Sign in to follow this  
FIF

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

McGeady coming on for Sunderland, Eppiah on for Muskwe.

Listening on Radio Newcastle...

Edited by NorthernFox

1 hour ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

I know they’re a shambles and have been for a while but our Under-23s beating a club the size of Sunderland is quite incredible really. Great result for them. 

Totally agree, big stadium and I imagine for our players it was a massive game, even if the competition is seen as a bit of a joke these days. Aiden McGeady, Will Grigg and Grant Leadbitter all played. Wasn’t a team full of Sunderland’s kids. Really pleased for them. 

Edited by Big_Nige
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Totally agree, big stadium and I imagine for our players it was a massive game, even if the competition is seen as a bit of a joke these days. Aiden McGeady, Will Grigg and Grant Leadbitter all played. Wasn’t a team full of Sunderland’s kids. Really pleased for them. 

If we did actually make it all the way, I think we'd take a decent crowd. Playing Coventry would be great banter! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'd hope we boycott the joke of a competition.

Nah man let's ****ing win it. Leasing.com Champions, You'll Never Sing That.

• Like 1

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Nah man let's ****ing win it. Leasing.com Champions, You'll Never Sing That.

:plancque:

• Haha 1

Anyone know when the draw for the next round is? Please tell me I don’t have to try and stream the fooling Zoe Ball breakfast show crap again.

Reading some of the Sunderland forum posters last night, they thought we were a very young but c.o.c.k.y side.

Hopefully I think they are part of a ground swell at the club, riding on the success  of the first team.

Long may it reign. 

11 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Safely through. I think ths team has a good chance of silverware in this cup this year. 

I'll definitely go to Wembley for the final if we got there. 

Do people think we'd take 40,000 to see our U21's play in a Wembley final against a L1/2 side?

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'll definitely go to Wembley for the final if we got there. 

Do people think we'd take 40,000 to see our U21's play in a Wembley final against a L1/2 side?

Be lucky to get 400

I know it’s hard to predict these things but does anyone reckon there’s a chance Dewsbury-Hall has a future with the first team? Seems like he’s been performing well for a while now 

10 hours ago, Big_Nige said:

This is correct, lost of first teamers. Shocking result for us, we’re getting worse.  

13 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

I know it’s hard to predict these things but does anyone reckon there’s a chance Dewsbury-Hall has a future with the first team? Seems like he’s been performing well for a while now 

Been training with the first team all season. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

He's been doing alright with the u23s but then so a have few others who reside in league one. Hard to say but nothing scream out first team action to me. Would be happy to be surprised.