Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

How come? I went on Ausden clark for the first time ever for Huddersfield. Was great, no complaints. Got there early enough to have a good drink around Huddersfield, and as I needed to get back to Leicester for the evening it left (with a police escort out of the town) straight after full time. So much cheaper than the train, convenient, no complaints. For me, the train is a complete rip off and awful service, only useful if you can get away without paying for a ticket, which on a weekend is possible often tbf.

There’s been more occasions where I’ve ended up getting back late from somewhere because of a coach compared to a train. 

 

I get to pick my seat, have a drink, stretch my legs and if there is someone nearby me who I smells/talks crap, I just move. On a train if I miss it, I can wait for the next one. 

 

Although anyone whose had the delights of Northern Rail out to Burnley or Hull, that’s a worthwhile and interesting experience 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

When will Newcastle be confirmed for 28th/29th September? Does anybody know approximately?

After the CL draw and when UEFA have announced the matchday splits. The draw is on Thursday 29th August (evening), and UEFA normally announce matchday splits within an hour or so. So by that evening you will know.

 

Basically, if Manchester City have a game on Tuesday 1st October, then our game will be moved to the Sunday slot. So just look out for that CL fixture and it will tell you.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh yeah, as someone who doesn't have a Sky subscription I'm always moaning about us not being televised because it means I can actually go to home and away games at a normal time instead...

Listen to the radio then

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

While I'm at the match?

So what are you moaning at or getting involved for,

everytime I see your name it is to moan about something,

if your not going to the game watch on sky,

Then go to the pub,

if you don’t like pubs listen to the radio,

if you don’t like stringer on the radio 

the then tough shit,

either put up or shut up,

theres your options,

sky pick and choose there games so get over it

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

So what are you moaning at or getting involved for,

everytime I see your name it is to moan about something,

if your not going to the game watch on sky,

Then go to the pub,

if you don’t like pubs listen to the radio,

if you don’t like stringer on the radio 

the then tough shit,

either put up or shut up,

theres your options,

sky pick and choose there games so get over it

Because it's a bag of shit. I've not managed Southampton away before, so it's a ground I was hoping to tick off this year. Just because stupid TV kick-off changes happen doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by it or express that opinion. I was making the point that I don't moan if we're never on Sky because I'd always rather see us in the flesh anyway - and, more importantly, I'd always rather games be played at times where as many of my fellow fans can see us in the flesh as possible too.

 

If you want to shrug your shoulders about it that's your business, but you seem a bit keen to tell others what they should think about this for someone who isn't bothered.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Because it's a bag of shit. I've not managed Southampton away before, so it's a ground I was hoping to tick off this year. Just because stupid TV kick-off changes happen doesn't mean I can't be annoyed by it or express that opinion. I was making the point that I don't moan if we're never on Sky because I'd always rather see us in the flesh anyway - and, more importantly, I'd always rather games be played at times where as many of my fellow fans can see us in the flesh as possible too.

 

If you want to shrug your shoulders about it that's your business, but you seem a bit keen to tell others what they should think about this for someone who isn't bothered.

Because it all gets a bit boring hearing people moan about sky changing game times when we all know there going to,

then when we’re not on sky they moan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Because it all gets a bit boring hearing people moan about sky changing game times when we all know there going to,

then when we’re not on sky they moan

Yeah we know they're going to but that doesn't mean we can't all have an individual preference as to what games we'd like moved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Because it all gets a bit boring hearing people moan about sky changing game times when we all know there going to,

then when we’re not on sky they moan

Who actually moans that we’re not on sky apart from arm chair fans? lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

We never complain about Sky’s financial contribution, easily forgotten......game would be different without it.....

Yeah, it'd be more competitive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yeah we know they're going to but that doesn't mean we can't all have an individual preference as to what games we'd like moved. 

I understand that,

its more when people think sky do it to ‘personally’ piss them off because it’s that particular game they were planning on going to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

I understand that,

its more when people think sky do it to ‘personally’ piss them off because it’s that particular game they were planning on going to

I suspect people are concerned, as I am, that it is done with absolutely no regard for the travelling fan, whether intending to go or not. It is the double bind of 'if you go, it's your choice and you're a mug, if you don't, then you're not a proper fan'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I suspect people are concerned, as I am, that it is done with absolutely no regard for the travelling fan, whether intending to go or not. It is the double bind of 'if you go, it's your choice and you're a mug, if you don't, then you're not a proper fan'.

I understand all that,

but it’s not going to change,

supply and demand as they say,

people will moan and go,

demand in tickets  is showing no sign of letting up,

if I don’t go it opens up the door for someone else on a lesser priority the opportunity to go,

if they don’t want to go then a member or general sale fan has the chance to,

i get what others are saying but I’m just saying that by them acting like it’s personal to them is a bit dramatic in my opinion,

It’s as if sky should consult them first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes booking trains a nightmare. Anyone got caught out on transport? I got to sort trains for Chelsea and UTD - presume these are in no danger of being moved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This makes booking trains a nightmare. Anyone got caught out on transport? I got to sort trains for Chelsea and UTD - presume these are in no danger of being moved...

Chelsea already moved to Sunday 18th Aug, 16.30 kickoff (moved obviously for Lampard's first home game as boss).

 

Doubt Man Utd will be moved as it's first game since international break and so no Europa League to affect it (as in Utd won't play the Thursday before in Europa League) so it won't get moved to Sunday. Plus all TV fixtures have been announced for that weekend already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3 August 2019 at 12:57, StanSP said:

Chelsea already moved to Sunday 18th Aug, 16.30 kickoff (moved obviously for Lampard's first home game as boss).

 

Doubt Man Utd will be moved as it's first game since international break and so no Europa League to affect it (as in Utd won't play the Thursday before in Europa League) so it won't get moved to Sunday. Plus all TV fixtures have been announced for that weekend already.

Bet they wish they'd picked it now for the Maguire relevance, having said that it's not like it was a surprise and had he stayed then that would be a narrative for them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realise I am adding to the comments here but is it possible to just have a thread with TV dates and no comment, if it's being pinned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I realise I am adding to the comments here but is it possible to just have a thread with TV dates and no comment, if it's being pinned.

Not to sound rude or anything, this is a general question, but why wouldn't you just use the LCFC website? Afterall, FT is a forum where people discuss (in this case the TV games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not to sound rude or anything, this is a general question, but why wouldn't you just use the LCFC website? Afterall, FT is a forum where people discuss (in this case the TV games).

That's a fair point :D it just seems pointless pinning it if the information isn't readily available without reading through little arguments haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Trainline app I see there is a "change time/date" button. Do they charge for this feature I wonder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2019 at 07:41, Collymore said:

On the Trainline app I see there is a "change time/date" button. Do they charge for this feature I wonder...

Yes. But there is also an insurance option when booking tickets which can only be a couple of quid. I am considering using that more this season!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/08/2019 at 07:41, Collymore said:

On the Trainline app I see there is a "change time/date" button. Do they charge for this feature I wonder...

I think the charge is £10 per ticket....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lestuhfox said:

The Liverpool away game.

 

Is this  a Saturday 3pm ko?

 

Or have sky yet to pick for that weekend?

Yep. All games chosen for TV already. Ours stays 3pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...