2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

How the hell do they know it's a six week job and needs an operation already? They already been down the hospital for a scan, or was this something they already knew about?

Maybe they've seen the injury before? There was an hour between him going off and Rodgers interview.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How the hell do they know it's a six week job and needs an operation already? They already been down the hospital for a scan, or was this something they already knew about?

There’s no way they can know that yet surely. Good news if so though I was thinking it could be another serious one.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Sounds like it’s been hinted they knew he was a risk and has been carrying something for a few weeks. To admit that publicly is outrageous and makes me think what the **** are they playing at?

1 minute ago, Manini said:

Sounds like it’s been hinted they knew he was a risk and has been carrying something for a few weeks. To admit that publicly is outrageous and makes me think what the **** are they playing at?

Not really. Every player plays with niggles, every time they play it's a risk. 

• Like 1
Just now, UniFox21 said:

Not really. Every player plays with niggles, every time they play it's a risk. 

I fully understand that and obviously agree to a certain extent, but they’ve been very quick to decide what needs to be done here. It makes me think that they had a feeling that he might need treatment anyway but they’ve pressed on to see how it went - and given the current injury situation at the club I think I would be taking a less risk averse strategy. Like I say, speculation and I’m just annoyed it’s happened. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I fully understand that and obviously agree to a certain extent, but they’ve been very quick to decide what needs to be done here. It makes me think that they had a feeling that he might need treatment anyway but they’ve pressed on to see how it went - and given the current injury situation at the club I think I would be taking a less risk averse strategy. Like I say, speculation and I’m just annoyed it’s happened. 

Annoyed as well mate, I agree with you that if he was a risk you'd start on the bench and bring in later on. It's a gamble that we've lost.

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Take 6th and end the season now. 

No chance. All still very much to play for.

I sincerely hope the players are not as defeatist (though I do worry that they might be after what happened last season).

• Thanks 1

no idea what injury that is a "bone has come off"

"A bone in the knee has come off. He’d had niggles with it. He had a clash of knees in the game a few weeks ago so it has been irritable. Then there was a challenge on it today that made it worse.

“It’s a bad one for him and a blow for us.”"

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harvey-barnes-jonny-evans-jamie-5055647

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Maybe they've seen the injury before? There was an hour between him going off and Rodgers interview.

According to Rodgers in the post match interview it was an existing injury from knock he took in a game a few weeks ago

If a bit of his knee cap has chipped off then it will be just a case of removing it it so a small surgery. If that's all it is he is almost lucky as floating bone in the knee is so dangerous around the tendons / ligaments. 

Strange injury that though as there was no impact and didn't even look like it gave way.

Might just about have him Praet and hopefully Maddison back by mid April then....