Jump to content
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Recommended Posts

That CL thing is a joke if it goes through.

 

In other minor news, don't expect to see Chelsea extending their stadium any time soon...

 

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/scrapped-whistle-blown-on-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10046964.article?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=LinkedIn#Echobox=1588153180

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Back to the mardy bastards on the Tyne.... reports suggesting they’re willing to pay Potch £19m a year. I’d never wish bad luck on any club but I seriously hope this falls through.... it’s a complete joke if these schemers end up owning a premier league club.

 

Haven't read too much about them but has any specific wrongdoing been proven against the prospective owners? Or is the uproar basically due to their human rights record etc.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

 

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

 

Haven't read too much about them but has any specific wrongdoing been proven against the prospective owners? Or is the uproar basically due to their human rights record etc.. 

 

I mean they dismembered a journalist in Turkey 18 months ago if you class that as wrongdoing 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

 

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

 

 

They have missed a load of names on their as well. I guess being the BBC they have to try and incorporate as many clubs as possible in their selection. 

 

Le Tissier will be number 1 I am sure they will go for. Speed will be number 2 great ex pro they will say. Vardy 3 I reckon they will go for. 

 

Personally would go Vardy 1, not just because played for us. But not only he has been our top scorer and  kept us in the premier league and he has also won the league with a club outside of the big 6. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unique FC said:

They have missed a load of names on their as well. I guess being the BBC they have to try and incorporate as many clubs as possible in their selection. 

 

Le Tissier will be number 1 I am sure they will go for. Speed will be number 2 great ex pro they will say. Vardy 3 I reckon they will go for. 

 

Personally would go Vardy 1, not just because played for us. But not only he has been our top scorer and  kept us in the premier league and he has also won the league with a club outside of the big 6. 

 

 

 

 

Not forgetting is 11 in heaven....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

 

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

 

 

 

Why is Alan Shearer not on that list, a shoo in for No1 place?

Edited by Gerard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-could-use-21944290

 

Premier League clubs 'could use sanitising tunnels to get fans back into stadiums'
The Premier League has been suspended since early March but new technology designed in Hong Kong could help fans return to games


BySam Meade
09:42, 29 APR 2020UPDATED10:11, 29 APR 2020

Premier League football fans could soon return thanks to "CLeanTech" pods that have been developed for a Hong Kong exhibition centre.

The three- in-one disinfection machine was created to help the AsiaWorld-Expo centre host upcoming events.

And now football chiefs are discussing the idea of using the technology to help fans attend once games return.

The technology sees individuals walk through a pod before entering any given venue.

Fans would stand in front of the technology which would take their temperature and deem whether they are well enough proceed.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-04-29-at-091426.jpg


This process takes 12 seconds to complete.

The centre in Hong Kong is due to hold an Avril Lavigne concert on May 24 and will house 16,000 people.

Using such technology at football stadiums would be challenging but could help with the return of fixtures, claims The Sun.


 


more media crap ?

 

if you have a temp then you can be checked that with the pointy thermometer thing as you approach the stadium.

 

if you have the virus but aren’t showing any symptoms yet (or are asymptomatic) then this pod will do nothing apart from disinfecting you and your clothes when you’re in it. Thereafter, you are still infectious. And it’s simply not workable with big crowds.

 

 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

That CL thing is a joke if it goes through.

 

In other minor news, don't expect to see Chelsea extending their stadium any time soon...

 

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/scrapped-whistle-blown-on-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10046964.article?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=LinkedIn#Echobox=1588153180

 

That's one spectacular stadium design.  Too bad it's the Toilet Bowl that actually got built instead.

 

It's hard to figure out Abramovich and CFC.  What's another half a bill when the club already "owes" him ₤1.2B in "loans", and he's back to buying them players? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were nowhere near it yet but would feel very strange watching Newcastle have 70% possession against us, beating us with individual brilliance and feeling pleased it was only 3 they scored....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

 

Haven't read too much about them but has any specific wrongdoing been proven against the prospective owners? Or is the uproar basically due to their human rights record etc.. 

