Sign in to follow this  
Vulpine Victor

Riyad’s nanny!

Why is it that the people with the most money are always the worst at paying other people what they owe? I was under the impression that Riyad lived locally. Did he move to London in case he got a move to a London club or a continental one? Disappointing to see this account.

The Manchester City and Algeria footballer Riyad Mahrez and his wife Rita have been ordered to pay more than £3,600 in unpaid wages to their children's former nanny.

The couple "made an unauthorised deduction" from the wages of Catalina Miraflores, an employment judge ruled.

They have also been ordered to pay an extra £150 in damages after they "failed to pay certain expenses".

Ms Miraflores told The Sun: "I worked really, really hard for that money."

City broke their transfer record to sign the £60m winger, now aged 28, on a five-year deal from Leicester in 2018.

He was part of the squad that became the first English men's team to complete a domestic treble this year.

The Sun reported that Ms Miraflores was hired in 2018 by the footballer - who reportedly earns £200,000 a week - to look after his two daughters.

In a written ruling, Judge John Sherratt said: "The respondents have made an unauthorised deduction from the claimant's wages and are ordered to pay the claimant the net sum of £3,612.

"The respondents, in breach of contract, have failed to pay certain expenses to the claimant and are ordered to pay damages to the claimant in the sum of £150."

A separate claim of unfair dismissal by Ms Miraflores was rejected by the tribunal on the grounds that she lacked two years' qualifying service. 

The BBC contacted Mahrez's agent for comment.

As I said in the last thread this was mentioned. He earned more than the outstanding wages whilst he was sleeping between 3am and 7am this morning.

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

Soon as people get a few quid in their pockets, they forget where they came from. Disgrace.

Yeah because times were so hard when he was on just 100k a week here.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah because times were so hard when he was on just 100k a week here.

Was referring to when he was just an unknown kid from Sarcelles, but sure make assumptions.

Just now, indierich06 said:

Was referring to when he was just an unknown kid from Sarcelles, but sure make assumptions.

The article says that things were fine until he went to Manchester.

He's a bellend to be honest. Grateful for what he did that season but I don't hold him in the same regards as the likes of Vardy etc 

• Like 2

I literally haven't seen one person question the accuracy of this story. She got sacked and has published her story with the Sun of all papers, surely we should have a little skepticism at least?

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

An ex-player who left in bad circumstances - burn him on order of the tabloids 

08502EDF-1F4E-47A5-82DD-852EA0DA2EC5.jpeg.a1749d0aabde708aa62bfa2a6ba1a999.jpeg

Tbf I thought he was a prat for a couple of years he was here 

On 28/06/2019 at 04:40, Countryfox said:

Always thought he was a bit childish but surprised he still needs a nanny at his age ...   

Probably the type who complains about how hard it is to be a parent even though he has a nanny lol

Mans at work earning millions and the missus cant handle 2 kids. Tsk, tsk. To be fair i bet a lot of pro athletes have nanny's on staff.

Nobody is raising my kids except me, my wife and the teachers while they are at school!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1