Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Do we need or want a new club captain.??

The horrible thing about having great players is knowing that sooner or later they will leave. I remember having this chat with a buddy who supports Spurs back in the day when they had Modric, Berbatov and Bale. With that in mind, picking a captain must be a ball ache for the hierarchy. Players like Ndidi, Maguire, Evans would be my options and I`ll throw in Hamza as a future captain as well.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Club captain will stay as Morgan, team captain I imagine will be Schmeichel as it was whenever Morgan didn't play last year.

No need to change it. 

Morgan was kept around for his presence off the field, would be counter intuitive for him to be removed of his captaincy 

Morgan whilst he's still here, then it gets passed on to Kasper - no question about it. He's become an integral part of the club since we started our resurgence and he bleeds blue now, as was evident with his response to the crash last year. Can't think of anyone better. He's only 32 as well, so assuming he stays until he retires (which I think is likely) we'd get at least 4-5 more years out of him too.

Picking someone to follow after him is difficult as we'll have changed so much by that point. If he continues progressing and matures well then Choudhury could potentially be a good option. It might even suit Maddison in a few years time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Morgan whilst he's still here, then it gets passed on to Kasper - no question about it. He's become an integral part of the club since we started our resurgence and he bleeds blue now, as was evident with his response to the crash last year. Can't think of anyone better. He's only 32 as well, so assuming he stays until he retires (which I think is likely) we'd get at least 4-5 more years out of him too.

Picking someone to follow after him is difficult as we'll have changed so much by that point. If he continues progressing and matures well then Choudhury could potentially be a good option. It might even suit Maddison in a few years time.

There might be a train of thought, of letting Wes position ride,until he leaves the playing staff...

If one of them feels like taking it on,I would choose between Chilwell or Maddison,give it to one of these young guns,to make our youth policy complete.

Show we are a positive forward thinking

Club,ready to attract other quality young

Players...

5 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'd give it to Maguire if it meant he stayed, I think he'd make a good captain.

If he move on then it should be Vardy or Kasper.

A player that needs bribing with the captain’s armband is not someone I would want as captain.

• Like 3

Interestingly Evans was captain of the first half team against Scunthorpe, over Vardy.

I imagine that means it’s Morgan > Kasper > Evans in line for the captaincy, with the captaincy only being passed on when the player has left the club permanently.

02CD98DD-E140-40DE-9CAE-5CB8E0057C0C.jpeg

22 minutes ago, brucey said:

Interestingly Evans was captain of the first half team against Scunthorpe, over Vardy.

I imagine that means it’s Morgan > Kasper > Evans in line for the captaincy, with the captaincy only being passed on when the player has left the club permanently.

Not sure I’d trust that. Wes was also wearing the armband on the bench according to that, and sonch and Justin wore the same shirt number.

as an aside has nacho lost the 8 shirt to Tilly?

Edited by Fox seen in Norwich

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Think I'd agree with that order. As much as Vardy is club legend, Evans strikes me as a more effective leader on the pitch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Not sure I’d trust that. Wes was also wearing the armband on the bench according to that, and sonch and Justin wore the same shirt number.

as an aside has nacho lost the 8 shirt to Tilly?

The bench?

22 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'd give it to Maguire if it meant he stayed, I think he'd make a good captain.

If he move on then it should be Vardy or Kasper.

Personally, I don't see him as a leader. He's a good defender but he doesn't strike me as an effective communicator  :geek:. Wes until he gives it up, then Kasper/Evans wouldn't be a bad shout. Vardy could of made an excellent captain. Maybe choudary in the future? he's got a tenacious drive which would stand him in good stead.