I criticised Rodgers for not starting him on Thursday. Just shows how little us fans know about what is going on behind the scenes.

I had already accepted it was another ACL, so although gutted we lose him for 6weeks+, I am very relieved it wasn't a lot worse. 

Can't replace him, so Rodgers has to figure out a different way of playing, with who he has available. 

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am sure Rodgers said that it was something they were aware of!!!

Exactly. They knew the risk of playing him and I guess it took another direct hit and now a small op to remove the bone fragment is required. Gutted for him but wow what a season he has had 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Exactly. They knew the risk of playing him and I guess it took another direct hit and now a small op to remove the bone fragment is required. Gutted for him but wow what a season he has had 

...massive risk to take with a players career!!!

I just hope the situation was explained to him and options given to him prior to this. He has been outstanding and I believe he now believes himself that he is now the go to player in the team.

Hands down one of the worst injury situations in the league! Saying that Newcastle have had it pretty bad as have burnley and I’m sure many other teams. You only hear media reports more on Liverpool or man city because their managers moan about it. The rest of us just get back up, dust off and go again.

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The injury situation seems one of the worst since I started supporting the club.

Wonder what Dave Rennie thinks about it..

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The injury situation seems one of the worst since I started supporting the club.

Short (non existent) pre-season, compressed season if I had to guess, but as to why we are worst hit than most? Not sure about that. Just bad luck? Not interested in pointless conspiracy theories about Dave Rennie either lol

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what he is saying is...!!!

See, it wasn't all my fault, the decisions the manager took despite my reservations are as much a factor,  the pandemic doesn't help. 

You can make someone words meet any narrative if you try hard enough.  

• Like 3

Unfortunately with him and Maddison out it is unlikely we will get top 4 as they were both contributing greatly. Unless Vardy gets some form out of nowhere or Under steps up we are in trouble.... 

7 minutes ago, SHANE_ said:

Unfortunately with him and Maddison out it is unlikely we will get top 4 as they were both contributing greatly. Unless Vardy gets some form out of nowhere or Under steps up we are in trouble.... 

This is the big worry. I think if we can scrape through the next few games to the international break, things could start to look a lot better. We could have the majority of currently injured players back after that, and Barnes might not be too far off, either. Luckily, the next few are amongst the most winnable. I'm not giving up hope yet.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SHANE_ said:

Yeah, Maddison and Barnes scored or assisted the majority of our goals in 2021. Need Ünder, Vardy and Albrighton to really step up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

obviously we do not know what happened on inside

but on outside, way dave rennie was treated seems mad. Our injury crisis last season was implied to be in part due to him, and since then our squad have broken down. Also feel the narrative at end of last year was so false about our injury crisis, we were up there for best records for muscular injuries(think saw in Athletic). Bloke also ensured our starting xi played nearly all played 38 games of highest intensity football in club's history in 2016 (our injury record that year was phenomenal) 

• Like 3

Dave's PhD was on the effects of pitch conditions on injury risk. Hasn't there been a comment about our pitch being soft and needing fixing recently? And pretty much all of our bad injuries have come at the KP... :unsure:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I hope I'm wrong, I cant see the pair of them scoring 5 between them :cry:

Which add in we haven't had a single goal from a centre half this season and its quite bleak. In fact set pieces full stop we are toothless at attacking and defending. 

If Maddison is back in a few weeks though, there's still hope. We've only 4 games this month, 3 in the league that are all winnable without needing to be exceptional. We will have to somehow find a way to scrap for goals and get back to defending resolutely like we had up to last week. 

Ndidi has looked very off the pace since that herculean performance vs Liverpool. Of he and Vardy can do what they're capable of and Ricardo and Castagne also show their true quality then we still have some real class with Tielemans pulling the strings but there's so little margin for error now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Which add in we haven't had a single goal from a centre half this season and its quite bleak. In fact set pieces full stop we are toothless at attacking and defending. 

If Maddison is back in a few weeks though, there's still hope. We've only 4 games this month, 3 in the league that are all winnable without needing to be exceptional. We will have to somehow find a way to scrap for goals and get back to defending resolutely like we had up to last week. 

Ndidi has looked very off the pace since that herculean performance vs Liverpool. Of he and Vardy can do what they're capable of and Ricardo and Castagne also show their true quality then we still have some real class with Tielemans pulling the strings but there's so little margin for error now.

This is why going out of the EL is a blessing. We simply could not sustain the games. With a fully fit squad maybe, but only maybe. As it stands we’re going to have to fight like hell to achieve CL qualification, but I think we can. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This is why going out of the EL is a blessing. We simply could not sustain the games. With a fully fit squad maybe, but only maybe. As it stands we’re going to have to fight like hell to achieve CL qualification, but I think we can. 

Yeah I am sure people will be very reasonable when we do not field a strong team in the FA cup...