Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Top 5 countries you’d recommend

Oh and by the way... my five...

Bruges - For anyone who has never experienced "europe" Bruges was perfect for us

Venice/Italy - Venice is just somewhere special
Egypt - IN CRED IBLE
USA - prefer the west coast to the east

Australia - amazing place, too big but so many unusual and beautiful locations

9 hours ago, Izzy said:

1. New Zealand - Stunning scenery, four seasons in one day, the freshest air imaginable.

2. USA - Despite popular opinion, it's an amazingly diverse country with so much to see and do (and they love us Brits) 

3. Egypt - The temples and tombs will blow your mind

4. Italy - great beaches, great food, great weather, mental scooter riders

5. Scotland - right on our doorstep yet so many people haven't been there

I sent Boris to Scotland; he made a proclaimers joke!

Trying to get to my 50th country this year after being stuck on 47 for a couple of years. 

Top places:

- Kyoto Japan. Just magical and like nowhere else. 

- Churchill, Canada. Go to see the polar bears. It’s a shipping outpost and takes days to get there. 

- Sarajevo, Bosnia. Easily the most historically interesting place I’ve been. Go stand where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was shot and the First World War started. See remnants of the Yugoslav war and of the Ottoman influence on the culture. 

- Chiloe, Chile - an island about halfway down the coast of Chile. Wonderful people, penguins, never felt more at peace. 

- All of Costa Rica. It’s a while since I went but it’s an easy country to see, the wildlife is unreal, beaches, people, everything just amazing. 

I cant believe the amount of stuff I’ve missed off this list! But I think that’s my top 5. 

Next 3 countries will be principalities - San Marino, Vatican and Liechtenstein in a little trip in September. 

1 minute ago, Monk said:

Next 3 countries will be principalities - San Marino, Vatican and Liechtenstein in a little trip in September. 

Englands group in the next Euro qualifiers :D

1. Thailand - an incredible country, madness in the capital, jungles in the north and paradise beaches in the south. Bangkok IS the best capital city in the world. 

2. Japan - The most alien and un-English country I’ve been it, has it all and completely bonkers.

3. New Zealand - Stunningly beautiful country, the Tongariro crossing is truly breathtaking.

4. Hong Kong - East meets West, old Chinese way of life vs huge skyscrapers and modern living.

5. Germany - different regions offer such variation, Berlin and Hamburg are absolute belters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monk said:

- Chiloe, Chile - an island about halfway down the coast of Chile. Wonderful people, penguins, never felt more at peace. 

Went there a few years ago, amazing place. Loved Chile, Valparaiso on the coast another great place. Santiago great too.

in no particular order...

1. New Zealand

2. Laos

3. Germany

4. Chile

5. Peru (4 day hike through the Andes to Machu Picchu especially)

Not that anyone gives two shits or will bother reading this, but:

1. New Zealand. Went to school in Auckland for several years.

2. California USA. Spent many years of my life there. 

3. Uzbekistan - friendliest people I've encountered on the planet. 

4. Iceland

5. Chile

6. One more...Canadian Rockies. In fact, most of Canada. 

And another...Bavaria/Austrian Tyrol on a motorcycle. 

• Like 1

Watched Romesh Ranganathan’s Misadventures in Zimbabwe and it really made me want to go back! I haven’t been since 2006 and even then that was just for a day and a burger cost $2,000,000. I went in 1998 before everything went nuts and have only fantastic memories. Definitely worth a watch. 

Edited by urban.spaceman

In no Particular Order.

1. Guatemala - Great Mix of old Colonial towns, Amazing scenery, friendly people, great food (which surprised me) and so many random places that you'll sit back with a beer and just make you appreciate where you are.

2. Botswana - Think someone else mentioned Bots. Camping on the banks of the delta was one of the most surreal experiences I've experienced. Probably the only time I've felt so detached from the rest of the world in a good way.

3. Norway - Hated Oslo but as soon as I started to travel North it was super amazing. Horribly expensive but it really is nature at it's finest.

4. Germany - Football, Beer, food and I enjoy learning about history there. 

5. South East Asia - Cheating and grouping Thailand, Indonessia and Vietnam together cos I can. Warm weather, Good food and cheap beers all that needs to be said.

• Thanks 1

Canada - From East to West, stunning - great, friendly people

Scotland - in the summer

Portugal - lovely countryside, lovely people, great food, wonderful beaches

Italy - history, art, food, scenery (Tuscany, Portofino, Rome, oh my)

France - Provence/Occitanie, lovely