Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Getting Bored Now...?!!

6 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Yeah, so frustrating as all the other sides are racking up the new players and there's only a couple of months until the season starts. West Ham have signed David Martin - why weren't we interested!!?!!?

It's mildly concerning that it's such a slow window. People can say there's plenty of time left but our window shuts so early that there's effectively 2 months. We have in the past tried to line up deals for the start of windows both in the summer and January because the longer it drags on it becomes very difficult. Thankfully we don't need huge amounts of players but it does feel like this summer is pivotal if we want to go from the top 6 being a pipe dream to really putting pressure on. The nucleus of this team is brilliant but we need 1 or 2 quality signings to put ourselves in there. Tielemans is essential, as is a top class winger. Any other additions are less of a priority.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's mildly concerning that it's such a slow window. People can say there's plenty of time left but our window shuts so early that there's effectively 2 months. We have in the past tried to line up deals for the start of windows both in the summer and January because the longer it drags on it becomes very difficult. Thankfully we don't need huge amounts of players but it does feel like this summer is pivotal if we want to go from the top 6 being a pipe dream to really putting pressure on. The nucleus of this team is brilliant but we need 1 or 2 quality signings to put ourselves in there. Tielemans is essential, as is a top class winger. Any other additions are less of a priority.

It definitely seems quieter across the board than usual, but I wouldn't panic until all the clubs around us are bringing in players beyond 40 year old 4th choice goalkeepers whilst we remain stagnate. 

I think once this set of International fixtures is over there will be much more movement both here and in Europe. I'd much prefer we get our business done as soon as possible to bed in, but the fixtures aren't even out yet and pre-season training is a while off. 

• Like 1

I’ve sort of lost interest in this window already, as all the rumors have been uninspiring and the action has been around outgoing stars.

Add that new recruitment head who seems to be near universally panned and it feels like a lost window already. Just a feeling, obviously, but not a good one. 

18 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Not worried at all. Things have barely moved and rumours are pretty weak. Things will likely start to move next week

This was said last week. And the week before last and the week before that haha

• Haha 1

It's still too early.  Rumours are flying around but I'm forgetting about the transfer window and supporting England in the Nations League now. Who knows, with a bit of luck we might even win it, and with two Leicester players in the team. How much does their value go up after that?:D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

It's still too early.  Rumours are flying around but I'm forgetting about the transfer window and supporting England in the Nations League now. Who knows, with a bit of luck we might even win it, and with two Leicester players in the team. How much does their value go up after that?:D

Still let's not sell our best players and build around them 

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Considering we are only really needing 3 or 4 new signings, I'm not worried. 

I agree and on the top of that we need to sort the deadwood out. Cut our losses in many cases and offload.

• Like 2

It's like a duck gliding across the water at speed. It looks like nothing is happening but underneath those feet are going ten to the dozen.

Hopefully anyway, if we end up with Tielemans and the best winger we can get it's a great window as far as I'm concerned assuming we don't sell our stars. 

Edited by Gerard

The international transfer window isn't even open yet, and if you look at the calibre of players we'll be after the majority of them will be playing international football - either Nations League/Euro qualifiers or AFCON.

It's hardly surprising that there haven't been any big moves yet. Have a bit of patience.

• Like 2

Not worried yet. This desperation to get a signing in before everyone else is a bit weird to be honest. I'd probably rather we had (sure one of the ITK's said we had one coming in early this week) but I don't really get the panicking just yet.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

The international transfer window isn't even open yet, and if you look at the calibre of players we'll be after the majority of them will be playing international football - either Nations League/Euro qualifiers or AFCON.

It's hardly surprising that there haven't been any big moves yet. Have a bit of patience.

Better to sign nobody when you read this frightening media garbage linking us to the following - Sturridge/Dunk/Robben/Townsend/Llorente etc.. 

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Thanks. 

there's plenty of time left but our window shuts so early that there's effectively 2 months. 

Not one PL team has made a significant sign as yet so I'm not worried at all.

Lots of players away on international duty or on holiday, pretty sure that we didn't sign anyone until July last summer 

NO panic

• Like 2

Agents and money have destroyed the transfer windows. Some players won't commit for money holding out for who pays the most. Others waiting for a bigger club to come in for them. Even some Clubs are playing the same game.  Some players want to know who is staying before committing to renew contracts.

That's the dilemma the clubs face in the moderngame.

I'm sure the club are working tirelessly to acquire targets but it is frustrating when a lot of the time matters are outside your control.

What's important is that we sign the right players to take us up another notch forward.

It's vital we keep our best players and show the top six we've arrived and are not going to be bullied and have our plans destroyed by Man cities of this world.

I've every confidence the club will deliver,  and we will retain everyone who wishes to stay plus a few additions. But it is frustrating waiting for an announcement. Particularly Tielemans.

• Like 1