Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCNick1

Do we really need to sign another winger ?

Gray, and Barnes especially, still have promising futures but as others have said, we can't rely on them this season to consistently deliver top performances week in week out, which is what will be needed to break the top 6. We need another winger and a proven one too, who regularly scores goals and will be one of the first names on the team sheet each week.

Hopefully the rumours are true and we are indeed looking at wingers in the £30-50m bracket. I think we are this kinda of signing away, from being a scarily good team next season! 

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Please

So in 99 games, he scored 36 and assisted 20. In an incomparable league, but nice numbers. Amartey came from FC Copenhagen (Before Skov arrived), but maybe we have contacts?

15 minutes ago, Mark said:

Please

I actually prefer the other Skov… Andreas Skov Olsen. 3-4 years younger, a shit loads of goals and assists in a poorer team and seems quicker and more dynamic. I have researched both of them quite a bit recently (absolute sad act)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I actually prefer the other Skov… Andreas Skov Olsen. 3-4 years younger, a shit loads of goals and assists in a poorer team and seems quicker and more dynamic. I have researched both of them quite a bit recently (absolute sad act)

• Like 1

If we are going all in for another big money signing as a winger then I'd really prefer that it was someone who has already had a season or two in bigger division (e.g. Spain/Germany) and performed to a high level there. Someone in the 22-25/6 age bracket. With Barnes, and to a lesser extent Gray, we already have promising younger wingers alongside Perez and Albrighton.

Realise that will come with a higher price tag and may be dependant on Maguire or the likes of Slimani/Silva/King going but having some who is more likely than not to command an immediate starting spot and make an instant impact on the team could be crucial to matching our ambitions this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

If we are going all in for another big money signing as a winger then I'd really prefer that it was someone who has already had a season or two in bigger division (e.g. Spain/Germany) and performed to a high level there. Someone in the 22-25/6 age bracket. With Barnes, and to a lesser extent Gray, we already have promising younger wingers alongside Perez and Albrighton.

Realise that will come with a higher price tag and may be dependant on Maguire or the likes of Slimani/Silva/King going but having some who is more likely than not to command an immediate starting spot and make an instant impact on the team could be crucial to matching our ambitions this season.

Malcom

Bailey

Ziyech

Chukwueze

Mendez

Sarr

Thauvin

Neres

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nope, not for me. Ricky will quite possibly be sold next Summer for a huge fee (If he carries on as he did last season), then JJ takes over, so Ricky needs to stay as RB to preserve his inate value.

(I know that was naughty, but whatever)

We need a new right sided, left footed attacker to cut in and bag some goals and I do not believe that was the purpose of bring Perez in.

I don’t believe Pérez was brought in for this either. Pérez was brought in as very good utility man, someone who can play anywhere in the 3 behind Vards & also be used as an option alongside Vards.

The comments BR made regarding wanting a winger who can cut in, for me that’s not Pérez therefore I think we will break the bank again for some serious talent out wide.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Malcom

Bailey

Ziyech

Chukwueze

Mendez

Sarr

Thauvin

Neres

Yeah basically any of them! My realistic pick would be Bailey. He's got excellent ability at cutting inside and a wicked strike on him. I also get the feeling he'd really gel with the existing squad. Not just because he knows Wilf but he just has that 'Leicester player' vibe about him. He's probably just about attainable for us too.

Ziyech or Neres would be out of this world good and I'd be adding Rudkin to my Christmas card list.

Ship out Gray and Ghezzal, keep Albrighton and Barnes. Would like another 2 wingers (I'm greedy) but 100% if we want to kick on we need that top draw winger.

Gray, has always been on the cusp of being a decent player, but he's far too inconsistent and nowhere near as clinical. Often lacking poor judgement and decision making in the final third.

Ghezzal, he comes in for a lot of stick, sometimes unfairly but I just think he's a squad player that we didn't need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I don’t believe Pérez was brought in for this either. Pérez was brought in as very good utility man, someone who can play anywhere in the 3 behind Vards & also be used as an option alongside Vards.

The comments BR made regarding wanting a winger who can cut in, for me that’s not Pérez therefore I think we will break the bank again for some serious talent out wide.

I'd agree with this. Perez has the ability to play anywhere in the forward line and he does that to a high standard, consistently turning out goals and energetic performances. He saves us from those situations where we play Gray as a lone striker or use one of the wingers at CAM as that didn't work well. Another addition, as an elite out-and-out right winger on top of that new found flexibility would be just the ticket.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sure after the first free kick the commentator says thanks for the coffee. (0:20)

He does... :D Its something we say in danish, when there is nothing left to say. Guess the commentator was quite impressed.

49 minutes ago, Mark said:

Please

I’m sold on this lad & just realised he’s only 23. 38 goals n assists in 34 league games is different gravy. However I feel like the club will go for someone who’s more proven in one of the top European leagues to avoid that potential risk.

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with drawing up a list of required attributes and researching the market. I did and I’ve been with the same incredible lady for 27 years. She had both the things I deemed important - in abundance ?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So in 99 games, he scored 36 and assisted 20. In an incomparable league, but nice numbers. Amartey came from FC Copenhagen (Before Skov arrived), but maybe we have contacts?

We have really good contacts in Belgium with the likes of Amartey, Ndidi & even Youri to a degree.

3 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

He does... :D Its something we say in danish, when there is nothing left to say. Guess the commentator was quite impressed.

Get in. 

All those Scandi crime dramas are starting to pay off. I'm learning. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is more or less already signed up by Bologna in Serie A. For about 3 million £.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Going purely off the 2 videos that have been linked on here. My first thoughts prefer Robert Skov, purely because of the kids technical ability however having watched both videos it’s clear that Andreas Skov’s are more from open play rather than set pieces. 

Fvck it get both in & ship out Gray & Ghezzal lol 

• Like 1