Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Summer 2019 Internationals

As expected. Be surprised if at least half of the Spurs/Liverpool withdraw after the champions league final. Trent A-A always seems to withdraw.

Don't see point calling up Harry Winks because I don't remember the last time he played (has he been injured?) and there's lots of central midfielders named.

4 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Much better for Maddison to be playing every game in a competitive tournament than being a bench player for the full team

Youd also think hed be one of the main guys in the team, the "pressure" of being a senior in the team may help him a lot.

Same with Gray tbh

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

As expected. Be surprised if at least half of the Spurs/Liverpool withdraw after the champions league final. Trent A-A always seems to withdraw.

Don't see point calling up Harry Winks because I don't remember the last time he played (has he been injured?) and there's lots of central midfielders named.

He's had a lot of little injuries in his ankle or groin I think. 

32 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Anyone fancy trying to pick our best side out of that?

We played 4-3-3 a few months ago so I'll go with that.

I'd go:

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
Maguire
Chilwell

Henderson

Rice

Barkley

Sterling

Kane

Sancho

I'd probably have Loftus-Cheek over Barkley if he was available. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone fancy trying to pick our best side out of that?

We played 4-3-3 a few months ago so I'll go with that.

I'd go:

Pickford

Alexander-Arnold
Gomez
Maguire
Chilwell

Henderson

Rice

Barkley

Sterling

Kane

Sancho

I'd probably have Loftus-Cheek over Barkley if he was available. 

Ali over Barkley for me, and at this moment in time I'd go for Stones instead of Gomez (but I do think Gomez will become first choice once he gets over fitness concerns)

Agree with rest.

24 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Okay, who do you think was hard done by in missing out?  

Personally I wouldn’t be on this idea that playing the Under 21 tournament is better for development. There’s players like Wan Bissaka, Maddison and Foden who are better players than those selected. 

Its all about the image thing for me as well. Lingard is woefully out of form and Kane won’t be 100% fit either. I think that’s a bad ‘standard’ to set. 

Just looking at the dates too, the Under 21s doesn’t start until 16th. So there’s opportunity to have a player shadowing the main team and then playing for under 21s 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Luke Shaw winning United player of the year and not even getting into the England squad is hilarious. 

In fact they have 2 in at most. Oh how the mighty fall. Come to think of it, Chelsea have none in.  (admittedly 2 injuries) but still

I read that luke Shaw was united player of the season in the Mercury, and had to check! Amazing. When our left back is better than the man united left back who is also their player of the season. Unreal.

Alli is genuinely shit for England, it’s frustrating how it’s a closed shop - once you’re in it doesn’t matter what your England or club form is like you’re guaranteed another 30 caps.

Gomez played 12 minutes this year.

Lingard is absolute shite

Delph never plays, 3rd choice

Dier and Rose are spurs bench warmers

Winks has just had an operation. Kane injured.

CL final is a few days before this and yet the squad is full of Lfc and Spurs players??

20 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

To be fair Tottenham have good players and some of them happen to be English. Having said that I don't particularly rate Dier. 

It's a case of they perform well for England rather than their team and get in due to that 

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Alli is genuinely shit for England, it’s frustrating how it’s a closed shop - once you’re in it doesn’t matter what your England or club form is like you’re guaranteed another 30 caps.

Alli hasnt been any use for 2 years.  He used to have the extra yard to pop up in the box.... no more.

The spurs players have a losing mentality. .... southgate should pick players from sides on the up where the players have self belief

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Alli's been nothing special at all for a while now really. I always wondered if he was a bit of a central Thomas Muller - not actually that good but pops up at the right times but wondered if I was being harsh. I'm now more and more thinking this may have just been the case.

If we got offered Alli in a straight swap for Maddison, who'd take it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Alli's been nothing special at all for a while now really. I always wondered if he was a bit of a central Thomas Muller - not actually that good but pops up at the right times but wondered if I was being harsh. I'm now more and more thinking this may have just been the case.

If we got offered Alli in a straight swap for Maddison, who'd take it?

No

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Alli hasnt been any use for 2 years.  He used to have the extra yard to pop up in the box.... no more.

The spurs players have a losing mentality. .... southgate should pick players from sides on the up where the players have self belief

Yeah Spurs would never show belief in a game that was dead and buried to go on and win...

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Maddison has created more chance in the PL than any other English player, surprised he not in the squad.

Must be thinking what do I need to do...

It's brilliant how well his season went and that he acclimatised so quickly.

But you're missing the point that Southgate said he wasn't going to call anyone up from the u21s for the Nations league due to the u21 euros this summer.

As people have said already, a whole tournament with Maddison being one of the main players and an experienced head is probably a lot more beneficial than maybe 2 bit part games with the senior team.