Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 19/20

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Messi always seems so miserable when he's playing for his country.

Argentina continue to be unimpressive after opening Copa with a 0-2 loss to Colombia. 

Still left Dybala on the bench and Icardi at home.

I would be miserable if I had that squad to play around and have to carry. He’s one of the best players ever seen, but if the other 10 on the field can’t even support him, then this will keep happening. 

Argentina don’t have a good starting 11 let alone a good squad. No wonder he retired from international football. Argentina just expect him to work miracles and make money from glorified friendlies. 

• Like 1

Tough one for us(Canada) tonight vs Mexico in the Gold Cup. 

3-1 to them and that's not a huge surprise. I feel like we are making strides as a country.

Bit frustrating always playing the CONCACAF teams, since it's not always the "beautiful" game lol

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Tough one for us(Canada) tonight vs Mexico in the Gold Cup. 

3-1 to them and that's not a huge surprise. I feel like we are making strides as a country.

Bit frustrating always playing the CONCACAF teams, since it's not always the "beautiful" game lol

Watch us lose to Cuba. Lol

Canadian football is tough to watch at times and you never know what to expect (which is sad given we have so much talent out there).  

Must say i hate concacaf with a passion, dirty teams, shitty refs.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

How's the new league going? 

Well, based on the topic created here and how it's fallen, about sums it up.

They televised the first match here and hasn't been one on since then.

I haven't been to a match, so I don't know how the attendance is. I hope it's good as my local team is doing well. 

At least I check the scores and the standings!

Edit: Looked up the attendance and it ranges from about 4 to 7K. 

Edited by spacemunky
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, spacemunky said:

No place between Mexico and Brazil should be allowed to call it “futbol”.  “Shithouse” (casa-de-mierda?) would be truth in labeling.

• Like 1

Its still amazing how some commentators question the difficulties South American players will have in adjusting to the physical nature of Premier League football when South American football is hatchery at its finest.

Guyana just concluded their first tournament appearance in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and managed three goals. 

Neil Danns bagged all three -- two here in Cleveland v Panama Saturday, another tonight v Trinidad and Tobago.

nd.JPG.3118f03cc65cf341a893d0b21deb19d8.JPG

• Like 1