Sign in to follow this  
BigMicky

Harvey Barnes

26 minutes ago, matty98 said:

If we could find a way to get him on the ball 1v1 vs fullbacks how Man City had Mahrez I think he'd do well

That’s rubbish. Him and Gray were 1 V 1 vs the Norwich full backs a number of time but were easily defended against. 

• Like 1

This thread takes longer to read than War and Peace, we really ought to leave the poor lad alone now. I would say the arguments add up to an honourable draw.

54 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Outstanding piece of play to assist Vardy on Saturday. Get behind him and back him.

Beautiful ball and the little dink for Perez away at Southampton which shows his game just isn't about power and pace. 

I think anyone who is a good judge of a player can see he's going to be a fantastic player. I personally think he'll be a slow burner and we won't see the best of him for another two or three years but I've little doubt he's going to be a 10 goal and 10 assists a season player. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lgfualol said:

So was Morgan and Fuchs, should we keep playing them?

Fuchs I think should be getting more game time yes.

Morgan has aged and declined sadly, but still is good enough for cover.

Note our 3 best players in the last game were older heads, age seems to help in the big occasions.

Edited by Chrysalis

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Beautiful ball and the little dink for Perez away at Southampton which shows his game just isn't about power and pace. 

I think anyone who is a good judge of a player can see he's going to be a fantastic player. I personally think he'll be a slow burner and we won't see the best of him for another two or three years but I've little doubt he's going to be a 10 goal and 10 assists a season player. 

My personal opinion is that he is better suited in that number 10 role. I have no doubt in his qualities or ability at all. Perhaps more just a mental thing at the moment? Look at his highlights from his time at West Brom and I don't see him having the confidence to try any of that right now.

34 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Fuchs I think should be getting more game time yes.

Morgan has aged and declined sadly, but still is good enough for cover.

Note our 3 best players in the last game were older heads, age seems to help in the big occasions.

Fuchs would have been much better against Mahrez, I have no doubt about it. 

Seems we were a little naive with our approach to this game. Granted, after the run we’ve been on I can understand why we started this way. 

Think he has more potential than Gray.

Seems more intelligent in his play, and can spot potential opportunities more efficiently.

Confidence isn't an issue in his game; but needs to be more composed when he's in a great position to hit the target.

Why blow $$$$$ on a new winger when we can just put in another u23, give him half a season and excuse his lack of ability because hes one of our own?

I have been reserving judgement, but I think I have to conclude he is not cut out for this level. 

We need an upgrade in Jan. 

• Like 2

Needs to man up.

I get he is young and has everything to learn and will be feeling the pressure but needs to take a step back and realise he is living the dream.

Needs to get better anticipation. So many times a ball comes loose towards him and he touches it but doesn't get enough on it, due to reacting slowly.

Think he should be used as a sub more. Albrighton warrants having a run now

Isn’t good enough at the minute and needs rating for his own good. I still fully back him to become a good player for us though. Needs to be used when we are on the front foot not against the top teams as he can’t defend. 

Massively out of form and can't buy a goal, but doesn't deserve to be written off. 

He doesn't look interested at times though, which is bizarre. Needs to work himself back into form- run himself into the ground until something goes right.

• Like 1