Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCNick1

Do we really need to sign another winger ?

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Plus the £9m we got for Iborra in January.

He was a funny one, mind thinking when you guys signed him that he would be an excellent signing but obviously never worked out.  Maybe spent too long in Spain and struggled adjusting to the EPL.

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

He was a funny one, mind thinking when you guys signed him that he would be an excellent signing but obviously never worked out.  Maybe spent too long in Spain and struggled adjusting to the EPL.

He did ok for us, nothing special but did a job and was a handy goal threat from set pieces and crosses. Puel never really took to him though, the pace of the PL was probably a touch too much for his influence and there are much better options. We didn't lose much money on him though which for a 30 year old was surprising.

In other news it looks look Ismaila Sarr is close to going to Watford, fcuk sake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He was just far too slow in the end, kept fouling people on the edge of the box since he couldn’t get close enough to win the ball back.

He was absolutely class for a few games and then got injured, seemed to go downhill from there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He did ok for us, nothing special but did a job and was a handy goal threat from set pieces and crosses. Puel never really took to him though, the pace of the PL was probably a touch too much for his influence and there are much better options. We didn't lose much money on him though which for a 30 year old was surprising.

In other news it looks look Ismaila Sarr is close to going to Watford, fcuk sake.

Jeezo, think he would have been a great option as that wide player for you guys as well.  Can't help but feel someone has missed the boat here as surely if the choice is Watford or Leicester it's Leicester every day of the week.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Blimey, this bills really adding up!

With this the current suggestions on here, to go with our 3 latest purchases are:

Winger - 30-50m (various suggestions)

Midfielder - 15-20m (Praet etc)

Forward - 20m

Centre Half - 40m (Dunk etc)

Suddenly we're up to a possible up to 130m on top of the about 80m we've just spent. All on top of the players and wages surplus to requirements.  Good job we're Real Madrid.

Now we can all dispute again which of the above, if any, we really need and then reiterate our particular preferences from YouTube player clips and media reports. It's like the magic roundabout. Do we realistically think this is good  business for the future of the club or could it just be starting to sound just a little rediculous and unrealistic? 

All in the chase for a paltry 6th place which certainly for me wouldn't justify such expediture. Think on this basis I'd sooner finish 7th and retain the long term future of the club and shore up our improved squad next year after they've got a good season of experience under their belt. Like our owners say, building a sustainable team.

Forget about a Forward/Striker -20 mil See Perez aka attacking player we don't need no stinking strikers see Klopp /Rodgers at Liverpool/ interchangeable

Drop -20mil off the price for a center half and buy another prospect aka Benkovic/Soyuncu or like Celtic take two midfielders and turn them into centerhalves aka Bitton /Ajer

or build a god damn honest to goodness youth development system that produces premier league caliber squad players/prospects instead of buying.

Attacking player+30 to 50mil you pay for goals......and there better be goals. Or he's just a prospect like Gray. Not a winger. Attacker.

Liverpool went from 7th to 2nd in one year under Rodgers. Who knows where we'll finish:) It's all speculation including where the money is coming from.

I hate to say it but this place might need an accounts thread and I'm not the guy to start it.:) Gotta go.

Edited by SO1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmm the run in we had under Rodgers pitched us against the teams that were our nemesis under Puel and we were on the back of a horror start to 2019. I'm not so sure we would have got the 20 points we got after Puel left, that put us in the top 4 in the form table for the last quarter of the season. I think we'd have been more like 12-14th. Which in monetary terms was about £6-8m

Difficult one really,  we'll never know, yet we beat Man City, Chelsea and drew with Liverpool under Puel but got some shockers also ? Our underperfoming against teams that shut up shop had become legendary and predated Puel. Players like Tielemans are undoubtedly a help in such circumstances. Perez also hopefully!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Forget about a Forward/Striker -20 mil See Perez aka attacking player we don't need no stinking strikers see Klopp /Rodgers at Liverpool/ interchangeable

Drop -20mil off the price for a center half and buy another prospect aka Benkovic/Soyuncu or like Celtic take two midfielders and turn them into centerhalves aka Bitton /Ajer

or build a god damn honest to goodness youth development system that produces premier league caliber squad players/prospects instead of buying.

Attacking player+30 to 50mil you pay for goals......and there better be goals. Or he's just a prospect like Gray. Not a winger. Attacker.

Liverpool went from 7th to 2nd in one year under Rodgers. Who knows where we'll finish:) It's all speculation including where the money is coming from.

I hate to say it but this place might need an accounts thread and I'm not the guy to start it.:) Gotta go.

All very spot on for me and I really think they're having a damn good go at it. There had to be a reason why Rodgers left a great job behind and one, despite what some Celtic supporters may think, a job that was very close to his heart. Of course he's an ambitious man and there's nothing wrong with that. I also think it's more than being promised millions to spend because although our owners have money, I have every belief they'll only invest in what they believe to be sounder prospects than some of the earlier mistakes that were made.

I think Rodgers saw an overall exciting, from the ground up project, one that could not only put him back on the Premiership map, but one that has longevity and substance. From training facilities, investment in youth, to coaching some very decent older players, this is a project that he can grow with. This is not a buy quick now, as many semi known players as you can, for a quick punt at a moment of transient glory operation. It is not Everton or West Ham who appear more of the latter.

We may never be a Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd or Liverpool, but I do see us going somewhere further than most of the also rans. It will demand patience though when some supposed rivals appear to be splashing the cash more than us. Let em spend, most of it appears very speculative. Ours currently appears more targeted and systematic.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2019 at 15:19, Foxy_Bear said:

With respect mate, it honestly baffles me that someone can back Gray and Ghezzal for game time in one sentence and question Evan's in the next. 

Ghezzal has done nothing. Gray hasn't improved since we bought him and Evan's was our best CB last year. Incomparable. 

Agreed ?