Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Summer 2019 Internationals

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So, who do we have involved? 

AFCON - looks like only Ndidi will be involved. 

Under 21 Euros - Maddison, Gray, Barnes and maybe Hamza? 

UEFA nations league - Maguire and Chilwell

Kelechi is in Nigeria squad 

hamza will definitely be in the U21 and JM could be in the full squad. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Surely Maddison will be in the first team?

I think there Is a chance but don't think it is guaranteed. 

He wasn't in the last squad and GS mentioned something about him being  a number 10 and England not playing with one...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

So, who do we have involved? 

AFCON - looks like only Ndidi will be involved. 

Under 21 Euros - Maddison, Gray, Barnes and maybe Hamza? 

UEFA nations league - Maguire and Chilwell

Nacho in Nigeria’s provisional squad too, though given what the coach has said about him he might not get in the full one. Musa also selected...

Muskwe is in the Zimbabwe squad. There’s one or two more youngsters that may get a call up when more squads get announced. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely baffling.

Personally, to think Maddison is worthy of a place in the first team is a severe case of blue tinted glasses, just my opinion. After a good but very inconsistent big leap up from the  Championship,  he ended the season really well I thought. He's an exciting prospect. But ... he's a not that good yet I'm afraid to take the place of one of the England first team squad. A good pre-season, more experience,  better fitness levels and he may be in with a shout. He's a work in progress and he needs experience and patience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's been the most creative player in Europe this season and his competition is what? Ross Barkley and Jesse Lingard?

Depends what system Southgate plays. I'm sure he'll have been watching him over the course of the season and when he first came, whilst extremely promising, he was very inconsistent and couldn't last more than around 65 minutes which is why he was forever being substituted. He's improved greatly particularly now Tielemans has shared the burden. Your comment that he's been the most creative player in Europe is a bold one, Messi must be merely dragging along aimlessly in his wake poor fella. I shouldn't believe everything you read into stats, if he really was the best in Europe he'd have had his England debut by now and be leaving for Madrid in July for 150m but I haven't heard any reports yet. He's exceptionally good for his age and experience and will get his chance soon enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

We havent even played him as a 10 that much since we switched to 4141. Southgate is just a pussy scared to drop top 6 midfielders that have shit seasons.

If Southgate actually had a Top 6 bias, would the likes of Maguire and Chilwell be starting over Gomez and Rose?

• Like 4

Maddison would be in the squad if there wasn't the under 21 euros, I'm sure of it. I think its right that the core under 21 players like Wan-Bissaka, Maddison etc who are on fringes of the senior squad get the opportunity to go to a tournament. Sancho being the exception probably.

Lingard has done well for Southgate so will always be in his squads if fit, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. He has openly said that he sees his England squad like a club squad and likes consistency of selection. He always does generally reward good form too.

Luke Shaw winning United player of the year and not even getting into the England squad is hilarious. 

In fact they have 2 in at most. Oh how the mighty fall. Come to think of it, Chelsea have none in.  (admittedly 2 injuries) but still

• Like 1