Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

Something more amusing..

More to do with the BBC reported friendlies.....I have travelled all corners of the World and some.

But it's amazing how many it seems I have missed....Where does FiFA find them....I have had to redesign my bucket

List...after 60yrs...now I will have to pay

For another...& Renewal of a passport..

and strange Visa charges...Tin..Tin gets his suitcase out of a dusty  cupboard..

Based on repeated requests from absolutely no one, here is the first cut of the KingsX Womens World Cup rankings.

I use the Jaundiced Eyeball Rating Coefficient - Out of Focus Formula (JERC-OFF).  This requires the analyst to squint until their eyes start to lose focus, ignore the ponytails, and note: in a good passage of play, how long is it taking you to be sure you are not watching good male players?  With this, the sides can be placed into quality tiers.

Tier IV:  Less than 5 seconds

Argentina

South Africa

South Korea

Tier III:  5 to 10 seconds

Cameroon

Chile *

China

England **

Japan

New Zealand

Tier II:  10 to 20 seconds

Oz

Canada

Germany

Netherlands

Spain

Tier I:  These can ****ing play

France

USA

and with some regret …

Tier V:  Ladies, this is called a "ball"

Thailand

* promoted a tier for their GK, Endler.  What an individual performance v the USA :wub:.  She’s on another level to the other keepers, who mostly struggle to cover their line, much less the box.

** sorry, all I’ve seen is the Argentina match.  Probably between tiers II and III TBF, but … is that all ya got?

I do enjoy the top-level womens game on its own terms, and usually find the tier I and II sides a good watch.  That said, I’m not going to hold my life to catch Italy v Jamaica -- so if “anybody’s arsed”, fill in the gaps.  For something more serious, fivethirtyeight have now rated the womens sides.  https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-womens-world-cup-predictions