Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
moore_94

Cheltenham Away Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I wonder if Albrighton knowing his place is under threat by Perez is concentrating on getting in some danger areas a bit more often....

 

Nah, it's definitely a stylistic change in the team this season. Perez and Albrighton were doing it loads in the last game too. Brendan wants goals, and those players need to get them! Only way to get goals is get into attacking positions, so it's becoming a feature of our play. Quality finish from Albrighton, so who knows perhaps he is capable of a few more goals this season?

 

I think Nduwkwu was taken off because he wasn't putting in the workrate expected that Albrighton is showing. I think that's good from Rodgers, make sure the team isn't dicking about.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Nah, it's definitely a stylistic change in the team this season. Perez and Albrighton were doing it loads in the last game too. Brendan wants goals, and those players need to get them! Only way to get goals is get into attacking positions, so it's becoming a feature of our play. Quality finish from Albrighton, so who knows perhaps he is capable of a few more goals this season?

 

I think Nduwkwu was taken off because he wasn't putting in the workrate expected that Albrighton is showing. I think that's good from Rodgers, make sure the team isn't dicking about.

Fitzhugh the Replacement for Ndukwu looks confident as well at just 16 years old, willing to shoot and have the ball

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fitzhugh showing plenty of endeavour and enthusiasm, looks a good prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moore_94 said:

Fitzhugh the Replacement for Ndukwu looks confident as well at just 16 years old, willing to shoot and have the ball

He's been quite impressive actually, just like Leshabela last time round. He's working hard, not afraid to get on the ball and keeping it moving quickly. Great attitude from what we've seen so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win. Glad we're all taking friendlies seriously and getting 3 points in the bag. Good goals from Vardy and Albrighton. Team showing good character to come back from behind. On to the next one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

how many managers does Albrighton have to impress :)

How many fans...!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully brendan saves fitzhugh from the u23s and plays with the first team lads. You can already see what too much u23 has done to Ndukwu, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ndukwu and work rate aren't a natural and happy combo. Think he's done under Rodgers, his chance was under Puel early last season when he was on fire for the U23's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good run out for the lads. At this moment you're looking at fitness first and foremost but it's always good to get a win with 2 decent, well taken goals.

 

Albrighton looked good, Vardy looked sharp, Tielemans looks class, really exciting seeing him and Vardy link up so well. 

 

Soyuncu is still a bombs care however!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soyuncu looks a million miles away from a Premier League defender. Outmuscled and out thought on too many occasions by a League 2 attack. Perhaps I am being too harsh and it may be a one off, but it didn't fill me with any confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hopefully brendan saves fitzhugh from the u23s and plays with the first team lads. You can already see what too much u23 has done to Ndukwu, etc.

Massive problem with Beaglehole managing the u23s, he doesn't seem to want to play attacking fluid creative football, like the first team, so creative players like Ndukwu just don't really learn anything or develop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Huli said:

Marc had the best game today.

 

Fuchs number 2.

 

Fitzhugh had a nice 10 min cameo.

Ooo Fitzhugh Sir!.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...