Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Getting Bored Now...?!!

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep reading this and it's nonsensical. If we want more players than just Tielemans and assuming we have some form.of budget for these players, why do we have to wait for Tielemans to sign before we get others in? We risk missing out on targets that go elsewhere plus we put pressure on our DOF in getting numerous deals across the line in a decreasing amount of time, we've previous for struggling to do this. 

If we've still not made any signings by next week it'll be interesting to gear what Rodgers says, he isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Could be a number of factors why we haven't signed players, they could be at the 4 major tournaments this summer and want to wait until after they are knocked out before signing, we might have next to no money after youris deal so have to wait for maguire/others to be sold. we could be waiting for their clubs to get a replacement .....like Quincy promes moving to Ajax releasing one of their wingers.... Still think we need youri, a winger and a striker as a priority and might just not have the money to do it without a big sale. 

Edited by North Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Could be a number of factors why we haven't signed players, they could be at the 4 major tournaments this summer and want to wait until after they are knocked out before signing, we might have next to no money after youris deal so have to wait for maguire/others to be sold. we could be waiting for their clubs to get a replacement .....like Quincy promes moving to Ajax releasing one of their wingers.... Still think we need youri, a winger and a striker as a priority and might just not have the money to do it without a big sale. 

Wish we'd gone from Promes, we wanted him last summer as well. Neres or Ziyech would do I suppose ?

• Haha 1

Getting worried that we don’t seem to be active in the transfer market! We probably are behind the scenes but to us it seems very quiet, with very little substance to ‘links’. How was Rogers at Celtic? Did he do business early or did he do it later in the window?

25 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Getting worried that we don’t seem to be active in the transfer market! We probably are behind the scenes but to us it seems very quiet, with very little substance to ‘links’. How was Rogers at Celtic? Did he do business early or did he do it later in the window?

It's not Rogers who signs the players.  He will certainly have an input as to the type of players he requires but it will be the job of the analysts, the recruitment team & Rudkin to identify targets and get the wheels in motion.

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Maybe the alternatives the club have for Youri are cheaper therefore allows more money to be spent on better targets? The only reason I can think of.

This is pretty much what I was trying to get at, @Ric Flair - @Bluearmyfox28 just put it far more eloquently.

Bloody transfer window is boring me stupid, clearly! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

People just need to be patient (errrmmm....yeah right). There have been games for many and holidays for others. Not to mention that we don’t leak info on targets, so the media just make crap up.

56 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I honestly think there will be 1 signing and that will be Tielemans hope I'm wrong

Not a chance. The domino effect always happens eventually, it may come down to last week of the window, all the clubs play it cool until the last 48 hours then they sh*t themselves  because someone got injured in pre season or they suddenly realise there squad ain’t that great. As boring as it is, relax it’ll be alright lol 

16 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

For those of you desperate for transfer activity and about to implode, I think something will happen today to appease you, "just in" time

It's all fun and james...

Wonder if the players are having a laugh over all these ridiculous rumours. perhaps they have a sweepstake to see who is named in the most outrageously made up nonsense fake news story (something like Barca eye Vardy in Messi swap deal or some such)