Jump to content
Koke

Championship - 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Yes said:

Wouldn’t mind someone like Bristol City coming up, be different, saying that not too bothered as long as it’s not the usual Fulham’s and QPR’s.

I don't know why, but I can't stand Bristol City. Zero football heritage and long may that remain.

 

Oddly, I don't mind Bristol Rovers though

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't know why, but I can't stand Bristol City. Zero football heritage and long may that remain.

 

Oddly, I don't mind Bristol Rovers though

Yeah it’s just the thought of someone new,   although I felt the same way when the likes of Brighton came up, eventually they get a bit boring.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't know why, but I can't stand Bristol City. Zero football heritage and long may that remain.

 

Oddly, I don't mind Bristol Rovers though

 

I feel quite sorry for Bristol City. Other clubs their size like Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea, Wigan etc. have had their time in the big time. But Bristol City still bouncing from 3rd tier to 2nd tier. I hope their fans get to experience a stint in the too flight. 

 

Also, 8 top flight seasons in their history for a city that sixe is quite pathetic. With their luck, Coventry and Portsmouth will manage see PL football before them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 00:35, ScouseFox said:

this leeds team is so much better than any team in the championship. and quite a few prem teams an all. 

 

Just because they pass the ball better than most Championship teams doesn't mean shit. Their defence is not very good. A semi decent PL side like Bournemouth would rip Leeds apart. Fulham is another team who look good on the eye and they get slapped around in the PL.

 

Leeds could stay up in the Prem but would be bottom 6.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When the helicopter tragedy happened, Bristol City lit up their stadium blue with our badge projected on the outside to show support.

 

It was a lovely gesture so I went on thier forum to say thanks. Got chatting to some of their supporters and they were absolutely class.

 

I was never that enamoured with Bristol City before, but after that I’ve got big respect for them.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Koke said:

 

Just because they pass the ball better than most Championship teams doesn't mean shit. Their defence is not very good. A semi decent PL side like Bournemouth would rip Leeds apart. Fulham is another team who look good on the eye and they get slapped around in the PL.

 

Leeds could stay up in the Prem but would be bottom 6.

sure they’ve concede the least amount of goals in the country or maybe joint least after the other day? 

 

it’s scoring that they can’t quite manage to get to grips with, but bielsa will eventually play eddie every week and they will win the league comfortably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

sure they’ve concede the least amount of goals in the country or maybe joint least after the other day? 

 

it’s scoring that they can’t quite manage to get to grips with, but bielsa will eventually play eddie every week and they will win the league comfortably. 

 

I know you’ve got a soft spot for Leeds but the amount of times I’ve heard that is laughable. 

 

Bielsa has turned them into a decent Championship side but the intensity he plays at is their biggest downfall.

 

They were scraping games early/mid season last year and the wheels completely fell off as fatigue and injuries kicked in later on in the season. 

 

He does need to play Eddie, everyone’s crying out for it around here. The lads clearly the best striker they have. 

 

The squad (man for man) is fairly average but the manager is a cut above. They’d get relegated in my opinion with these lot, no doubt Bielsa would bring in some better players if they did go up though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is though despite all the hype that in reality Leeds will never go up - the same as Forest and probably Derby too. All bottle job clubs.

 

I fully expect West Brom to go up, a side that are always there or thereabouts in the 2nd tier, and 2 other unfancied sides like possibly Swansea and QPR to join them.

 

But one thing is for sure, Leeds and Forest will not go up even if they finish 3rd on goal difference and you can probably say the same for Sheff Weds too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The thing is though despite all the hype that in reality Leeds will never go up - the same as Forest and probably Derby too. All bottle job clubs.

 

Have Forest ever actually *bottled* anything? They've barely even had a sniff of the play-offs for the best part of a decade. Derby, Leeds, fair enough. But you need to be in a position of strength to bottle, surely?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Langston said:

 

Have Forest ever actually *bottled* anything? They've barely even had a sniff of the play-offs for the best part of a decade. Derby, Leeds, fair enough. But you need to be in a position of strength to bottle, surely?

Haha you could say they bottle being in a possible position to bottle!

 

they always seem to hire a manager who looks good on paper, be top of the league after a month, declare they are favourites, get cocky and by the end of October are back in mid table again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is mental how long the likes of Forest and Leeds have been out the top flight, Forest 20 years out, Leeds 17 I think, for context we’ve never gone more than something like 12 seasons out.

 

To have so rarely challenged as well is poor, Leeds obviously looking more and more likely to go up but Forest seem to be stuck in a loop.

Edited by Yes
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yes said:

It is mental how long the likes of Forest and Leeds have been out the top flight, Forest 20 years out, Leeds 17 I think, for context we’ve never gone more than something like 12 seasons out.

 

 

Our longest spell since 1925 is 10 years (2004-2014). Our history of being a yo-yo club means we aren't usually out for a generation, would be nice to have a lengthy spell in the top flight from here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Corky said:

Our longest spell since 1925 is 10 years (2004-2014). Our history of being a yo-yo club means we aren't usually out for a generation, would be nice to have a lengthy spell in the top flight from here.

It’s difficult to say how long you can realistically last these days, you’d think we’d be comfortable for some time but you only have to look at Southampton to see how easy it is to be at risk of going down again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Corky said:

Our longest spell since 1925 is 10 years (2004-2014). Our history of being a yo-yo club means we aren't usually out for a generation, would be nice to have a lengthy spell in the top flight from

 

Next season will be our 7th season. We will make it to 10 unless something drastic occurs. 

 

Crystal Palace who are forever a bottom 8 club are currently in their 7th season. Southampton in their 8th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Koke said:

 

Next season will be our 7th season. We will make it to 10 unless something drastic occurs. 

 

Crystal Palace who are forever a bottom 8 club are currently in their 7th season. Southampton in their 8th. 

Thing is though, it really only takes a couple of poor decisions or unfortunate circumstances to drop you right down - see Southampton for how quickly it can turn. See Stoke too, they looked destined for mid-table forever at 1 point, and going further back how about Blackburn or Fulham?

 

And the likes of Palace are used to being shit and scrapping it out at the bottom, and battle hardened to it - it would be a culture shock for us as things stand and not sure how well we would deal with a relegation fight one season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2019 at 15:12, Langston said:

 

Have Forest ever actually *bottled* anything? They've barely even had a sniff of the play-offs for the best part of a decade. Derby, Leeds, fair enough. But you need to be in a position of strength to bottle, surely?

Last time I remember them bottling it was at home to Yeovil in the league 1 play off my word that was hilarious

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2019 at 15:12, Langston said:

 

Have Forest ever actually *bottled* anything? They've barely even had a sniff of the play-offs for the best part of a decade. Derby, Leeds, fair enough. But you need to be in a position of strength to bottle, surely?

It's actually mad when you think the last time they were in the playoffs was under Billy Davies, with Earnshaw and that lark up top. I mean he got sacked for that and they've spent **** tonnes recently and still end up finishing like 12th

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...