Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It's down to both of them, we need 10-12 points and we need other teams to drop points. It's in our own hands if thats what you mean.

I agree and I'm certain 5 wins and its done.

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Easily. Be less than that mark (no pun intended) my words!

One thing that worries me, is that our squad has barely coped this season, how are we gonna manage with another 6+ games in Europe (It's likely we'll play 10 or 11 in reality)? Need a few signings this summer to beef out the squad, it looks really thin at the moment.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

One thing that worries me, is that our squad has barely coped this season, how are we gonna manage with another 6+ games in Europe (It's likely we'll play 10 or 11 in reality)? Need a few signings this summer to beef out the squad, it looks really thin at the moment.

I imagine it's why we target players like Lallana. Experience and a bit of squad depth as well.

Not every player we sign, or to be signed, will be world class like some fans want or imagine. We're not in a position to do that and spend that kind of money.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah not sure how he can be blamed for it.

I'm guessing the same moaning about Pickford there are doing the same for Ramsdale yesterday?! Very similar to Salah just opposite side.

Was a decent goal.

The people blaming Pickford for their first goal probably don't even know who Ramsdale is

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That will be a nice thing to worry about. 😀

Felt a bit lonely in the 'Points Required...' thread so I thought I'd join you all here. Despite a quite awful run of form, we are miraculously still in the box seat. Our fate will, therefore, be determined by our results, not those of the chasing pack. Crucially, our recent demise has coincided with Vardy's injury-influenced goal drought. For me, our destiny hangs on the fitness of our talisman over the next 10 games.

• Like 1

This pressing of Ancellotti’s is so ineffective.  Get it past their front line into the midfield and they are already in trouble.

Not convinced by calvert lewin despite his recent form. seems like an average player on a good streak, overall play is weak

Chelsea closing the gap. Tomorrow night's game is becoming very important. A sub-standard performance and defeat will inevitable mean we will drop to 4th after the following round of games whether behind closed doors or not!!

• Like 1

Everton are just doing what was expected, aren't they? A few wins against strugglers and out of form teams then not beating the top four/ six clubs.

15 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Not convinced by calvert lewin despite his recent form. seems like an average player on a good streak, overall play is weak

100%, average player. So naturally Everton have just given him a bumper pay rise on a 5 year deal. They really are a poorly run club.

30 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

I agree too. I reckon about the turn of the year I said we o my need 5 or 6 wins to get CL football and that's still the case. 

A bit like Leeds in the champs, Jan/Feb is a good time to have a bad time

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Everton are just doing what was expected, aren't they? A few wins against strugglers and out of form teams then not beating the top four/ six clubs.

It would be rather useful to us if it was the other way round, a la Wolves.

Just now, Remember Kember said:

3-0 to chelsea. How poor are Everton today no pressing of the ball at all. Chelsea could get 2 or 3 if they want

Make that 4!

Holgate has looked decent as a centre back recently but that was schoolboy stuff. This could be a cricket score.

This Everton defence are more open than...I won’t say it, it got me banned last time.

• Haha 1

I know this probably does us no favours and looks a bit ominous for the FA Cup but this Is absolutely hilarious lol Everton are some club man