Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Getting Bored Now...?!!

20 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh just what we need. A thread about why we haven't signed anyone yet.

1. Its the 1st week of June and many players are in international duty or on holiday. 

2. The papers have to fill their pages with something as there isn't a lot happening in the world of football right now, so they fill it with nonsense rumours about players we most likely aren't interested in.

3. Just chill out, enjoy the summer and maybe revisit this topic in July if we still haven't signed anyone. 

You forgot 4 & 5!!!

Follow women's Wcup

watch England blow it in the cricket Wcup.

oO hh!!  & no6.... Paaaaannnnic,cos you forgot to book your summer holiday,worrying about transfer talk...:bounce:

• Like 1

On 06/06/2019 at 21:42, Foxy_Bear said:

Same. With interest in Maddison, Maguire, Chilwell, possibly Ndidi and Ricardo..... We need to make our signings, turn the lights off at the KP and not answer the phones. 

The only slight problem with this is that, as yet, there is actually NO interest in ANY of the above named players !!!

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

The international transfer window doesn’t actually open untill June 11th so that might be something to do with it only the domestic transfer window is open at the moment (opened may 17th)

I thought that but we’ve signed plenty of players before then in years gone by (or at least announced it pending approval etc) - Fuchs, Ricardo off the top of my head. 

5 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not really.  I thought June was always quiet 

We'd signed Ricardo and Evans by this time last year... Granted, we're not in as such dire need of a squad overhaul as we were last summer - all we really need at the minute is hopefully Tielemans or someone just as good for that role, a starting winger and a backup striker. 

Barring a couple of attacking players, I’m guessing we are waiting to see what happens to maguire, chilwell and Ricardo day in terms of funds and replacements needed.

I would like to see the signings done by the time the sqaud returns after summer, so Rodgers has a full pre season to get his best team and formations sorted, so not overly concerned yet, but like everyone just look forward to who we get.

Have a feeling more will leave than join us

4 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

rudkin operates by haggling to the last minute, as usual we will be doing last minute panic business.

In the past we've tried and have got deals done early. This season something is afoot but then again it's the same with the majority of the Prem. I suspect the prices being quoted is making signing players farcical right now.

As I and others have said previously, the time to panic is when other teams are signing players left right and centre and we can't offload the crap or bring in our targets. At this moment in time however there hasn't been a great deal of movement across the board. 

Thus far there's only really been Villa who have signed anyone of note, and they released about 12 players and were the worst placed team to be promoted and therefore have a greater need to bring in players, along with Bournemouth who have signed one player, United with one, Norwich with one (loan), Southampton with one, West Ham with one of note and a couple of squad players and finally Wolves adding one player who was effectively already theirs anyway.

• Like 2

What we need as it stands is for a new striker and Tielemans to sign. That's is if we don't sell anyone.

Last year was probably more crucial in moving on from the title winning side. Maddison, Evans and Ricardo were badly needed. Would have hoped for something more from Ghezzal that hasn't materialized but we are much stronger than 12 months ago. It's more a matter of a few upgrades than a sea change.

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

What we need as it stands is for a new striker and Tielemans to sign. That's is if we don't sell anyone.

Last year was probably more crucial in moving on from the title winning side. Maddison, Evans and Ricardo were badly needed. Would have hoped for something more from Ghezzal that hasn't materialized but we are much stronger than 12 months ago. It's more a matter of a few upgrades than a sea change.

Essential we get an effective winger as well, i'd say that's more of a priority than a back up striker because even as it stands our first choice XI there's an obvious weakness at right wing where as up front Vardy is in the top 3 best strikers in the league.