2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It was going around in October we were looking to offer him a new contract

Probably looking to get a bit more money out of us, and wanting to be on similar money to Maddison (however much that is)

Maddison is now on 100k a week or so. The issue for us is, Tielemans deserves to be on at least that and then we need to sort new deals for Ricardo (probably another who warrants that sort of figure) and Soyuncu. Barnes for now should probably get a new deal on £60k + bonuses but then again what has Maddison done for us that Barnes hasn't.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I hope BR isn't as obsessed with resting young players, keeping players out so they don't get injured , and worrying about the big boys as the forum sometimes seems. Footballers  love playing more than resting or at least I hope ours  do, they are not dockers or labourers who appreciate a rest. When Neymar went to PSG they paid him to play not be wrapped in cotton wool and we're not midgets. In any case the big boys don't read forums or fan chat to window shop, the shop window is on the pitch . We don't want our good performers resting, not playing, or hidden. How are you ever proposing to win anything ?

On 02/01/2021 at 12:06, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he makes the England squad he's as good as sold.

On 02/01/2021 at 14:03, mozartfox said:

Why? Is his LCFC contract shortened or terminated?

On 02/01/2021 at 19:49, sacreblueits442 said:

...shop window....the big boys take notice!!!

....just to make my comment clear!!!

I am not suggesting that the Big Boys read fan forums but the mere fact that a player is playing on the pitch for his country is the shop window.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Barnes is one I think isn't that keen on moving on. He's a local lad and a boyhood fan.

Qualifying for the Champions League strengthens our hand, too.

Big if those last few lines. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Big if those last few lines. 

Crazy season this. Could go either way. They’ll probably call the season once Utd go top. 

Edited by ARM1968
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison is now on 100k a week or so. The issue for us is, Tielemans deserves to be on at least that and then we need to sort new deals for Ricardo (probably another who warrants that sort of figure) and Soyuncu. Barnes for now should probably get a new deal on £60k + bonuses but then again what has Maddison done for us that Barnes hasn't.

Slimani's wages should cover a lot of that.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, losing Slimani, Gray, Morgan, James and Fuchs will save us about £250k a week come the summer. 

Yep true, and all players that aren’t really playing so no impact on the squad. Promote from within (KDH etc.) and we’re in a good place. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is there any truth in the 'Man United interested' stuff, or is it the usual noise made to keep everyone interested?

Jenas a few weeks back on MOTD said 'Barnes played well' and now look at all this shit

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

9 goals for the season now. Another very good performance, and not just because of his goal. Lots of great runs, his ability to carry the ball is very impressive.

Really becoming a top player now, lovely to see him get better every week.

Harvey was restricted at times today by a good defensive performance from Souttar, but he persevered and was rewarded with a deserved goal. As you say, he gets better and better. 

• Like 1

9 goals for the season now. Not even halfway through.

I'd be happy if he got 15 goals and a fair few more assists but he's on for just over that if he carries on like this and stays injury-free.

Harvey's on a roll now, think we all knew it was a matter of time before the ball would start hitting the net for him.

The only player who's ever got me off my seat like this lad is Mahrez. The national side are fairly well stacked in the wide areas with Sterling, Rashford and Sancho but this lad has to make the squad for the Euros. He's more explosive than any of them.

• Like 1

I actually didn't think he was at his best today but the direct nature of his game means even if he isn't completely on it he'll create something in the game. He's having a great season and is maturing all of the time 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Goober said:

Harvey's on a roll now, think we all knew it was a matter of time before the ball would start hitting the net for him.

The only player who's ever got me off my seat like this lad is Mahrez. The national side are fairly well stacked in the wide areas with Sterling, Rashford and Sancho but this lad has to make the squad for the Euros. He's more explosive than any of them.

If Harvey played for Dortmund or United he'd be in the squad ahead if the likes of Sancho, he's becoming that good.

I often criticised him for making the wrong run, or not making the run at all. It was the only thing that was holding him back from being a top player. Watching him on TV every week is not the same as watching him live every week, but he seems to have learned this, as every young player does with experience. 

His finishing is not the best, probably never will be, but he is still pitching in with goals now too. If he could finish any better he wouldn't be our player. Other than that, it's hard to criticise him in anyway at the moment 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
On 05/01/2021 at 21:37, adam95581 said:

Yep true, and all players that aren’t really playing so no impact on the squad. Promote from within (KDH etc.) and we’re in a good place. 

I'm perhaps a romantic softy and intend to remain one but Wes and Christian are two of the unbelievables. I'm sure they'll both have plans when they hang up their boots but I hope LCFC are the sort of club who could easily find a role for both temporary or permanent should they need it. Sure they were just doing their job but I think it was a little bit more than that.