Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

Jean-Kevin Augustin

Recommended Posts

Everton and Leicester express interest in RB Leipzig striker Jean-Kevin Augustin

Augustin was signed by RB Leizpig from Paris Saint-Germain in 2017 Credit: USA TODAY SPORTS

Everton and Leicester City have both made informal inquiries about the RB Leipzig striker Jean-Kevin Augustin. The 21-year-old French forward is expected to cost around 20million euros (£17.5million) if he is sold this summer.

Augustin, a French Under-21 international, joined the German club from Paris Saint-Germain in 2017 on a five-year deal.

The forward was linked to a move to the Premier League in January but it now appears likely he will leave after Leipzig’s German DFB Cup Final against Bayern Munich next Saturday. Everton are in the market for a centre-forward with the expectation that Cenk Tosun, who has struggled to impress since his £27million move from Beskitas in January 2018, will leave and with competition needed for Dominic Calvert-Lewin as manager Marco Silva looks to continue to overhaul his squad. Everton remain keen to sign on-loan midfielder Andre Gomes from Barcelona on a permanent basis.

It appears that Leicester have also expressed an interest in Augustin although, as with Everton, they have not made a formal offer as yet as they continue to assess the transfer market.

Given Augustin’s age and profile and expected fee, which is less than was originally suggested, he would appear an attractive prospect. Augustin does not appear to be central to Leipzig’s plans, having been out of the team, with the club having secured Champions League football next season after an impressive campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we ever actually signed a single player that was linked to Everton and or West Ham? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he has potential. RB Leipzig are another team that are known for developing youth, but perhaps see their current forwards as settled and can't give this player enough time? Or he's just nowhere near as good as they thought he would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the right kind of player we need as can play across the front line. My slight concern is if hassenhutl isn't linked to sign him as he managed him last year and would have thought he would have been all over this if he rated him highly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have we ever actually signed a single player that was linked to Everton and or West Ham? 

James Maddison.

 

Both alleged to have made bids for him last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/11/james-maddison-everton-norwich-opening-offer

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/25/james-maddison-west-ham-united-norwich-city-transfer-news

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy looks like he’s got something (judging from the YouTube video). Looks like he’s got bags of potential. The only problem seems to be him not getting in the Leipzig side? If he’s as good as he looks why isn’t he in it?

 

Edited by ItsLeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t get into the Leipzig side…. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his talents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merge the clubs right now.

Evercester or Leicsterton.

 

Or go one step further......"Evercester Ham have bid for Bloggerton Silva and seemingly face no competition"

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only worry is Leipzig are very very savvy and they're working their way right up the ladder, they're the sort of club I'd like us in for the same player as, not necessarily ones that they've already signed and deemed not good enough.

 

But you never know really, £17.5mil isn't THAT silly for a young striker nowadays if they're any good.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now go look at the Iheanacho YT videos. Sorry Nacho should get another year before we get this guy unless Rodgers and the club think differently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

My only worry is Leipzig are very very savvy and they're working their way right up the ladder, they're the sort of club I'd like us in for the same player as, not necessarily ones that they've already signed and deemed not good enough.

 

But you never know really, £17.5mil isn't THAT silly for a young striker nowadays if they're any good.

 

Only 21 and already deemed surplus by both PSG and Leipzig.

 

Obviously that doesn't make him a bad player but it probably suggests that he's never going to be top drawer. Always be wary of players that top clubs are prepared to let go. On profile alone I'd rather sign a 21 year old who is at a mediocre club and is their star player rather than one rejected b y two good clubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only managed to make 16 league appearances this season and only scored 3 goals, no injuries as well, although I guess it would be because he has Werner to contend with

 

Found this article on him from December, has some discipline issues as well that annoyed a lot of the senior players, would steer clear of him tbh

 

https://bulinews.com/news/1535/report-augustin-is-unpopular-among-his-teammates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Merge the clubs right now.

Evercester or Leicsterton.

 

Or go one step further......"Evercester Ham have bid for Bloggerton Silva and seemingly face no competition"

 

Leverester, The Toffoxes?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Now go look at the Iheanacho YT videos. Sorry Nacho should get another year before we get this guy unless Rodgers and the club think differently.

 

I'm more than happy to go with what BR decides on Iheanacho.

 

Iheanacho has been a disappointment but comes with great pedigree after winning the Golden Ball at the U17 World Cup and when he came to us he was the most prolific striker in PL history by the metric of goals per minute.

 

The evidence so far is that Man City had our pants down but if BR thinks he can get a tune out of him we don't need to bother with another striker to play back up to Vardy this summer.

 

Brendan knows..........................

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

 

I'm more than happy to go with what BR decides on Iheanacho.

 

Iheanacho has been a disappointment but comes with great pedigree after winning the Golden Ball at the U17 World Cup and when he came to us he was the most prolific striker in PL history by the metric of goals per minute.

 

The evidence so far is that Man City had our pants down but if BR thinks he can get a tune out of him we don't need to bother with another striker to play back up to Vardy this summer.

 

Brendan knows..........................

Or its(Brendan's) his ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Have we ever actually signed a single player that was linked to Everton and or West Ham? 

Tony Cottee? Andy Impey? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Can’t get into the Leipzig side…. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his talents?

 

 

i know right! hope we don’t sign anyone who can’t get into a poor Monaco side! can you imagine that! 

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Can’t get into the Leipzig side…. Hardly a ringing endorsement of his talents?

 

You having a laugh? RBL the most upwardly mobile club in Europe, they're like us and Wolves with a head start. They've got a massive focus on youth recruitment that makes them probably the best scouts of buying in young talent in world football currently. Their recruitment from France has been especially good 

 

There's no shame at all in being back up to Timo Werner who is probably one last good season away from being sold to one of Europe's elite clubs for mega, MEGA bucks which they'll gladly do. They're operating under a similar model to Monaco but somewhat less cynical. 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Really difficult to shout his name. Try it. See? I'm not impressed or keen.

You can just shout

 

ohhh hes disgusting :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Only managed to make 16 league appearances this season and only scored 3 goals, no injuries as well, although I guess it would be because he has Werner to contend with

 

Found this article on him from December, has some discipline issues as well that annoyed a lot of the senior players, would steer clear of him tbh

 

https://bulinews.com/news/1535/report-augustin-is-unpopular-among-his-teammates

... not surprised, noticed he was not overly congratulated by his team mates, so obviously appears to be not a well liked team player. Still like to have him in our team as he looks the busines and  likeTielemans, is also not a wanted player in respect of the Monaco, coach and supporters. Go figure!! 

  Perhaps a new environment might be what is needed for him to focus on his game and mature. 

 I really feel we should be looking to bring him here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless West Ham are also interested, I think we should leave it.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Seems the right kind of player we need as can play across the front line. My slight concern is if hassenhutl isn't linked to sign him as he managed him last year and would have thought he would have been all over this if he rated him highly. 

I read somewhere that they are cash strapped, with that type of number being thrown about it would be unrealistic for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...