Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Congrats to Wycombe. 

Ainsworth has truly done a superb job there.

And we may finally hear something about Wycombe that doesn't involve Lawrie Sanchez being dragged out to discuss Essandoh.

• Like 2

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I like him in small doses, that interview was certainly more entertaining than anything our banterless "yeah like I say obviously it's an important three points" robots churn out week on week

Sounds like the sort of thing you'd see on Soccer AM (which I find about as funny as aids).

Very unfortunate game for Eastwood in Oxford goal who has been a stand out performer for several seasons. 

I am told by a Wycombe season ticket holder capacity at Adams Park will be reduced by around a third for next season because of CV. He is unsure likely budget for next season but there will need to be quite a few players brought in. My guess is Ainsworth will largely recruit from leagues 1 and 2 (unless he can get a player or two on loan) as he is familiar with most of these players and will know who could do well in C'ship. What is for certain he won't have a large wage bill.

On 13/07/2020 at 19:14, spacemunky said:

I see that Ben Woodburn is on the bench for Oxford. Wasn't he set to take the world by storm a year or two ago? 

He did well until he was injured in October, only returning to training a week or so before lockdown. Oxford missed his ability.

• Thanks 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11710/12033058/coventry-city-announce-plans-to-build-a-new-state-of-the-art-stadium

Coventry City announce plans to build a new state-of-the-art stadium

Hopefully not a smokescreen and this actually goes through.

(Yes I know they're Championship now but we haven't got a thread yet).

On 21/07/2020 at 10:34, Fox92 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11710/12033058/coventry-city-announce-plans-to-build-a-new-state-of-the-art-stadium

Hopefully not a smokescreen and this actually goes through.

(Yes I know they're Championship now but we haven't got a thread yet).

Could be just something to put pressure on Wasps to get a good deal in the groundshare agreement.