Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

What a great day for us apart from Wolves winning.

Win at Burnley tomorrow and then Liverpool beat Man Utd and it's a great weekend and looks very comfortable again for us. 

And people think we are in bad form, the only team that is winning every game is Liverpool. Securely top 4 will probably require only another 25 or so points with how things stand 

• Like 1

On the assumption that the mancs are in for a proper seeing to tomorrow, today has been awesome for us. Let's hope we can capitalise on it with a win against a poor Burnley.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Let’s not start chicken counting just yet ....    all depends on which Leicester turns up ....   fingers crossed peeps.

Absolutely. Always nervous when Sir Wilfred isn't playing.

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

And people think we are in bad form, the only team that is winning every game is Liverpool. Securely top 4 will probably require only another 25 or so points with how things stand 

70 would be comfortably 4th and almost certainly 3rd in my opinion. 60 might well wrap up 4th

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Absolutely. Always nervous when Sir Wilfred isn't playing.

True.  But at least we know he should be back for the (hopefully) pre Wembley match  :) ....   and Brendan should now know how best to play without him.   

And if the rumours are true about JV’s mini op he should now be back to his best too ...

If we get 1.67 points per game (37 total) and maintain our goal difference then Man U cannot push us out of the CL, even if they win every game.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

If we get 1.67 points per game (37 total) and maintain our goal difference then Man U cannot push us out of the CL, even if they win every game.

Good as in the bag then ...   :thumbup:

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Not only would it be funny, it would be great for football as non competitive leagues are boring. This season is a bit boring because of Liverpool, but if you look past them the rest of the division is very competitive despite massive differences in spending ability between clubs.

I particularly enjoy the demise of Man U as their fans were insufferable for years. I am glad that for once they know what it's like to support a really average and unexciting team. I'm sure people think we have become insufferable since the title win, but many of us have been around to experience when we were relegated to League One and / or darker days of the past too.

Absolutely. In addition I  would love to see how the mainstream media would cope with so many of the big 6 out of Europe. 

True, but they’re only really suffering a small level of the mediocrity that the supporters of the majority of the other teams have felt. A crisis season would still be finishing in the bottom of the top half. I long for the day that one of the big 6 suffer enough to be close to the bottom or even relegated. Only then do I feel that their fans would start to get on a general level.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Not technically true. As it stands if United win the Europa League and Spurs win the Champions League then 4th place would drop into the Europa League next season. Maybe unlikely but still a possibility.

72 points is usually required for 4th and we are some way off that yet and not in very good form.Finishing top 4 is far from certain.

I didn't realise how tricky our run is after this Burnley game, we definitely could do with getting all three points. I'm just thankful there's a week recovery between Wolves away and Man City at home. 

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

Not technically true. As it stands if United win the Europa League and Spurs win the Champions League then 4th place would drop into the Europa League next season. Maybe unlikely but still a possibility.

72 points is usually required for 4th and we are some way off that yet and not in very good form.Finishing top 4 is far from certain.

Not this season ........

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Absolutely. In addition I  would love to see how the mainstream media would cope with so many of the big 6 out of Europe. 

True, but they’re only really suffering a small level of the mediocrity that the supporters of the majority of the other teams have felt. A crisis season would still be finishing in the bottom of the top half. I long for the day that one of the big 6 suffer enough to be close to the bottom or even relegated. Only then do I feel that their fans would start to get on a general level.

As sure as eggs it will happen again, I still remember utd being relegated in 74, and rest assured THAT was shocking!

The big six think they are entitled to top flight, ask a Saracens supporter about that right now!

Currently the prime candidate is Real Arsenal but a change of ownership at Chelski or Utd could put them in the brown stuff very easily.

The cash flowing from Sky now levels the field considerably.

15 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Don't usually use this 'tone', find it quite condescending and petty but well I am being towards the media and plastic fans of the 'big' teams I guess...

WhAt AbOuT tHe CoEfFiCiEnT!!!!!

"Damn bottom feeders ruining the bloody coefficient!" is how the mainstream media and plastic armchair fans of the 'big' teams will cope with it.

Edited by Matt

37 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

God I love maffs (and English).

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not this season ........

Maybe but I'd still work towards that figure for the moment. I'd be surprised if it was fewer than 65.