Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

They've spent terribly, I said so in my original post, which is why they're in the mess they are in, seems obvious to me it's much easier to stay established than become established in the PL and a net spend stat just backs that up, if Bournemouth sold a player for 140m they'd be in the black with net spend, but their best players are barely worth a tenth of that, it's just been compounded by the fact that what they have spent has been wasted on bang average players who have just taken them backwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Net spend isn't a very useful metric really. 

Well it is sometimes and it isn’t at others

 

if you want to know how much your club has actually spent, surely nett spend is more informative 

 

If you spend 300m and dont sell anyone then that’s a pretty impressive outlay

 

if you do the same but sell players for 200m then it’s a bit different ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ttfn said:

Not to mention that Liverpool won the lottery with Coutinho. He’s no better than, for example, Mahrez but they got twice as much for him as we managed.

Makes me sick how much they frequently get. They're the best in the business for selling for over the odds. Even their cast offs like Ibe and Solanke they still seem to land about £15-20mil a head.

 

Bournemouth won Liverpool the Premier League. That is their legacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton agree naming rights with business partner of owner. 30 odd million being touted. I’m not sure I like this naming rights thing. Yes yes I know we have the KP Haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very unlikely, but imagine if Everton do somehow get relegated - considering how much they've spend on average players in recent reasons, and their gamble to hire a highly-regarded and very successful manager to try and get the best out of their current team..

 

Wouldn't be happy at all with all of these cash injections into this club and yet still battling in mid-table if I were a Toffees fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Very unlikely, but imagine if Everton do somehow get relegated - considering how much they've spend on average players in recent reasons, and their gamble to hire a highly-regarded and very successful manager to try and get the best out of their current team..

 

Wouldn't be happy at all with all of these cash injections into this club and yet still battling in mid-table if I were a Toffees fan.

They have lost 110 million in the last year & could have FFP problems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Sure I saw a movie on the horror channel called "Deeneys brain"!

Young-Frankensite-613x350.png.532a40125cda5aebe13d6f71801c5661.png

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep their finances have just come out at their AGM and there's some horrible reading for Everton fans. Basically borrowing money from banks and shareholders to pay off previous loans, and even though the owner has injected £100m their net loss is still £122m. £160m wage bill which is 85% of turnover. 

 

:nigel:

 

 

Niasse, Tosun and Kean cost about £70m between them, one is out on loan, another has played six league games in the last season and a half, and the other one hasn't scored a single goal.

 

Superb stuff.... 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yep their finances have just come out at their AGM and there's some horrible reading for Everton fans. Basically borrowing money from banks and shareholders to pay off previous loans, and even though the owner has injected £100m their net loss is still £122m. £160m wage bill which is 85% of turnover. 

 

:nigel:

 

 

Niasse, Tosun and Kean cost about £70m between them, one is out on loan, another has played six league games in the last season and a half, and the other one hasn't scored a single goal.

 

Superb stuff.... 

But they will still not fall foul of FFP ..... bizarre ......the old established clubs seem to live in a parallel universe to the rest of us !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Yep their finances have just come out at their AGM and there's some horrible reading for Everton fans. Basically borrowing money from banks and shareholders to pay off previous loans, and even though the owner has injected £100m their net loss is still £122m. £160m wage bill which is 85% of turnover. 

 

:nigel:

 

 

Niasse, Tosun and Kean cost about £70m between them, one is out on loan, another has played six league games in the last season and a half, and the other one hasn't scored a single goal.

 

Superb stuff.... 

And yet people on here saying Bournemouth are the big spenders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gerard said:

 

They spent £50m this season on transfers and £80m last year.

 

Outside the traditional big six then the other 14 clubs get the majority of their income from TV money.  In 2018 they were rated the 28th biggest club in the world on the metric of income. 

 

In today's football Bournemouth are more comparable to a club like Everton than Everton are to Tottenham. 

No they ain't. Everton have multiple trophies massive history full 40,000 crowds, huge following. Bournemouth have been bottom division forever and struck gold for 5 mins with a incredible young manager. They are incomparable. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No they ain't. Everton have multiple trophies massive history full 40,000 crowds, huge following. Bournemouth have been bottom division forever and struck gold for 5 mins with a incredible young manager. They are incomparable. 

Exactly there’s maybe 50-60 clubs bigger than Bournemouth in English football, compared to maybe 5-6 than Everton. Comparing them is like comparing us to Mansfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Very unlikely, but imagine if Everton do somehow get relegated - considering how much they've spend on average players in recent reasons, and their gamble to hire a highly-regarded and very successful manager to try and get the best out of their current team..

 

Wouldn't be happy at all with all of these cash injections into this club and yet still battling in mid-table if I were a Toffees fan.

They won't go down and Everton fans aren't happy with how the club is, hence the protesting that went on last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

But they will still not fall foul of FFP ..... bizarre ......the old established clubs seem to live in a parallel universe to the rest of us !

£94m losses over the three year FFP period. Short of the £105m allowed loss. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51114007

Edited by The Bear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

And yet people on here saying Bournemouth are the big spenders. 

 

For context - people say that in response to those saying Bournemouth are operating on a small budget.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No they ain't. Everton have multiple trophies massive history full 40,000 crowds, huge following. Bournemouth have been bottom division forever and struck gold for 5 mins with a incredible young manager. They are incomparable. 

 

What part of "today's football" did you misunderstand?

 

In "today's football" income is everything as it allows you to spend on transfer fees and wages. Everton having 40k crowds and a trophy cabinet that was filled in the 1800's & 1900's is largely irrelevant. Both teams fish in similar waters for players. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lildave3 said:

Ake or Wilson I suppose, the same as it is 2 years and 130 million pound later 🤷🏼‍♂️
 

As for the part of progressing despite selling your best players, Brentford are the prime example of why you can do exactly that. 

And you could make a case for ourselves to an extent too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watford 'rejected' new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before Nigel Pearson appointment 

Watford reportedly chose not to appoint new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before naming Nigel Pearson as their manager last month.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watford-rejected-new-barcelona-boss-21282492

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Watford 'rejected' new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before Nigel Pearson appointment 

Watford reportedly chose not to appoint new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before naming Nigel Pearson as their manager last month.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watford-rejected-new-barcelona-boss-21282492

lol amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Watford 'rejected' new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before Nigel Pearson appointment 

Watford reportedly chose not to appoint new Barcelona boss Quique Setien before naming Nigel Pearson as their manager last month.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watford-rejected-new-barcelona-boss-21282492

 

The Belgian lads will be amazed that their failed ex manager was selected ahead of the new Barcelona manager by Watford. lol

 

@Lizhang @Bonanza @Pelotas

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

The Belgian lads will be amazed that their failed ex manager was selected ahead of the new Barcelona manager by Watford. lol

 

@Lizhang @Bonanza @Pelotas

I wonder what went wrong there? Perhaps just missing the Shakey component, maybe language issues, or perhaps just the bizarre nature of the Belgian League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool Man United overkill has begun. A special ref watch on decisions in the last billion years from previous ‘battles’ that bears absolutely no relevance to the game at the weekend. Quite pathetic really 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...