 

There’s also talk they have a lot to do with illegal streaming of PL games, if that’s 100% true or not but there’s a lot of concerning comments being made about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

 

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

 

 

Ridiculous isn’t it?? Speed, Batty and Vardy have all won league titles (2 in Batty’s case!) for their none ‘top 6’ sides. 

Edited by Staffs Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Staffs Fox said:

Ridiculous isn’t it?? Speed, Batty and Vardy have all won league titles (2 in Batty’s case!) for their none ‘top 6’ sides. 

If they are going to keep doing these pointless list they should at least have focused on best players not to have won the PL /Tier 1 League depending on how far they want to go back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky Sports to play recorded crowd chants for fans if behind closed doors are played
Football fans watching games behind closed doors could be given a pre-recorded fan noise of fans by Sky Sports if the Premier League season resumes


ByDan GibbsDeputy Sports News Editor
14:56, 29 APR 2020UPDATED15:06, 29 APR 2020

Sky Sports will reportedly give football fans the option to listen to pre-recorded crowd noise should the season resume behind closed doors.

 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/sky-sports-play-recorded-crowd-21946901

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier League’s most valuable teams ranked in new study as Spurs take top spot
Tottenham top the charts as the most valuable club in a new study - but where do the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool rank?


ByDan GibbsDeputy Sports News Editor
14:23, 29 APR 2020UPDATED14:26, 29 APR 2020

Tottenham have been named the most valuable club in the Premier League as a result of an in depth study.

While Spurs are far from the biggest spenders in England’s top flight, their tightly run club by chairman Daniel Levy is clearly working.

A new study compiled by University of Liverpool Management School football finance expert Kieran Maguire put Spurs ahead of second placed Manchester City and third-placed Manchester United in monetary value.

Despite a lack of trophies, Spurs have gained several yards on competitors thanks to their generally low wage structure and 'highly commercial' stadium with continuous earning potential.

 

0_JS211217595.jpg


Tottenham top their rivals when it comes to being the most valuable club

Maguire explains: “Spurs are top of the valuation table because in 2018-19 they delivered a Champions League final and a top four Premier League finish on a wage budget that was £100-150m lower than the rest of the "Big Six".

“As such they made more profits, and this was reflected in the final valuation number.

“These factors led to a 21 per cent increase in income, to £461m for Spurs in 2018-19, against an unbelievably light 39 per cent player wage cost – the lowest ratio in the Premier League.

“By comparison, top four rivals Leicester City see 84 per cent of their income eaten up by player wages. Tottenham also only spent a net £22m on players – only Watford spent less (£21m) – where Chelsea spent net £290m, Liverpool £223m, Man Utd £135m and Man City £87m.”


Pep Guardiola’s City topped the table back in 2018 with a value of £2.364bn.

Liverpool have risen from sixth in the standings back then to third thanks to their success in the Champions League, rising from a valuation of £1.356bn to £1.627bn in the most recent study.

However, overall Premier League clubs posted a combined loss of £384m across the 2018/19 season and clubs are now set to take a financial hit if the season is cancelled amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.


Eleven of the clubs in the league rely on broadcast income for at least 75% of their revenue.

“We have seen the share prices of clubs with shares quoted on the stock exchanges, such as Manchester United and Juventus, fall by 20-30 per cent since the start of the year,” Maguire adds.

“This is likely to be greater for smaller clubs who don't have the marketing and reputational might of the well-known brands.”

UEFA has given the Premier League a deadline of May 25 to decide if the season will be scrapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ajthefox said:

That CL thing is a joke if it goes through.

 

In other minor news, don't expect to see Chelsea extending their stadium any time soon...

 

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/news/scrapped-whistle-blown-on-herzog-and-de-meurons-chelsea-stadium/10046964.article?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=LinkedIn#Echobox=1588153180

I really liked the Chelsea stadium design. I think there was a separate topic on it somewhere. I think it's been dead for some time now, but a shame to see it officially confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Back to the mardy bastards on the Tyne.... reports suggesting they’re willing to pay Potch £19m a year. I’d never wish bad luck on any club but I seriously hope this falls through.... it’s a complete joke if these schemers end up owning a premier league club. 

