Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But harsh to penalise the goalkeeper and order a retake. She was barely off her line. You see keepers much further off their line that get away with it.

Likes of Pickford and co will have a big problem if the officials are going to be the same in terms of being really strict next season on that!

• Like 1

On 17/06/2019 at 21:49, Super_horns said:

Likes of Pickford and co will have a big problem if the officials are going to be the same in terms of being really strict next season on that!

I hope they are. The refs are given the rules, enforce them. It's not hard, players will adapt to actually having to adhere to the rules. If they could book people for blatent yellows as well rather than warning them if it's the first half then that would be great as well.

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nice goal by White.

Jonathan Pearce is a really bad commentator.

just wish he would summon up some enthusiasm. its like being on moggadon. he is not doing the cause of womens football any favours

Good first half. More enjoyable than the U21 last night.

I like that the ref is in charge, doesn't allow talking back or cheating in anyway. I like that the women don't fall to the floor and the game keeps going. I hope that the players maintain the respect for the officials in the world game.

Some good chances and saves by both goalies. Hope the second half is as good.

Agree. one of the things that has impressed me in this competition is the respect for the officials, no rolling around trying to get players booked or sent off and no dissent or crowding around the ref (Chelsea could take lessons from this). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Agree. one of the things that has impressed me in this competition is the respect for the officials, no rolling around trying to get players booked or sent off and no dissent or crowding around the ref (Chelsea could take lessons from this). 

This.

In fact, the entire professional mens game could take lessons. It's been very refreshing to see matches played in the right spirit and its a credit to the women's game.

• Like 1