Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Thailand were a joke last night, the gap in skill between teams in the womens game is insane, all usa had to do was know how to play football. i dread to think how bad the teams thailand beat to get there were. literally anyone could have done better in goal, for all the 13 goals, maybe 2 were any good. i did enjoy the game though, we all like goals and that was fun to watch. Rapinoe stood out for me but the entire team looks good, sweden game will be interesting

The 12th, by Morgan is a great finish. Takes a touch and then places it between two defenders into the top corner. Keepers unsighted. Even the best mens keeper won't get near that.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The 12th, by Morgan is a great finish. Takes a touch and then places it between two defenders into the top corner. Keepers unsighted. Even the best mens keeper won't get near that.

yeah she was on fire, the turn and shot also a few goals before that. there were so many i dont what number it was but it was tidy. as was the finish for the 13th

11 minutes ago, Beliall said:

yeah she was on fire, the turn and shot also a few goals before that. there were so many i dont what number it was but it was tidy. as was the finish for the 13th

Actually might have been the 11th I was thinking of. Think the 12th was the sub going round the keeper.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Actually might have been the 11th I was thinking of. Think the 12th was the sub going round the keeper.

i know the oone you mean, lifted shot top left between the defender, the one im thinking of is the turn and left footed shot across goal took it past 2 defenders

EDIT, its goal number 8, and its right footed lol

https://youtu.be/NVhPJWHIZZc?t=156

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just watched the USA-Thailand highlights and I know the Thai team aren't pros and I know it's a bit of a meme with women's football but surely they can find someone better in goal?  She doesn't seem to have any kind of basic goalkeeping skills at all:  Slow reactions, soft wrists, hardly any horizontal movement on the rare occasion that she dives... I'm not sure I've ever seen a worse display in a 'professional' setting.

Alright Hope Solo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Alright Hope Solo.

So the Beeb hired Hope -- a nice turnaround, given how US networks want long-retired Brits on their studio teams.  She's not known for her cuddly charisma though.  How is she doing?

here is my favorite pic of Ms Solo.  Not only for her impressive arms and shoulders, but because Sepp isn't looking at her delts.

1400661299_HopeSepp.JPG.f93f9abe625850ba55307452cf41d8db.JPG

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Facecloth said:

The thing is, once you have that confidence that you gain during a match where you notice that the opposition is no match plays a major part in being able to pull off such a move.

The difference in skill made it all possible.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The thing is, once you have that confidence that you gain during a match where you notice that the opposition is no match plays a major part in being able to pull off such a move.

The difference in skill made it all possible.

A difference in skill is what makes all good goals possible

• Like 1

2 Questions

So why have Brazil Women got a load of Stars above their badge when they've never won the Women's World Cup?

Why are the commentators comparing the goal scoring exploits of women players with the men like Miroslav Klose with 16 WC goals.

Surely the 2 sports and their relative achievements should stand alone.

Just a thought.

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

2 Questions

So why have Brazil Women got a load of Stars above their badge when they've never won the Women's World Cup?

Why are the commentators comparing the goal scoring exploits of women players with the men like Miroslav Klose with 16 WC goals.

Just a thought.

It's not 2 different sports chief.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I didn’t say it was I was referring to their respective achievements.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

2 Questions

Just a thought.

56 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

1 - Most women's kits are basically a female version of the mens kit.

2 - It is pretty irrelevant comparing caps/goals between male and female players. Nobody compares Serena Williams' grand slams to Roger Federer's so I dont get why the same logic would apply between the men and womens world cups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

1 - Most women's kits are basically a female version of the mens kit.

2 - It is pretty irrelevant comparing caps/goals between male and female players. Nobody compares Serena Williams' grand slams to Roger Federer's so I dont get why the same logic would apply between the men and womens world cups. 

1. I understand that but they shouldn’t have the stars on, what happens if the England’s Women win the World Cup will the men and women have 2 stars on the shirt?

2.  Agree that’s why I queried it.

Dont misunderstand me I quite enjoy watching the games but this blurring of them is annoying.