Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Just now, adejo92 said:

I can't stand Liverpool but they are completely superior this season. 

With Liverpool over the hill and Man City inevitably going to be picking up more points than ourselves, I'd just be happy to stick to 3rd and hope those beneath us continue to slip up. 

Our Chelsea game is a huge one for providing a bit of breathing space. 

Why ?  They have been no more consistent than ourselves so far. They are the one game ahead. If we beat them at our place then it is all square again. We should be pushing them all the way. If they want second place then they should have to work for it. I still fancy us for the silver medal spot

• Like 1

Think I would much rather play arsenal or Utd away now days instead of wolves crazy how times change 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Why ?  They have been no more consistent than ourselves so far. They are the one game ahead. If we beat them at our place then it is all square again. We should be pushing them all the way. If they want second place then they should have to work for it. I still fancy us for the silver medal spot

Nah, they will pick up more points than us for sure. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 6 points + ahead of us come the end. 

• Confused 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Fuchs or chilly against traore next month ??.

Tough either way. I'd probably go Fuchs based on Chils last game

If we could clone Ricardo and make him a LB...

On 02/01/2020 at 15:05, KingsX said:

An invisible hand pulling down the 1 v 1 defender.

It's time to admit, a deal's been struck at midnight at the crossroads, ain't nobody but Liverpool winning this thing.

And the invisible hand pulls down Jota as he starts to tap in the equalizer ...

devil.JPG.a5d22eb6e6834b99f57a4e4c88394e2f.JPG

12 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

14 pts it is then 

Our goal difference pretty much adds another point.

• Like 1

Perfect result. Was a bit worried at 1-1, but this adds to a great set of results for us. Only Norwich let us down. Very optimistic again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he plays like he did today, I'd say take him out and play with 10, would probably be a worthwhile trade-off. lol

Just now, st albans fox said:

Both and can we borrow Robertson as well? Seriously i would probably play Chillers. Whilst i think Fuchs is still a better defender, Traore will have him on toast for pace. Whoever ot is will need their winger to put in a shift tracking back when he gets on the ball. Best way to nullify him is to cut off the supply. need Wilf to be at it against them and stop them bringing him into the game

Shame we couldn't get a 2nd. That's the difference though and why Wolves and Liverpool are where they are in the league. If Jota plays in Traore it's an almost certain goal. 

Clattenburg definitely earning his expert money earlier- "Robertson wants to foul him outside the box because if it is inside he gives away a penalty".

Thank God BT provide this extra service for us plebs.

• Haha 2

Great result for us. Gutting for Wolves.

Traore has to be the most exciting player in the Premier League right now. Lightning fast, strong AND with an end product. And Wolves have a top-grade centre forward in Jimenez too.

We’ll have to be at our absolute best when we play them next month.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Both and can we borrow Robertson as well? Seriously i would probably play Chillers. Whilst i think Fuchs is still a better defender, Traore will have him on toast for pace. Whoever ot is will need their winger to put in a shift tracking back when he gets on the ball. Best way to nullify him is to cut off the supply. need Wilf to be at it against them and stop them bringing him into the game

Robertson got torn apart by Traore this evening. 

He can't be stopped, only question is whether his end product is up to scratch on any given night. It increasingly is. 

Just now, martyn said:

Robertson got torn apart by Traore this evening. 

He can't be stopped, only question is whether his end product is up to scratch on any given night. It increasingly is. 

He made Robertson look like Moreno. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

With luck like this, imagine when it turns. Klopp sacked halfway through next season?  Unlikely as fuch. 

true, but you have to admit theyve had some luck/ rub of the green

you never know tbh, if they win the league some of their players might want a fresh challenge who knows

Traore pissed all over them tonight yet there's still some idiots on here who think he's shit.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's awful and I shouldn't keep obsessing over what ifs but I can't help but be frustrated that if we'd beaten Burnley and Southampton it would be twenty. TWENTY. Tweeeeenty. 

How good would that feel. Could genuinely just ****ing relax. 

Another way of looking at it is that we had two disastrous losses against Southampton and Burnley and still maintained that 14pt gap to 5th.

One thing on our side this season is the chasing pack goes nowhere. What we have to hope now is that one of those teams within a few points of 5th don't go on a title winning type form for the last 14 games. 

Even if one of those teams on 34 pts finished the season with Man City's form this season (2.125 pts per game) we would still only need 16pts from our last 14 games to finish above them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1