Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Getting Bored Now...?!!

A lot of Internationals and U-21's are away with their training camps preparing for games. Whilst no doubt there's some indirect tapping up going on through the media, potential future club mates and Hotel waiters who look suspiciously like Pep (and cleaning ladies who look like Solskjaer) there shouldn't be any activity regarding those players until these matches are completed. Our first signing is more likely to be an unknown academy prospect, hopefully with a pun-fest name, oh for another Loft, we really raised the roof with that thread!

We’ve had a new manager, new head of recruitment and new analytics chief so it’s going to take a few weeks to settle. Besides, players will be on holiday or playing in internationals at the minute so it’s difficult to get things done.

It’d be more of a concern if we needed to make loads of additions but not including replacements for outgoing players we likely only need 3 or 4 players.

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not one PL team has made a significant sign as yet so I'm not worried at all.

Lots of players away on international duty or on holiday, pretty sure that we didn't sign anyone until July last summer 

NO panic

Ricardo was announced in mid-May before he went to the WC, Maddison and Evans were both announced in June.

They were officially 'signed' on the 1st July though, presumably for contractual reasons (loyalty bonuses awarded, etc).

• Like 1

The quieter the better really, whenever we get linked with everyone we buuy shit, i would be happy with Tielemans and sturridge, maybe a couple of unknown youth players or backups.

We’ve got a decent squad and good youngsters... why the panic to sign? 

Not only that but we aren’t selling all our best players either... you’d rather have a revolving door? Calm down or go play FIFA 

Guest SO1

In terms of money. If I'm a smaller club selling to us I want to make sure that I have my deals in place before I sell.

Last thing any club wants is to be stuck or held hostage because everyone knows you have a huge chunk of cash.

Sounds like a balancing act in a room of Smoke and mirrors. Same for everyone no matter where you are on the food chain.

Edited by SO1

35 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

We’ve got a decent squad and good youngsters... why the panic to sign? 

Not only that but we aren’t selling all our best players either... you’d rather have a revolving door? Calm down or go play FIFA 

Why go play FIFA??!! What's that got to do with anything?! ?

Oh, you mean to make transfers now! Well that's just being silly isn't it, cos I'm not sure if you're aware, but its not real you know ?

1 minute ago, Nickbluefox said:

Why go play FIFA??!! What's that got to do with anything?! ?

Oh, you mean to make transfers now! Well that's just being silly isn't it, cos I'm not sure if you're aware, but its not real you know ?

He told you to go and play FIFA because your level of impatience is a bit child-like, and maybe something like that will satisfy your need for something to happen 'right now' and keep you entertained (and quiet) for a bit...

Just checked last season we signed Pereira on 20th May which was understandable because of the World Cup but then it was 20th June before Maddison. 

A lot of international football on, players on holiday. Easy to see why no movement across the PL. 

I also fail to see why a rumour makes people think there's some movement on matters. A decent football club won't letting their transfer active even make the rumour pages of a newspaper/website. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, Xen said:

He told you to go and play FIFA because your level of impatience is a bit child-like, and maybe something like that will satisfy your need for something to happen 'right now' and keep you entertained (and quiet) for a bit...

Nah, sorry, but no can do Kemosabe! 

If you're hacked off with this topic, go read someone else's and bore them instead. ??

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just checked last season we signed Pereira on 20th May which was understandable because of the World Cup but then it was 20th June before Maddison. 

A lot of international football on, players on holiday. Easy to see why no movement across the PL. 

I also fail to see why a rumour makes people think there's some movement on matters. A decent football club won't letting their transfer active even make the rumour pages of a newspaper/website. 

Wasn't Evans already signed by then as well or did he come after Maddison?

In the last 4 seasons we have made a signing in May each year, that's probably why it feels a bit boring.

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't Evans already signed by then as well or did he come after Maddison?

In the last 4 seasons we have made a signing in May each year, that's probably why it feels a bit boring.

And then moaned like **** for every week after that where a further signing wasn't made ?

• Haha 2

Tight ship not even a lot of rumours flying about. I’d rather we quietly went about our business rather than it all being out in the papers everyday (although I’d imagine a lot in here would prefer that)

It does seem odd that so little seems to be happening yet half of the managers will moan there wasnt enough time when the window shuts. 

I think its just a bit of poker with teams not wanting to show their hands too early. Personally think we are having a quiet window because we are going all in on YT and are waiting for Monaco to open negotiations.  No YT could lead to a completely different transfer strategy for us

• Like 1

Yeh just what we need. A thread about why we haven't signed anyone yet.

1. Its the 1st week of June and many players are in international duty or on holiday. 

2. The papers have to fill their pages with something as there isn't a lot happening in the world of football right now, so they fill it with nonsense rumours about players we most likely aren't interested in.

3. Just chill out, enjoy the summer and maybe revisit this topic in July if we still haven't signed anyone. 

22 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

This window can’t close quick enough for me 

Same. With interest in Maddison, Maguire, Chilwell, possibly Ndidi and Ricardo..... We need to make our signings, turn the lights off at the KP and not answer the phones. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It does seem odd that so little seems to be happening yet half of the managers will moan there wasnt enough time when the window shuts. 

I think its just a bit of poker with teams not wanting to show their hands too early. Personally think we are having a quiet window because we are going all in on YT and are waiting for Monaco to open negotiations.  No YT could lead to a completely different transfer strategy for us

I think for clubs like us aswell they’re afraid to spend there budget incase someone in the squad gets injured or moves on.