird!

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Could be quite amusing, hopefully, for several reasons.

Although, could do with Villa doing us a favour - at the same time, dropping down to 3rd could give us even more of a kick up the backside that we need and focus a few minds.

Look forward to seeing DD on the pitch for Villa in a bit! Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but have warm feelings towards every player who contributed towards the most amazing season ever. And Danny certainly played his part.

And yes, that also includes Riyad. Despite what he has said since, his celebrations, his attitude – everything. He was amazing for us that season and very much part of something that I will cherish forever. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

I think sacking Howe would be the silliest thing Bournemouth could do. I think they should stick with him through thick and thin, even if they are to go down. He's been overachiving with them and I can't see them appointing a better manager. Would rather if they stayed in the Prem.

This is exactly what people said to us about Claudio. I have no idea if their fans want him out, but if they do they're much better judges than any of us.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Me too, can't imagine he will make the full 90 though, he surely can't be that match fit with his lack of games

That was superb from Riyad.

Poor Drinky!