Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Drinkwater has always been crap.

Matty James and Ngolo Kante made him look good.

Matty James 🤣

I assume that’s a joke, but I never know sometimes. Some people have this weird obsession with him when he was only ever a bang average footballer. 

Just now, lgfualol said:

Mahrez is ****ing mental. Such a good player. 

How we were ahead of Man City all this time is crazy, when they are on it they're ridiculously good. They made us look like little pipsqueaks.

We did insist on a buy back clause...….didn't we?

8 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

To be fair, form since he's come in has Watford comfortably as a top half side. 

I think we've got a top, top manager in Rodgers who I'm more than happy with though. 

Just love me some Big Nige :wub:

Me too but this is only 5 or 6 games. That said he will have a stonking record in his last 15 or so PL matches 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I raise you Ben Mee vs Millwall 

Own goal and penalty given away was it?

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

Matty James 🤣

I assume that’s a joke, but I never know sometimes. Some people have this weird obsession with him when he was only ever a bang average footballer. 

I mean until he was plagued by injuries Matty James was always ahead of Drinkwater. James was more than good enough for our level at the time and it's disrespectful to say otherwise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Matty James 🤣

One of the most underrated players to ever play for Leicester.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silva Fox said:

Score predictions for this one? I'm going 0-7.

0-6 for me. Followed by the sack for their manager Smith and a bounce factor vs the foxes in the Carabao 2nd leg to get them to Wembley :-)

Just now, kingfox said:

One of the most underrated players to ever play for Leicester.

Yep - that’s exactly what I mean! 

Man City are just unreal. But they're really showing us how we should've played Villa in the week. The speed at which they move the ball, even among the centre backs, is pulling the Villa players all over the place. It's a sight to behold.

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I wish NP well as he continues his managerial career and am grateful for what he did for us. But I don't have a 'second team', and will never understand the mentality of those fans that do. 

Being married to an Arsenal supporter means neither of us have a choice (LCFC AND Arsenal) if we wish to keep things nice and stable. :P

40 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is exactly what people said to us about Claudio. I have no idea if their fans want him out, but if they do they're much better judges than any of us.

I know but theirs is a very different case. They didn't win the title, their ambitions were never to challenge for top 5 (unlike Vichai's) or top 8 even, and their budget is smaller than ours was after the title win. Also, Claudio was sacked in his second season, that's hardly uncommon, there are clubs that change managers few times in a season and there are clubs that sack managers after a great season too (Tottenham and Pochettino being the most recent example, or take Mourinho few months after winning 14/15 title with Chelsea). Howe has been at Bournemouth since 2008 (with just a short one year side affair with Bunley), that's almost like a marriage, that's something completely unprecedented in football. Therefore their connection with him is much stronger than ours with Claudio whom we want to remember for the title run but who got so awfully stubborn in his second year.  I'd say regarding our situations back then in CR's second year and theirs now, there are simply too many differences between two clubs to make analogies.

Agree with their fans being ultimately better judges than us though. If they think Howe can't turn it around, and want him out, then that's it.

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Matty James 🤣

Matty James was ahead of Drinkwater in the pecking order before the injuries. He could've been a top player for us. Massive shame. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiltern Fox said:

The fighting cock after a bad result is my favourite 😊

I don't think they are quite as bad as foxes talk  though :unsure:

Just now, PhillippaT said:

Being married to an Arsenal supporter means neither of us have a choice (LCFC AND Arsenal) if we wish to keep things nice and stable. :P

In a similar position with a Fulham fan. Not sure I 'support' but do take an active interest. Did thoroughly enjoy the day out at Wembley beating Villa...and Derby in the Semi final :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

You have my sympathies. Having to cheer for Arsenal must be like chewing sand.

• Haha 2