Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Women's World Cup 2019

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Does any sporting world cup have enough top competitive nations/teams/players to not have any one-sided matches?

Enjoy it has it is..The ladies game will go up & down. 

A few years ago with Germany ,USA & Brazil,the game reached unexpected hights...& Great shirt-swapping...

The men's game has also had its poor-dragging -boring  seasons...and eras!!

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Lovely goal by Henry (and she's quite fit - am I allowed to say that?)

lol

Seriously though, of course you are. I've heard it asked a few a times regarding the womens game (so I thought I'd answer it properly), like it shameful to make them objects of desire. Women and gay men (and some straight lol) lust over Beckam or Ronaldo, so obviously theres nothing wrong with us saying we find one of female stars attractive. 

A lot of them are lesbians though, so you're barking up the wrong tree Izzy lol

• Haha 1

Izzy’s still bitchin’, but he’s watching the whole match lol   And why not … France are bloody good.

It’s easy to handicap the WWC in the first round of group games … just ignore the ponytails and count how long it takes to figure out they aren’t excellent male players.  Most teams, a few seconds.  But France, a while longer.  Add in the home advantage, and they have to be the favorites.  In the bits and pieces of US womens friendlies I’ve seen lately, ours just don’t show the same degree of athleticism and skill.  I’m genuinely impressed.

NTM Corinne Diacre is not shabby (if you’re my age).

• Like 1

Let's remember who the England manager is-

'Result makes it even harder for Leicester'

Sevilla 2-1 Leicester

25cc6ffe-c147-480f-88b3-a4f758332099.jpg

Phil Neville

Former Manchester United defender on Radio 5live

You saw the difference in class and ability between the two sides. Leicester have made it even harder for themselves with this result. Fans were expecting to lose 4-0 and now they're almost dreaming of getting to the quarter-finals and that's how much this result means to them. Sevilla played the second half in second gear and Leicester still have to face one of the best teams in La Liga.

• Haha 1

Just now, KingsX said:

Izzy’s still bitchin’, but he’s watching the whole match lol   And why not … France are bloody good.

It’s easy to handicap the WWC in the first round of group games … just ignore the ponytails and count how long it takes to figure out they aren’t excellent male players.  Most teams, a few seconds.  But France, a while longer.  Add in the home advantage, and they have to be the favorites.  In the bits and pieces of US womens friendlies I’ve seen lately, ours just don’t show the same degree of athleticism and skill.  I’m genuinely impressed.

NTM Corinne Diacre is not shabby (if you’re my age).

lol

Quite proud of myself actually for watching a whole 90 mins of women's football for the first time in my life. That's another one off the bucket list :thumbup:

My expert lol analysis is this (and I'm trying desperately hard not to be patronizing!)

+'s

France have three of four pretty decent players. I was impressed with their technical ability and surprised at their skill level

France scored a couple of good goals. Well worked, good passing, good finishing. Again, pleasantly surprised 

Good crowd, looked like they had fun

Game played in good spirits. No play acting or trying to con the ref (mens game could learn a thing or two here)

-'s

South Korea were awful. A total mis match but I guess that also happens in the mens game

I found the whole pace of play a bit slow and laborious which was tough to watch at times

Too many mis placed passes and moves breaking down. Got into lots of good areas then a mistake happened

Jonathan Pearce is a bell end

Will probably watch the England games if I'm not doing anything else tbh

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Quite proud of myself actually for watching a whole 90 mins of women's football for the first time in my life. That's another one off the bucket list :thumbup:

My expert lol analysis is this (and I'm trying desperately hard not to be patronizing!)

+'s

France have three of four pretty decent players. I was impressed with their technical ability and surprised at their skill level

France scored a couple of good goals. Well worked, good passing, good finishing. Again, pleasantly surprised 

Good crowd, looked like they had fun

Game played in good spirits. No play acting or trying to con the ref (mens game could learn a thing or two here)

-'s

South Korea were awful. A total mis match but I guess that also happens in the mens game

I found the whole pace of play a bit slow and laborious which was tough to watch at times

Too many mis placed passes and moves breaking down. Got into lots of good areas then a mistake happened

Jonathan Pearce is a bell end

Will probably watch the England games if I'm not doing anything else tbh

pretty fair and balanced, I’d say … especially the point about the absence of diving and play-acting …

but do you agree with me about Corinne?  :)

p.s.  sorry about Jonathan Pearce … but at least you didn’t have to watch Rob Stone (Fox Sports) say “once again, we bring you the biggest sports event in the world!”  :nigel:

Almost enough to send me over to join the sexists skeptics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

This is hilarious, it's like watching a kids school match. Quite entertaining if you're not looking for any kind of quality

Harsh but fair sadly. I would compare it to watching your mates play Northern Ireland v Wales in Pro Evo 3

Just now, Nalis said:

Harsh but fair sadly. I would compare it to watching your mates play Northern Ireland v Wales in Pro Evo 3

Hahha. I quite enjoy it to be fair, I'm past expecting any kind of quality. It's best aspect is the pure unpredictability. Even the safest of situations can instantly turn into danger. A bit like watching Stones and Maguire defend I suppose haha

Even Wilf would like like Iniesta in this game.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Dont want to be too harsh as its a growing sport but the quality is quite poor so far from these two. Arent Germany and China supposed to be two of the better teams and all?

Germany are ranked 2nd behind the US.

I think China is top 10.

Just now, spacemunky said:

How did China not score there? lol

Ha yeah, it was a well worked move and a decent effort but very slow reactions from the players when it went off the post.

Also, never a yellow. Whats 'the referee's a willy puller' in Mandarin?