Jump to content
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 I’m enjoying 👀

Yeah it's not been too bad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Went down to AFC Hinckley yesterday, have to say quality was a lot better than expected. Great set up they have

Be nice when they return to Hinckley though, that Greene King Stadium was a fantastic little ground they had know owned by Leicester Road. 

 

Went to Notts County yesterday watched them hammer Eastleigh 4-0! good game tbf. Quite sad at final whistle... thinking this could be last football match we see in a while... lets hope the non league fixtures still contuine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Went down to AFC Hinckley yesterday, have to say quality was a lot better than expected. Great set up they have

Sad history for Hinckley.  Lost out on a possible Conference place due to a last minute penalty.  Getting large crowds (2,000) in a new stadium....then it all went downhill.

 

Now they find themselves 4 divisions lower playing in front of 100 or so.  The other Hincley split  into Leicester Road FC who play in the old stadium that holds over 4000 also get about 100 per game.

 

Strangely Hinckley AFC play in Ibstock on.. Leicester road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Sad history for Hinckley.  Lost out on a possible Conference place due to a last minute penalty.  Getting large crowds (2,000) in a new stadium....then it all went downhill.

 

Now they find themselves 4 divisions lower playing in front of 100 or so.  The other Hincley split  into Leicester Road FC who play in the old stadium that holds over 4000 also get about 100 per game.

 

Strangely Hinckley AFC play in Ibstock on.. Leicester road.

Yeah they have an unfortunate recent history to say the least. And a messy separation to for AFC and Leicester Road doesn't cover half of what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Sad history for Hinckley.  Lost out on a possible Conference place due to a last minute penalty.  Getting large crowds (2,000) in a new stadium....then it all went downhill.

 

Now they find themselves 4 divisions lower playing in front of 100 or so.  The other Hincley split  into Leicester Road FC who play in the old stadium that holds over 4000 also get about 100 per game.

 

Strangely Hinckley AFC play in Ibstock on.. Leicester road.

I remember play off final they had against Farsley Celtic they should have gone up they a good squad that season, they 3-1 up with ten minutes to go and ended up losing 3-4! Things really started to go downhill from summer onwards they lost a lot of players and they started to tumble down the league table as the years went on along with attendances. Such a shame really a good town for football that should be playing higher up.  It's pity they never made much money from the Andre Gray deal considering where he is now.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I think even if Hinckley did win that playoff final - the ownership wrangle on the stadium would have caused an issue later down the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

So now it looks like all the non league football is also suspended.

Fancy a kickabout round a local park? We can stream it. Me in my city top, you in your jail...i mean county  top. Think we can make a few dollars on this. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Fancy a kickabout round a local park? We can stream it. Me in my city top, you in your jail...i mean county  top. Think we can make a few dollars on this. 

Join OZbet now for a free $10 bet on this game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Join OZbet now for a free $10 bet on this game.

 

If you can get decent odds on one of us throwing up before the half, take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that important, but I dreamt last night that I was at a Notts match with my dad(he passed away 9 years ago).

 

To say it was a soggy pitch would be a huge understatement. After one of our goals(I think it was Shola Ameobi) he swam back to the centre circle.

 

Lost 2-5 to someone.

 

Yes, I miss football.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United Counties League, Northern Counties East League, Midland League etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understandable a bit more at non-league as clubs can't always have their pitches from May onwards and similarly they need to reduce the overhead costs of contracts as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see where they go with this - null and void or points per game discussed, no mention on promotions / relegations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't seem fair on the likes of South Shields (12 points clear) wheras Bradford Park Avenue (12 points adrift at the bottom of the NLN and have been down since last year) get to retain their place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not fair at all.

 

Every league should be complete, even if that means cancelling next season.

 

You can't rip it up half way through. The whole point of a league is to determine the best and worse sides.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel sorry for clubs like Harrogate and Barrow, both waited a long time to get into the football league to have it suddenly taken away from them. I notice once again the fans never get there say on these decisions... the people who spend alot of money on attending these games.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I feel sorry for clubs like Harrogate and Barrow, both waited a long time to get into the football league to have it suddenly taken away from them. I notice once again the fans never get there say on these decisions... the people who spend alot of money on attending these games.

No decision on National League yet, it's the leagues below that have ended the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not fair at all.

 

Every league should be complete, even if that means cancelling next season.

 

You can't rip it up half way through. The whole point of a league is to determine the best and worse sides.

 

And within hours South Shields are already talking about legal action over an "appalling" decision".

 

Something that will only  intensify the higher up you go with clubs losing revenues/promotion etc of all the leagues are cancelled.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

 

And within hours South Shields are already talking about legal action over an "appalling" decision".

 

Something that will only  intensify the higher up you go with clubs losing revenues/promotion etc of all the leagues are cancelled.  

Definitely. We've already got clubs asking for their players to take a defer from salaries, I know Leeds players have agreed to it. Trouble with all the money in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredibly unfair and downright disrespectful decision. It's such a rash thing to do when we need to just be patient and see how things pan out with this. What is the point in cancelling a season when we don't even know if we'll have a next season?

 

At the moment it's quite likely football won't be able to resume until September and that's if we get things correct.

 

The way people behave in this stupid country I'll be amazed if we get it sorted anytime soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...