That's like 400k a week that takeover can't happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, davieG said:

Sky Sports to play recorded crowd chants for fans if behind closed doors are played
Football fans watching games behind closed doors could be given a pre-recorded fan noise of fans by Sky Sports if the Premier League season resumes


ByDan GibbsDeputy Sports News Editor
14:56, 29 APR 2020UPDATED15:06, 29 APR 2020

Sky Sports will reportedly give football fans the option to listen to pre-recorded crowd noise should the season resume behind closed doors.

 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/sky-sports-play-recorded-crowd-21946901

 

 

If its just an option rather than default then fair enough. 

 

Quest had fake crowd noise for EFL highlights and it was so embarrassing, the sound was about half a second off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If its just an option rather than default then fair enough. 

 

Quest had fake crowd noise for EFL highlights and it was so embarrassing, the sound was about half a second off.

And completely out of proportion. 300 Crewe fans making the noise of about 4,000 when they scored away from home.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, davieG said:

Premier League’s most valuable teams ranked in new study as Spurs take top spot
Tottenham top the charts as the most valuable club in a new study - but where do the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Liverpool rank?


ByDan GibbsDeputy Sports News Editor
14:23, 29 APR 2020UPDATED14:26, 29 APR 2020

Tottenham have been named the most valuable club in the Premier League as a result of an in depth study.

While Spurs are far from the biggest spenders in England’s top flight, their tightly run club by chairman Daniel Levy is clearly working.

A new study compiled by University of Liverpool Management School football finance expert Kieran Maguire put Spurs ahead of second placed Manchester City and third-placed Manchester United in monetary value.

Despite a lack of trophies, Spurs have gained several yards on competitors thanks to their generally low wage structure and 'highly commercial' stadium with continuous earning potential.

 

0_JS211217595.jpg


Tottenham top their rivals when it comes to being the most valuable club

Maguire explains: “Spurs are top of the valuation table because in 2018-19 they delivered a Champions League final and a top four Premier League finish on a wage budget that was £100-150m lower than the rest of the "Big Six".

“As such they made more profits, and this was reflected in the final valuation number.

“These factors led to a 21 per cent increase in income, to £461m for Spurs in 2018-19, against an unbelievably light 39 per cent player wage cost – the lowest ratio in the Premier League.

“By comparison, top four rivals Leicester City see 84 per cent of their income eaten up by player wages. Tottenham also only spent a net £22m on players – only Watford spent less (£21m) – where Chelsea spent net £290m, Liverpool £223m, Man Utd £135m and Man City £87m.”


Pep Guardiola’s City topped the table back in 2018 with a value of £2.364bn.

Liverpool have risen from sixth in the standings back then to third thanks to their success in the Champions League, rising from a valuation of £1.356bn to £1.627bn in the most recent study.

However, overall Premier League clubs posted a combined loss of £384m across the 2018/19 season and clubs are now set to take a financial hit if the season is cancelled amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.


Eleven of the clubs in the league rely on broadcast income for at least 75% of their revenue.

“We have seen the share prices of clubs with shares quoted on the stock exchanges, such as Manchester United and Juventus, fall by 20-30 per cent since the start of the year,” Maguire adds.

“This is likely to be greater for smaller clubs who don't have the marketing and reputational might of the well-known brands.”

UEFA has given the Premier League a deadline of May 25 to decide if the season will be scrapped.

How are Burnley above us? :D 

Edited by pmcla26
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

How are Burnley above us? :D 

Well it’s based on last year and I assume our valuation is negatively  affected by the amount of money we are contracted to pay out to the players 

 

the corresponding report this time next year will have us higher - possibly 7th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

How are Burnley above us? :D 

 

Because Burnley refuse to spend proper money and keep pretending to be a small club despite raking in all the money that comes from being a premier league club year after year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 12:32, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52440999

 

Another stupid barrel scrapping article on the best players outside 'the big 6' in premier league history, as if Leeds and Newcastle have been worse than last season's top 6 since the beginning of time. Gary Speed, David Batty and Tim Cahill regularly finished ahead of the likes of Spurs in their careers 

 

 

This is what they're debating on MOTD this week. I knew Vardy would be in there, and rightly so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...