Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 06/12/2019 at 12:22, Tom12345 said:

I really wonder if it is Chilwell here ... Chilwell seems to always want to boss Barnes around ... it is just so much different to how he treats other players especially his mate Maddison ... I have no idea ...

 

I wonder if he would do better if he can try to play on the right wing

I've noticed that too. Chilwell does like to have a rant at Barnes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I've noticed that too. Chilwell does like to have a rant at Barnes. 

 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

I'd like to see Barnes really assert himself on Chilwell to be honest. Chilwell is always slow to release him, often doesn't quite link up well with Barnes. 

 

For me there are times Chilwell needs to remember Barnes is twice the attacker he is, he's the full back for a reason. 

Yeah, I agree.  It is not easy when you are just coming into the first team as a 21 year old - you need support from the manager and fellow players. 

 

I guess this may also have something to do with Barnes' personality though.  After he misses, he often looks so disappointed at himself.  Normally a player does but his facial expression does look over the top.  I wonder if he can be too self-critical, and he may let criticism from teammates affect him more than it should?  Maybe there is a bit of history we do not know - Chilwell and Barnes played with each other a lot in the youth academy.  Having said that, I have noticed a tendency for Chilwell to blame others since he first came into the first team a few years ago - he would often blame others for his own defensive errors - this is why I have particularly been sensitive about this.

 

But I agree Finnegan, Barnes should assert himself more.  Hopefully he gets the confidence he needs from the manager to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Purely from the outside looking in, Barnes seems to be a bit of an outsider compared to the other young guys. 

 

There's a real little clique with Maddison, Gray and Chilwell although it is funny that Chilwell seemed to drop his BFF Demarai for a better player lol

 

It'd be interesting to hear the thoughts of someone that knows the inner workings of the squad. Barnes seems a bit more introverted. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

I'd like to see Barnes really assert himself on Chilwell to be honest. Chilwell is always slow to release him, often doesn't quite link up well with Barnes. 

 

For me there are times Chilwell needs to remember Barnes is twice the attacker he is, he's the full back for a reason. 

Can't believe Rodgers doesn't see this happening. Wonder if he's letting Barnes deal with this situation on his own in order to learn to stand up for himself.

Remember Rodgers talking about Barnes confidence. May have been alluding to more than just attacking aggression.

Politics of the workplace at LCFC. Happy Times.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

just watching MOTD cos i missed the game today. even off the bench he had an xG of about 1.4 and didn’t score. so upsetting. 

He’s trying too hard. But look at it another way, he keeps getting into the right positions and we are still cleaning up without his goals. Iheanacho looked poor for two years but now looks electric. For me if he keeps getting into the right positions those goals will come. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2019 at 23:06, SO1 said:

Can't believe Rodgers doesn't see this happening. Wonder if he's letting Barnes deal with this situation on his own in order to learn to stand up for himself.

Remember Rodgers talking about Barnes confidence. May have been alluding to more than just attacking aggression.

Politics of the workplace at LCFC. Happy Times.

Bren’s been concentrating on Ian from what someone posted on here via a groundsman. Makes sense: Ian is key to Bren’s beloved 442 diamond. (You can also see why we were so keen on signing Praet in the summer) If Bren can turn Gray and Ian into match winners surely we’ll see the return of Barnes scoring habit.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Bren’s been concentrating on Ian from what someone posted on here via a groundsman. Makes sense: Ian is key to Bren’s beloved 442 diamond. (You can also see why we were so keen on signing Praet in the summer) If Bren can turn Gray and Ian into match winners surely we’ll see the return of Barnes scoring habit.

Because that brings Barnes back into the middle of the pitch. Just like the West Brom videos where he creates absolute mayhem/goals.

Your a Genius ! :scarf: I was just reading Striders tactical thread on the Diamond and its all coming together in my head like a perfect crystalline structure!

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’s trying too hard. But look at it another way, he keeps getting into the right positions and we are still cleaning up without his goals. Iheanacho looked poor for two years but now looks electric. For me if he keeps getting into the right positions those goals will come. 

Yeah he is panicking.

 

It was great for Rodgers to bring him on with the 3 goal cushion, so less pressure on him, but he still skied it at short range sadly.  He is great at boosting our xG though that's for sure. ;)

 

Rodgers changed things round today, we scored earlier had a cushion, was very clinical which is what we need to be.  it was good.   Rodgers demands the best I dont think he would have been happy how in recent games before villa we had so many chances and had to scrape through the games.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very soap opera-y and purely speculative but I've always read the Barnes/Chilwell lack of chemistry stemming from some off the pitch drama (maybe related to a girl?). Gotta remember these guys grew up together and have played with one another for near a decade - that's plenty of time for history. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, knitro said:

This is very soap opera-y and purely speculative but I've always read the Barnes/Chilwell lack of chemistry stemming from some off the pitch drama (maybe related to a girl?). Gotta remember these guys grew up together and have played with one another for near a decade - that's plenty of time for history. 

Holy feck 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I think that’s enough FoxesTalk for one day.

 

(At only 8.25am)

I'm not saying I know anything inside (I don't in the slightest) - what I am saying as that as someone who watches the team religiously there's something amiss there and it seems to be greater than just out-of-sync teammates. The cause is purely guessing at what causes rifts at that age. Could be anything, could be absolutely nothing. There's no need to run with it but clearly a lot of other people have seen the same sort of thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's no secret they don't particularly like each other.

That’s a real shame. Any idea as to why?

 

In the end it might not even matter. Mahrez and Vardy were indifferent at best to one another off the pitch but had an almost telepathic relationship on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than there being no real chemistry on the pitch, although this has been much better in the past couple of months, where has this "they don't like each other come from". Pretty sure I've seen them out on some of the Instagram stories. They're different personalities certainly but I've seen nothing to suggest they hate each other.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He’s trying too hard. But look at it another way, he keeps getting into the right positions and we are still cleaning up without his goals. Iheanacho looked poor for two years but now looks electric. For me if he keeps getting into the right positions those goals will come. 

You're right.  Rodgers publicly challenged his wingers to add goals to their game and he has missed an awful lot of chances.  it is becoming something of an albatross.  
 

I think we should forget about it.  I am certain goals will come and he is worth his spot in the team anyway and he will only get better.

 

The situation reminds me a bit of Shinji.  He didn't score goals but the team was (somehow) better with him in it and people accepted that he didn't score.  Barnes has shown he can score at other clubs but I do think he is feeling the pressure now.  We need to be careful not to add to it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SO1 said:

Because that brings Barnes back into the middle of the pitch. Just like the West Brom videos where he creates absolute mayhem/goals.

Your a Genius ! :scarf: I was just reading Striders tactical thread on the Diamond and its all coming together in my head like a perfect crystalline structure!

Haha I think you came to that conclusion on your own. I did much prefer him in the middle playing for West Brom. Even on the left he did better drifting across. But if he does come back into the middle of the pitch we’ll be rotating Maddison/Tielemans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Other than there being no real chemistry on the pitch, although this has been much better in the past couple of months, where has this "they don't like each other come from". Pretty sure I've seen them out on some of the Instagram stories. They're different personalities certainly but I've seen nothing to suggest they hate each other.

yeah always wondered where people got this idea from, just because sometimes last year they made the wrong runs when they were attacking together, people decided they hate each other ahah. 

 

there is literally a picture on harvey barnes' instagram from (presumably) last night of him celebrating his birthday with ben chilwell. you can see the hatred in both their eyes tbf.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...