Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Khanya Leshabela is officially a part of the Leicester City first team squad for the coming season

46 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean based on the praise he's getting? Don't see anyone getting ahead of themselves, really.

Kudos where kudos is due - even after a match against League Two opposition. Doesn't mean people are already hyping him up no end.

Give our next balloon d'or player a little more respect!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Would much rather keep Leshabela in the team for a season as the backup backup midfield option behind Mendy, Hamza and maybe Ghezzal instead of signing for example Denis Praet or Callum McGregor, let him train with the first team, give him a few hundred minutes in the PL and Cups, then Championship loan the season after to show everyone what he's made of. He'll be 20 this time next season after all, I think he'll be better served with a season of football training with the first team under Rodgers who can help his development. 

Really? We have absolutely no idea if he's capable of becoming a PL player. Another alternative to Maddison or Tielemans could be crucial in our pursuit of the top 6. Creativity has to remain consistent all season if we are to stand a chance.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Really? We have absolutely no idea if he's capable of becoming a PL player. Another alternative to Maddison or Tielemans could be crucial in our pursuit of the top 6. Creativity has to remain consistent all season if we are to stand a chance.

That's true. Still, it's a romantic idea :wub:

• Like 1

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

That's true. Still, it's a romantic idea :wub:

I really hope he progresses, seems to have that blend of physicality, engine, creativity and composure that makes versatile midfielders excel in the modern game. He is the type of player Rodgers will appreciate.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I really hope he progresses, seems to have that blend of physicality, engine, creativity and composure that makes versatile midfielders excel in the modern game. He is the type of player Rodgers will appreciate.

If we must sign a mid, I like Amiri. Think he has loads of potential.

• Like 1

Hope to see a few more promoted from the U-23 like Leshabela, with the likes of Choudhury and Barnes already proving their talents and with guidance from Rogers there is no better time to introduce a few to the squad imo.

Strangely, his slot in the first team graphics on LCFC site has disappeared, just wondering if he's being sent out on loan, hopefully his injury on Tuesday had no bearing on this, played a fairly impressive game up to that point.

• 3 months later...

https://www.farpost.co.za/football-news/it-was-a-dream-come-through/

‘It was a dream come true’

Posted on November 16, 2019 by FARPost

FARPost.co.za caught up with former English champions Leicester City’s attacking midfielder Khanya Leshabela to find out how things are going in the United Kingdom.

Leshabela also discussed his experience with the South African national teams so far .

He’s one of many SA-born players who left the country at a young age to stay in Europe and ended up playing football.

So we asked him how did it come about that he started playing football and the Soshanguve-born, Pretoria midfielder replied: “My family is a football loving family so when I got to England I was taken to the local club in Portsmouth which is where I started playing from a very young age then when I was 14 I went on trial at Leicester and the rest is history. I’ve been here since,” said Leshabela, who’s now 20.

D_YCikRW4AUhTnP-300x169.jpg

The 20-year-old also spoke of his experience with the Leicester first team since his promotion since he was drafted in for the 2019/2020 campaign.

“I enjoy being with the first team there is so much quality and a lot of youngsters getting their opportunity and I hope I will get mine in the biggest stage – the English Premier League, but I’m getting closer,” he said.

“But in my number 10 role the competition is tight with top players like (James) Maddison and (Dennis) Praet ahead of me but luckily I can play on the wing too so I have a high chance, you know.

images3D9K69FJ-300x203.jpgLeshabela has to fight it out with the likes of James Maddison.

Leshabela also got called up to the national team beginning 2019 to the U20 AFCON ,World Cup and eventually the U23 AFCON qualifier against Zimbabwe where he played and the midfielder got so excited about this new journey.

“Yeah I was so surprised to have gotten a call up. I actually have been wanting to play for my country for years we didn’t know who to talk to until I got the right  exposure then my professional contract and a call up I was pleased it was a dream come through. I love my country.”

Leshabela is currently one of the top players for Leicester’s U23 but trains with the first team waiting for his opportunity.

By Prince Sobayeni

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://www.farpost.co.za/football-news/it-was-a-dream-come-through/

‘It was a dream come true’

Posted on November 16, 2019 by FARPost

FARPost.co.za caught up with former English champions Leicester City’s attacking midfielder Khanya Leshabela to find out how things are going in the United Kingdom.

Leshabela also discussed his experience with the South African national teams so far .

He’s one of many SA-born players who left the country at a young age to stay in Europe and ended up playing football.

So we asked him how did it come about that he started playing football and the Soshanguve-born, Pretoria midfielder replied: “My family is a football loving family so when I got to England I was taken to the local club in Portsmouth which is where I started playing from a very young age then when I was 14 I went on trial at Leicester and the rest is history. I’ve been here since,” said Leshabela, who’s now 20.

D_YCikRW4AUhTnP-300x169.jpg

The 20-year-old also spoke of his experience with the Leicester first team since his promotion since he was drafted in for the 2019/2020 campaign.

“I enjoy being with the first team there is so much quality and a lot of youngsters getting their opportunity and I hope I will get mine in the biggest stage – the English Premier League, but I’m getting closer,” he said.

“But in my number 10 role the competition is tight with top players like (James) Maddison and (Dennis) Praet ahead of me but luckily I can play on the wing too so I have a high chance, you know.

images3D9K69FJ-300x203.jpgLeshabela has to fight it out with the likes of James Maddison.

Leshabela also got called up to the national team beginning 2019 to the U20 AFCON ,World Cup and eventually the U23 AFCON qualifier against Zimbabwe where he played and the midfielder got so excited about this new journey.

“Yeah I was so surprised to have gotten a call up. I actually have been wanting to play for my country for years we didn’t know who to talk to until I got the right  exposure then my professional contract and a call up I was pleased it was a dream come through. I love my country.”

Leshabela is currently one of the top players for Leicester’s U23 but trains with the first team waiting for his opportunity.

By Prince Sobayeni

I would Love to see Rodgers ,to  earmark him for a few games this season...Early introduction from the bench.

We need our midfield- gems to prance around this season und Build their still young careers in the PL,...Tielemans,Maddison,Praet,Choudhury,Ndidi,But to also kickstart and motivate Leshabela 1st Team PL career,would be a prudent and clever move...!

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

S’all good fun :)

glad you did!

I was wary at the time I think of Praet's record, he'd had one very good season for Sampdoria and then a decent one, so splashing £20 million on a backup seemed like irresponsibility. It's certainly served us very well so far this season and it's pretty telling that I'm not worried at all about Maddison getting over his calf strain in time for Brighton. 

It also says that there's a lot of value to be had from the Serie A, we should certainly scout there for future options.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I was wary at the time I think of Praet's record, he'd had one very good season for Sampdoria and then a decent one, so splashing £20 million on a backup seemed like irresponsibility. It's certainly served us very well so far this season and it's pretty telling that I'm not worried at all about Maddison getting over his calf strain in time for Brighton. 

It also says that there's a lot of value to be had from the Serie A, we should certainly scout there for future options.

Yeah im not sure many of us expected him to fit in so well and so quickly. Easy to pick out comments with hindsight, I Wes’s only messing. 

Definitely agree on Serie A. Especially with our current style of football, I like the Colombian player for Atalanta. Although I mainly watch Roma and they’ve let me down in terms of betting a fair few times this season!

• Like 1