Really upped his performances this season. Good composure in front of goal. Did similar against Zorya (I think?). Last year that hits the keeper I reckon. He's confident and hungry. Keep going Harvey! 

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS

HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS

HARVEY BARNES

HE SCORES WHEN HE WANTS

10 for the season already! Can he beat Mahrez's 17? I think he could!

6 premiership don't think hes getting 17 prem goals,but if he gets 12 and Maddison can be reach 10, Vardy hits 20 then the combined total from the 3 should be around the 41 Mahrez and Vardy reached that season.

• Like 2

The likes of JJ’s performances have been getting the plaudits this season, it’s kind of felt like Harvey’s good form has gone under the radar a bit.

He has come on leaps and bounds since last season, many were highly critical of him last season, myself included because his inconsistent form was extremely frustrating, one game he looked ready for the first 11, the next game he looked like a player not worthy of a place in the 18.

This season though, he has improved dramatically in the two areas he needed to improve the most, consistency and goals. Every game he plays now, you feel he can contribute in one way or another.

To be fair, if his finishing was better, he would be on 15+ goals by now.

Harvey has improved greatly in 12 Months and will continue to do so. But he's not ready to lead the line if Vardy is out.

For me that has to be Perez, You could see tonight what a clever player he is and also has quick feet. He can play in tight areas.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, MPH said:

@Finneganwasn't it you who said to me at the beginning of the season he’d never score regularly? Hang your head in shame!

Wasn't this in response to a claim we should play him down the middle as a Vardy heir? 

I'm sure I remember saying he's unlikely to improve sufficiently to score with that kind of regularity and I stand by that. Very few players make that kind of improvement, it's not just about technique striking the ball it's everything that makes up Vardy's game, in particular the genius of his movement off the ball. 

I also said many, many times last year that he'll start scoring more once he settles and gets confidence, he clearly has the technique but he was rushing shots all over the place last year and panicking when facing the keeper. 

I feel pretty vindicated in most of the things I've said about Barnes to date. 

:dunno:

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

All of this is happening while we aren’t in the stadium to hear the nob who sits behind me moaning about him. Criminal, id have the bloke close to tears again.

He's at home whispering oooooooh it's an equaliser lol

22 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Harvey has improved greatly in 12 Months and will continue to do so. But he's not ready to lead the line if Vardy is out.

For me that has to be Perez, You could see tonight what a clever player he is and also has quick feet. He can play in tight areas.

Perez was shocking tonight as he regularly is, i dont know what people see in him, i dont think he's assisted vardy once in his year and a half here and he cant finish.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Perez was shocking tonight as he regularly is, i dont know what people see in him, i dont think he's assisted vardy once in his year and a half here and he cant finish.

You are such a plum. I almost didn't post this.. but someone had to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1