Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Recommended Posts

There’s been plenty of occasions where we’ve played the same day at West Brom as Birmingham are at home. 

 

Including once when Wolves were at St Andrews whilst Villa played at Forest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Or, and this could come as a surprise to some, all at the same time :o :o :o :o 

Don't be so ridiculous. Apparently from 2021, Chinese TV is buying the rights. Meaning we will have a Saturday morning 09:00 KO and a Sunday morning 08:30 KO. Not to forget the Monday morning 02:00 KO for US television.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I do like it's stayed on Boxing Day, it's pretty shit for away fans (it's only Liverpool fans so my care levels are limited) - public transport is restricted on those kind of days.

 

Not that that ever matters to TV companies!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As much as I do like it's stayed on Boxing Day, it's pretty shit for away fans (it's only Liverpool fans so my care levels are limited) - public transport is restricted on those kind of days.

 

Not that that ever matters to TV companies!

Gives all the local plastic scousers more of a chance of getting to see a live Liverpool game. Good for them I guess? :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As much as I do like it's stayed on Boxing Day, it's pretty shit for away fans (it's only Liverpool fans so my care levels are limited) - public transport is restricted on those kind of days.

 

Not that that ever matters to TV companies!

Boxing day fixture is a great tradition, but 8pm, that's frankly ridiculous.  3pm kick off is fair and gives fans of most teams the chance to get there and back hassle free. 8pm is ridiculous. Then clubs will wonder why its not sold out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Don't be so ridiculous. Apparently from 2021, Chinese TV is buying the rights. Meaning we will have a Saturday morning 09:00 KO and a Sunday morning 08:30 KO. Not to forget the Monday morning 02:00 KO for US television.

Man this would be amazing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest MattP

Used to love the 11.30am boxing day games growing up, great time and got to do the family festivities as well.

 

Never thought I'd be going to one at 8pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 o’clock on a boxing day sounds fu cking superb tbf. wish i lived local and could go.

 

all day on the ale with anyone and everyone, go the match, then roll straight out into one of the best nights out of the year. heroic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite like that as the home team tbh. 

 

Boxing day evenings are usually dull if you're stuck at home. 

 

8pm on a boxing day isn't a new thing though. Been plenty down the years. Not sure why the outrage

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

8 o’clock on a boxing day sounds fu cking superb tbf. wish i lived local and could go.

 

all day on the ale with anyone and everyone, go the match, then roll straight out into one of the best nights out of the year. heroic. 

Leicester city centre is pretty dead on boxing Day in my experience (all be it I've not bothered for a few years). Christmas Eve is the big un. But other than that I agree with your sentiment 3 games of football to watch in the pub followed by Leicester v Liverpool under the lights there are worse ways to spend your boxing day (like with the family).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Leicester city centre is pretty dead on boxing Day in my experience (all be it I've not bothered for a few years). Christmas Eve is the big un. But other than that I agree with your sentiment 3 games of football to watch in the pub followed by Leicester v Liverpool under the lights there are worse ways to spend your boxing day (like with the family).

well yeah i’ve never been out in LC on boxing day but that does ruin my imaginary plan somewhat. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Quite like that as the home team tbh. 

 

Boxing day evenings are usually dull if you're stuck at home. 

 

8pm on a boxing day isn't a new thing though. Been plenty down the years. Not sure why the outrage

Really?   maybe me, but i'm struggling to think of any

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Quite like that as the home team tbh. 

 

Boxing day evenings are usually dull if you're stuck at home. 

 

8pm on a boxing day isn't a new thing though. Been plenty down the years. Not sure why the outrage

ok i give in...name them!:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Gives all the local plastic scousers more of a chance of getting to see a live Liverpool game. Good for them I guess? :dunno:

They'll all be in our end :rolleyes:. Always notice the few who "celebrate" our goals a little gingerly when we play one of the big teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Do you think pubs will be able to / likely to license the Amazon screened matches? 

I imagine there will be a lot who are half arsed tbh. Can't be getting a huge return with their lack of games

Edited by TK95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...