Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Just in on BBC news:-

The Oxford English Dictionary has changed its definition of the word Yid to include a "supporter of or player for Tottenham Hotspur".

Apparently they narrowly missed out on

"perpetual losers", "has beens" and "big headed b*stards"

But there's always next year.

Did they mention Spud cry baby whining jealous Cnuts 3rd in a 2 horse race in the descriptive of Tottenham Lukewarmspurs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did Brighton feel it necessary to give Graham Potter what was it? A five year contract? Based upon how Brighton are ‘playing better football’? 
Playing better football and ‘progressing’ could easily equate to relegation.

Football clubs don’t have make some bizarre decisions at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why did Brighton feel it necessary to give Graham Potter what was it? A five year contract? Based upon how Brighton are ‘playing better football’? 
Playing better football and ‘progressing’ could easily equate to relegation.

Football clubs don’t have make some bizarre decisions at times

I don't think his appointment was a bad decision, giving him a new five year contract after 3 months was bizarre though. He seemed baffled by it himself. They may get relegated this season, but judging by their form at the end of last season I think they would have gone down this season with Chris Hughton anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stadt said:

I think how intelligent clubs are matters more than wealth. United rake in loads more than Liverpool but because the twats are unbearably well run they’re setting records. Arsenal are richer than us, Sheffield United and Wolves but because we’ve got good managers and well assembled squads we’re all performing much better.

 

Even Man City are mega rich but don’t win titles by blowing absolutely everybody out of the water financially, yeah obviously they spend more, but they’ve made clever acquisitions rather than spent £100ms on just a few players. Liverpool have become the best team in the world by getting a superb manager in, giving him time, assembling the best recruitment team in the world and putting together a talented, undervalued and cohesive squad. 


Spurs spend very little relatively and have probably been the second or third best team in the league over recent years too.

 

I hate how money oriented it is and how the elite clubs are so self-serving but the glass ceiling is starting to crack a little bit. The main worry is the elite clubs that are switched on like Man City and Liverpool, how on earth do we catch them up? We probably can’t but that’s football and it’s always been similar.

 

With the right signings we can build a world class squad, Liverpool weren’t amazing 3 years ago, they signed players from Hull, Hoffenheim, Roma, Southampton, Charlton, Monaco, Sunderland and Newcastle to build this squad do it’s not out of reach. Being more intelligent as club is better than being more well off.

It is but I do think ultimately that the glass ceiling still exists, it's just moved up slightly because of how poor some of the others are. If Manchester United, Arsenal and I'd argue even Chelsea were better run we'd be a lot worse off.

 

It is so fundamentally structured against clubs outside the elite.

 

We have been the single best competitor against the elite though and I am proud of that. This is quite incredible really but Leicester 2016 is the only non big 6 side to qualify for the Champions League since Everton in 2005 (and even Everton were binned out in the play-offs before the groups), and we look like becoming the 2nd this season too.

 

We've actually done superbly. Appreciate I've turned a negative into a positive here lol but well done Leicester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weird thing to moan about but I hate how google has the form going from most recent game on the left progressing through the previous matches to the right.

 

Is it me or does everyone else show the form going oldest first on the left, to newest on the right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

great signing by Chelski. annoying. 

Ziyech rejected us before hasn't he? Doubt he'd have joined us regardless of what we offered - not a big enough club in his eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Out Foxed said:

great signing by Chelski. annoying. 

Potentially yes, and Chelski are we still doing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brucey said:

 

Ziyech rejected us before hasn't he? Doubt he'd have joined us regardless of what we offered - not a big enough club in his eyes.

Yeah, annoying Indeed. Always viewed by many on here as the obvious replacement for Mahrez. Seems so obvious, this football player market sometimes! It never pans out like the fans want it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brings a new dimension to the chant

 

“You’re not fit to referee”

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11932957/premier-league-referees-andy-madley-and-david-coote-fail-fifa-fitness-test

 

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote fail FIFA fitness test
 

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote failed fitness tests to remain members of the FIFA international list, Sky Sports News has confirmed.

 

The Daily Mail reported that the pair attended a training camp in Majorca recently but did not meet the physical standard required to proceed.

 

David Coote also attended the training camp in Majorca 

Sky Sports News has been told that the reason for their failed tests was due to illness.

 

Madley and Coote remain on FIFA's list of elite referees and will now retake their tests.

 

Coote refereed Everton's 3-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, while Madley's last Premier League appointment also involved Palace, in their 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United the previous weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Sky Sports News has been told that the reason for their failed tests was due to illness.

Think this is probably an important part to highlight in the article! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

 

 

Confirmed transfer to Chelsea.

I don't really get how a player can be plotting a move away and agreeing a move away outside of the transfer window.

 

If one of our players did this I'd be fuming!

 

And if this is now a thing we should start doing it. No doubt we'd get hit with a transfer ban. 

 

Dirty Chelsea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't really get how a player can be plotting a move away and agreeing a move away outside of the transfer window.

 

If one of our players did this I'd be fuming!

 

And if this is now a thing we should start doing it. No doubt we'd get hit with a transfer ban. 

 

Dirty Chelsea.

ajax have confirmed it. they are within their rights to be negotiating a deal whilst the window is shut. it gives them certainty with their planning.  i have an inkling that Chelsea tried to get this deal done in January so perhaps the player wanted his future sorting out as he wanted to leave last month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I don't really get how a player can be plotting a move away and agreeing a move away outside of the transfer window.

 

If one of our players did this I'd be fuming!

 

And if this is now a thing we should start doing it. No doubt we'd get hit with a transfer ban. 

 

Dirty Chelsea.

Chelsea tried to buy him in January, but Ajax didn't want to sell.

 

They've made the signing official now to avoid fan backlash for not signing anyone in January despite Lampard over achieving by having them compete for a Champions League place despite losing Hazard. Lampard himself seemed pretty annoyed by the situation so I think they've done this to show him they are backing and trusting him. So essentially a PR move.

 

Deals get done outside of transfer windows all the time. We had deals for Ndidi and Ricardo done in advance of windows being opened up, even if they weren't made official. Admittedly they weren't as early as this one!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Brings a new dimension to the chant

 

“You’re not fit to referee”

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11932957/premier-league-referees-andy-madley-and-david-coote-fail-fifa-fitness-test

 

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote fail FIFA fitness test
 

Premier League referees Andy Madley and David Coote failed fitness tests to remain members of the FIFA international list, Sky Sports News has confirmed.

 

The Daily Mail reported that the pair attended a training camp in Majorca recently but did not meet the physical standard required to proceed.

 

David Coote also attended the training camp in Majorca 

Sky Sports News has been told that the reason for their failed tests was due to illness.

 

Madley and Coote remain on FIFA's list of elite referees and will now retake their tests.

 

Coote refereed Everton's 3-1 win over Crystal Palace on Saturday, while Madley's last Premier League appointment also involved Palace, in their 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United the previous weekend.

My sources tell me that Bournmouth's favourite ref Jon Moss was set to fail but his Gym work saved him.

Apparently he works out almost once a week..

Polish_20200213_172719055.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...