Sign in to follow this  
Dahnsouff

Are we using the Window to harden our stance?

On 18/06/2019 at 10:37, jayfox26 said:

We should be in a better position than we've ever been to hang on to all of our players. A good manager, new state of the art training ground on the way, stadium expansion, a very good young squad, we've never been in a better position. We should wait till the players return and Rodgers should speak to the likes of Maguire and sell his vision for the club (hes probably already done this) and if wants to leave then we get the most money possible. If he wants to stay then we say no players are available this summer. If we can keep all our players and still buy youri and 1 or 2 others then we absolutely should. None of our players seem like they are desperate to leave unlike with Mahrez and Drinkwater. 

The problem is that we have a reputation of selling our best influential  player every season e.g. Kante, Marhez and now it looks as if Maquire will go. Why do we have to sell our advantage and give the advantage to the likes of mc

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The problem is that we have a reputation of selling our best influential  player every season e.g. Kante, Marhez and now it looks as if Maquire will go. Why do we have to sell our advantage and give the advantage to the likes of mc

We had no option with Mahrez and Kante and even Drinkwater. Kante had a release clause and the other 2 threw their toys out the pram. Currently none of our players have asked to leave so if it stays that way then we should keep them all unless we get a huge offer. 

Also you said we've sold our most influential player every year. Didn't realise we'd sold Vardy. I get your point though. Selling 1 player isnt always the end of the world. We sold Mahrez and bought Ricardo and Madders. We could sell Harry and sign Tielemans and a class winger or striker. 1 player leaving for the right price isnt the end of the world if we reinvest wisely. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

We had no option with Mahrez and Kante and even Drinkwater. Kante had a release clause and the other 2 threw their toys out the pram. Currently none of our players have asked to leave so if it stays that way then we should keep them all unless we get a huge offer. 

Also you said we've sold our most influential player every year. Didn't realise we'd sold Vardy. I get your point though. Selling 1 player isnt always the end of the world. We sold Mahrez and bought Ricardo and Madders. We could sell Harry and sign Tielemans and a class winger or striker. 1 player leaving for the right price isnt the end of the world if we reinvest wisely. 

I agree, though I honestly believe we were willing to let Drinkwater go, he’d struggled with injuries which continued at chelsea, we had silver lined up in the wings. I think we were ready to let him go believing we had better lined up. A bit like when we sold Piper to Sunderland knowing his knees were like glass. 

• Like 1