Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
StanSP

Dennis Praet - Finally Signed!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

I thought he looked a little lost at times, but definitely to be expected and I could see he has potential to work in the system.

he made two slight mistakes but soon got up to the pace and after that was quality

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This would indicate we are still going to play Maddison on the left regardless of the opposition and no Barnes or Albrighton? Maddison and Youri need to be back central together pulling the strings.

It seems that way to me. Cant complain with our 2nd half yesterday though. Created plenty of chances. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'm also not really sure on what basis people are saying he looked good or shit, there wasn't nearly enough to go on either way.

Thought every touch he did have showed the right intent and good execution. Strong in the tackle, good awareness, good passing. Very small sample size but he did what he could and impressed me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I thought he looked a little lost at times, but definitely to be expected and I could see he has potential to work in the system.

I agree completely. he's only just arrived, he needs time to adjust and get used to his teammates. At the moment he looks like an alternative/backup to Tielemans but I'm pretty sure we bought him with the anticipation of losing Maddison to a "big club" next season. I hope he'll work fine with one or the other but I can't yet see how we play all three in a starting lineup.

 

Way to early to judge yet though and so probably a pointless post. It just seemed people were a little too high on the guy which on FT always ends up in people hating on him a few weeks later. I think this season Praet is a project (at least until January).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

I'm also not really sure on what basis people are saying he looked good or shit, there wasn't nearly enough to go on either way.

Won the ball that created Maddison's shocking miss and Vardy's miss, not bad for about 20 mins work. He also robbed Kante of the ball which just doesn't usually happen. It was a solid cameo, I certainly didn't expect him to be as impressive from the off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Beechey said:

If it's "Pre-at" then that makes it much easier

 

In before @weller54 turns Japanese

 

David-Pleat.jpg 

Edited by turtmcfly
that piccy was tooooo big

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

 

In before @weller54 turns Japanese

 

David-Pleat.jpg 

Denise Pray-it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KFS said:

Could be our much needed balance in midfield. 

 

Kasper

 

Chilwell

Cags

Evans

Ricardo

 

N’Didi (CDM)

Praet (Box to box)

Tielemans (AM)

 

Maddison (inside forward)

Vardy

Perez (inside forward)

 

Ward, Albrighton, Barnes, Iheanacho, Justin, Morgan, Choudhury

 

A diamond formation with Chilly and Riccy to provide width?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Tanya said:

A diamond formation with Chilly and Riccy to provide width?

Yeah, offensive overload 

 

     O

O O O O

     O

  O

       O

  O    O

     O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Against Sheffield width may not be as much of a problem - if Chilwell is back.  You would expect he and Ricardo to spend much of the game buzzing around the Sheffield penalty area, effectively playing as wingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Won the ball that created Maddison's shocking miss and Vardy's miss, not bad for about 20 mins work. He also robbed Kante of the ball which just doesn't usually happen. It was a solid cameo, I certainly didn't expect him to be as impressive from the off.

 

And made one silly foul on him which could have been v costly if Willian had been allowed to take the kick .....

 

 

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Against Sheffield width may not be as much of a problem - if Chilwell is back.  You would expect he and Ricardo to spend much of the game buzzing around the Sheffield penalty area, effectively playing as wingers.

If they play with wing backs then our full backs consistently getting well forward could make for an interesting tactical situation .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Against Sheffield width may not be as much of a problem - if Chilwell is back.  You would expect he and Ricardo to spend much of the game buzzing around the Sheffield penalty area, effectively playing as wingers.

I'd rather Fuchs given the performance of Chilwell vs Wolves and Fuchs vs Chelsea from an attacking perspective. If we could somehow merge the two players we'd have a beast of a left back. I wonder if or when Chilwell will be able to cross and pass in the final third? Feels more hope than faith right now but everything else in his game seems to be spot on.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd rather Fuchs given the performance of Chilwell vs Wolves and Fuchs vs Chelsea from an attacking perspective. If we could somehow merge the two players we'd have a beast of a left back. I wonder if or when Chilwell will be able to cross and pass in the final third? Feels more hope than faith right now but everything else in his game seems to be spot on.

I'm hopeful chilly might've benefited from seeing Fuchs be so direct and purposeful going forward in that second half.

 

I get the feeling sometimes Chilly is overthinking his options when he attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm hopeful chilly might've benefited from seeing Fuchs be so direct and purposeful going forward in that second half.

 

I get the feeling sometimes Chilly is overthinking his options when he attacks

He is a master at taking the ball up field but his ability to create anything, be it a bit of skill to get past a defender or the vision to pick out a place in space or cross without it looking like he has webbed feet is poor. For a player dubbed an attacking full back I think he's one of the worst in the league at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Against Sheffield width may not be as much of a problem - if Chilwell is back.  You would expect he and Ricardo to spend much of the game buzzing around the Sheffield penalty area, effectively playing as wingers.

You clearly underestimate SUTD... wake up

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is a master at taking the ball up field but his ability to create anything, be it a bit of skill to get past a defender or the vision to pick out a place in space or cross without it looking like he has webbed feet is poor. For a player dubbed an attacking full back I think he's one of the worst in the league at it.

Agree. 

 

I think he'd benefit if he was just advised to run his 60 yards and, for example, hit a low ball into 6 yard box (of whatever)...Fuchs does like to ping strong crosses in. He's doesn't over complicate. I think Chilly does...torn between a cross, continuing his run into the box, cutting inside or - usually and worst of all - stopping and playing a simple nothing ball inside to Barnes or Maddison

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is a master at taking the ball up field but his ability to create anything, be it a bit of skill to get past a defender or the vision to pick out a place in space or cross without it looking like he has webbed feet is poor. For a player dubbed an attacking full back I think he's one of the worst in the league at it.

yeah with ricardo and chilwell we have two fullbacks who in a blink of an eye can get from the edge of our area to the edge of the opposition area by stretching their legs. 

 

chilwell’s only issue is he gains 80 yards then stands still then walks backwards and plays a pass inside to one of our centre halves. pretty much every time. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KFS said:

Yeah, offensive overload 

 

     O

O O O O

     O

  O

       O

  O    O

     O

Yeah, fuch off you cock smelling bell end scum bag!!!!   Not the right offensive overload? :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/08/2019 at 12:04, ealingfox said:

I'm also not really sure on what basis people are saying he looked good or shit, there wasn't nearly enough to go on either way.

I think it's nothing more than a vibe, a hunch.

 

He came on and made a debut in the toughest of scenarios, the game at full pelt and a tiny mistake either way was going to decide the game. And he did OK....which is about the max you could expect in such a in-at-the-deep-end 17 mins

 

I remember getting the  same strength of vibe when Silva dandily crept onto the pitch v Huddersfield - only in that case the vibe was one of absolute horror. He looked small, weak, a little boy lost and out of his depth. Proof that vibes alone can be accurate lol

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...