Jump to content
Bert

Games moved for TV 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Think I said before but I reckon Liverpool on Boxing Day moved to the 27th as they come back from Qatar shortly before Xmas, so of course they'll get the extra day to prepare.

 

Also think our Man City away game before Xmas will get moved as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Think I said before but I reckon Liverpool on Boxing Day moved to the 27th as they come back from Qatar shortly before Xmas, so of course they'll get the extra day to prepare.

 

Also think our Man City away game before Xmas will get moved as well. 

If lpool, gets moved to 27 th then West Ham (a) has to move to the 29th. 

 

I would expect both Man City and lpool games to be selected for tv 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If lpool, gets moved to 27 th then West Ham (a) has to move to the 29th. 

 

I would expect both Man City and lpool games to be selected for tv 

Yep. 2 games away to West Ham and Newcastle within 3 days.  Lot of travelling! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If lpool, gets moved to 27 th then West Ham (a) has to move to the 29th. 

 

I would expect both Man City and lpool games to be selected for tv 

Can see the entire schedule being ****ed for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can see the entire schedule being ****ed for us.

Yeah it will be. Boxing Day is sure to move one way or another whether it be a different day or at least a different kick off time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon are showing all the midweek fixtures at the beginning of December. They have an option to show some of those games on the Thursday night, so if our game vs Villa is moved to the Sunday, the Watford game could be shifted to the Thursday!

 

Amazon also have all the Boxing Day fixtures.  They will all be on the 26th or 27th, so the Liverpool game could well be moved too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Think I said before but I reckon Liverpool on Boxing Day moved to the 27th as they come back from Qatar shortly before Xmas, so of course they'll get the extra day to prepare.

 

Also think our Man City away game before Xmas will get moved as well. 

They can't mess about with games too much. There is Boxing Day (26th), weekend (28th/29th), New Year (1st/2nd) and then FA Cup (3rd/4th/5th/6th) fixtures. If they move games to the 27th, that has a knock on effect and teams could end up playing a game every 2/3 days for over a week.

 

Feck Liverpool. They will be back on the 22nd, plenty of time to prepare for a game on the 26th. Don't forget we play 21st/22nd/23rd as well, what's the difference. Be a farce if they give Liverpool benefit.

 

We should find out by Friday anyway (although wouldn't be surprised if it takes them longer to figure all this out).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Feck Liverpool. They will be back on the 22nd, plenty of time to prepare for a game on the 26th. Don't forget we play 21st/22nd/23rd as well, what's the difference. Be a farce if they give Liverpool benefit.

Conspiracy theory says it'll be done to aid them lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Papasmurf said:

How do the Amazon games work? Presume prime customers get access?

 

If I sign up for a month in December will I be able to get the boxing day game?

 

 

From what I've seen yes if you sign up for a Amazon Prime membership for December you should be ok for both games. (I believe they have a midweek game in December as well)

 

I presume as Amazon have the rights for the full boxing day fixture list they will retain the rights to the Liverpool game even if it does get moved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bert said:

So the Christmas fixtures won’t be shown on sky/bt?

 

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No. All 10 on Amazon Prime.

 

I've got no idea if they intend to stagger the kick off times.....I'd imagine they'd have no need as you'd be able to watch all 10 games in full on replay. Obviously we will be on at a different time to the other 9 if Liverpool cause the delay

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 

 

I've got no idea if they intend to stagger the kick off times.....I'd imagine they'd have no need as you'd be able to watch all 10 games in full on replay. Obviously we will be on at a different time to the other 9 if Liverpool cause the delay

Would assume as with Championship games midweek on Sky and Champion League games on BT you will be able to pick your game via the red button. Don't know if this will happen or not, but I am with Virgin Media and have been told as long as I subscribe to Prime I will be able to watch the games through them although they did not say how, will wait and see before subscribing However I understand it's only £9 to £10 pounds for the month

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, richieboy said:

Would assume as with Championship games midweek on Sky and Champion League games on BT you will be able to pick your game via the red button. Don't know if this will happen or not, but I am with Virgin Media and have been told as long as I subscribe to Prime I will be able to watch the games through them although they did not say how, will wait and see before subscribing However I understand it's only £9 to £10 pounds for the month

 

Oh that's a given. Wont be a read button as such you'll be given a menu with all the games.

 

If they stagger the kick off's though obviously they can get the same viewer watching two live games boosting their ratings. 

 

EDIT: As an aside I use Amazon Prime a lot to watch the ATP tennis tour and I'd imagine it'll be the same setup for the PL so if anyone has any questions about how it'll be setup/how to watch on TV fire away.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Marmite said:

My mates a season ticket holder at Villa and hes been told that the Villa v Leicester game will be Sky's Monday night football 

 

That don’t make sense with moving The Coventry game from Sunday to Saturday though 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...