Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BWRL

Data breach

Recommended Posts

If anybody had the email about the security breach from lcfc store about their card details being stolen, my card details were attempted to be used yesterday and today and thankfully my bank blocked the transactions...so keep an eye out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad things were stopped, but didn't you contact your bank or cancel your card the minute that news came out originally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Glad things were stopped, but didn't you contact your bank or cancel your card the minute that news came out originally?

He might not have checked his emails or bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luckily by pure coincidence I had just ordered a new personalised card from Barclays day before I ordered from Lcfc shop. 

 

I got an email about it but I think no website or social media post (that I saw anyway) was made by the club and I think that's shocking.

 

The email I got was sent to an old email and not even one I use for the Lcfc website. Off the pitch the club at times is a shambles. There is still people who wouldn't even know about this breach now. 

 

My brother didn't get any email at all but his bank contacted him about some dodgy payments too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just called my bank and they didn’t seem at all concerned by this. Cancelled card but no checks to see if I agreed all recent transactions were mine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Paddy_D said:

Know nothing about this so hoping that means I wasn't affected. What  did the email say?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BWRL said:

If anybody had the email about the security breach from lcfc store about their card details being stolen, my card details were attempted to be used yesterday and today and thankfully my bank blocked the transactions...so keep an eye out! 

Am I being dumb but In the second email sent out it said card numbers had been stolen but the ccv number hasn’t been compromised so how are they using the card 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paddy_D said:

Know nothing about this so hoping that means I wasn't affected. What  did the email say?

It was between 23 April - 4 May, anything purchased via online store I think 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I being dumb but In the second email sent out it said card numbers had been stolen but the ccv number hasn’t been compromised so how are they using the card 

 

It says CCV was, just not the securecode..pretty sure I’m not normally asked for that anyway? 

 

Surely a a free shirt is due as a a result of the ballache caused! I can hope...

C38B5121-0DF2-4864-B36C-F6494D53FFAC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Glad things were stopped, but didn't you contact your bank or cancel your card the minute that news came out originally?

Hadn’t seen the 2nd email but yes in hindsight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Am I being dumb but In the second email sent out it said card numbers had been stolen but the ccv number hasn’t been compromised so how are they using the card 

 

It said that the CVV number had been.

 

Someone tried to purchase some stuff on my card last Friday on the back of this but luckily Nationwide picked it up.

 

I emailed the club asking for full details of exactly what data of mine had been compromised, but I'm still waiting for a reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BWRL said:

It says CCV was, just not the securecode..pretty sure I’m not normally asked for that anyway? 

 

Surely a a free shirt is due as a a result of the ballache caused! I can hope...

C38B5121-0DF2-4864-B36C-F6494D53FFAC.jpeg

Ah so I misread it then I was looking for it to read again but couldn’t find it 

what’s the secure code then as they say that is needed to conduct transactions 

 

certainly is a ball ache as I only spent 40p on my card with them in that period of time as i was spending my foxes rewards at the time 

Edited by jammie82uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BWRL said:

Hadn’t seen the 2nd email but yes in hindsight! 

Least if there is another time this type of thing happens you know what to do, but glad nothing was taken. 

Had a similar situation a few months back and the bank were brilliant with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Least if there is another time this type of thing happens you know what to do, but glad nothing was taken. 

Had a similar situation a few months back and the bank were brilliant with me.

Banks get a lot of stick but they are very good when it comes down to fraud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody from an undisclosed football club  tried to buy iheanacho from LCFC with my card details for £100 , but luckily my bank saw this was fraud and stopped it as they deemed it about £95 too much 

Edited by broughtonblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Banks get a lot of stick but they are very good when it comes down to fraud.

Someone used mine a few months back, rang the bank the morning I found out and within 15/20 mins I'd had my card cancelled, a new one being sent out and an investigation set off. They were brilliant tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Banks get a lot of stick but they are very good when it comes down to fraud.

Yeah I have just rang my card provider, literally took 4 minutes to sort it, 3 mins to get though the automated system and 60 secs to cancel card with new one being sent out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...