Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be surprised if they put it in L1 tbh as I imagine they'll want it nowhere near the away fans. 

But otherwise yeah you're probably right. 

Literally wherever they put it, though, someone's going to moan that they don't want to stand and they "have to" move. 

Would imagine the club would guarantee them a seat elsewhere and they'll moan anyway because that's just people. 

Well yeah they'd be entitled to moan if they were being moved elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

Just to clarify, it's still a seat but with a safety bar.

seat.JPG

Can I just clarify, excuse the ignorance but if you dont ask you don't learn. Are each of these seat/standing spaces numbered so that if you buy a ticket or season ticket you are allotted a particular space for that match. I mean this as opposed to paying an entrance fee and standing wherever you want like years ago. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can I just clarify, excuse the ignorance but if you dont ask you don't learn. Are each of these seat/standing spaces numbered so that if you buy a ticket or season ticket you are allotted a particular space for that match. I mean this as opposed to paying an entrance fee and standing wherever you want like years ago. 

That would be my understanding.

Edit - should have clarified, my understanding is that you'd get an allotted 'spot' where your fold out seat would be.

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm all for safe standing but in a strange way I enjoy the bruised shins and falling over the seats in to the row below when you score a goal lol

Yeah, it would limit the "limbs" that you see in proper rowdy away ends. But given that a Sheff Utd lad broke his pelvis and two ribs at the weekend when he fell over the seats at Bournemouth, it's a small price to pay!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes.

Each "space" is actually a seat that is locked upright which can then be locked into a seating position for things like European games where safe standing isn't allowed.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Correct, each space is pre-allocated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Your season ticket/matchday ticket would have an allocated place but in principle, I am not sure it would be like that. It would turn into a more unreserved section I imagine. All depends on the people.

Take Germany for example, it is common knowledge that certain areas of the standing sections are more populated than others. This is usually fanclub "organised" where the people stand in a group. If you want space you tend to stand around the edges. Just all about culture and the UK is quite frankly about 20 years behind the rest of Europe so it will be slow progress even if safe standing is introduced now.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Still got to change the culture that is increasingly setting in down on The Way of getting more folks to sing. Numbers that actually do sing for more than two songs must be at the lowest for decades.

That section when it comes ought to have every single person pulling in the same direction.

That's the biggest problem, the fan culture in the UK is dead. There is no organisation, no willingness to change the atmosphere. Everyone is happy to sit around and watch the game in "silence".

Bringing some allocated sections into stadiums where likeminded fans can try to create a bit of an atmosphere would be beneficial. It would still take time, younger lads will be brought up with this "culture" of going to games and creating an atmosphere and over several years this can develop. Look at Europe for example, whole sections of standing/seating behind goals (or elsewhere in stadiums) where an atmosphere is created that pulls along those in other sections. Munich is a great example with the two sections at either side of the pitch but there are many others.

Unfortunately attitudes have to change and that is not an easy thing to do within months or even a couple of years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Eh :dunno:

Given most of the views in the ground are spot on I personally wouldn't give all that big a **** if they whacked safe standing in C2 and I had to move (my old man's disabled, he can't stand all game.)

It's just a seat. People get a bit too precious about "their" seat IMO but whatever. 

More about the footie being a social event and enjoying the time with the people they've been sat near for years than having a particular attraction to a seat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

That would be my understanding.

Edit - should have clarified, my understanding is that you'd get an allotted 'spot' where your fold out seat would be.

In which case I can't see any problems, in fact it looks quite good. I used to like to stand personally but age and a dodgy back preclude that now. But ... we're all Leicester supporters and there's room for all of us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They would be highly sought after season tickets in a small area with designated seat numbers.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This basic fact seems to get forgotten sometimes. If fans hadn't have been fenced in, nobody would have died at Hillsborough. Obviously there were serious failures in other areas too (not least the policing and stewarding), but if those fences weren't there, the tragedy would not have happened. It's deeply frustrating when people blame terraces or 'drunken fans' for something that was basically caused by the fact that we used to keep fans in cages from which they could not escape if they became overcrowded.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Absolutely but we need to remember why those fences were there, yeah they were in hindsight a bad solution to a massive problem but games where regularly being held up by football hooligans turning up and intent on invading the pitch with the sole aim of fighting with opposition fans.

Shame we did not have fencing between the fans at Hysal. Hillsborough was still down to poor policing. All the inspector needed to do was announce a delayed kick off as would happen now.

But no he took the easy option and ordered the gates opened. All those fans where doing was trying to see the game and wanted to get in. 

Hysal would not have happened had fences been up between fans. It would not have happened in this country. UEFA where at fault for not picking a suitable ground. Opposing fans in the same end back then was plane stupid.

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This shows you're completely ignorant on the subject that you're trying to talk about. 

Terracing safe standing potato potatoe it's still geezers standing at football matches. Don't go all high and mighty like you need a degree to know the topic is. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Still got to change the culture that is increasingly setting in down on The Way of getting more folks to sing. Numbers that actually do sing for more than two songs must be at the lowest for decades.

That section when it comes ought to have every single person pulling in the same direction.

I think that's more to do with the types of songs that are sung. Most clubs in the uk who are loud tend to have a decent anthem that is well established and derives from a pop song that's been going for years.

35 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

They would be highly sought after season tickets in a small area with designated seat numbers.

So, if they put them where i currently sit, which i suspect they will as it's one of only two logical places to put them SK1 and SK4 corner sections, would i automatically qualify for them or would i be moved in order to accommodate someone who wants to move there, even though i'd be happy to stand anyway.

Guest Markyblue
4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, if they put them where i currently sit, which i suspect they will as it's one of only two logical places to put them SK1 and SK4 corner sections, would i automatically qualify for them or would i be moved in order to accommodate someone who wants to move there, even though i'd be happy to stand anyway.

I would expect anybody in an area that turned into safe standing would get first choice, the problem will be the people in that area that still want to sit and are not happy about moving. 

Ticked option 3 on the safe standing, neither pro or against really.

I just hope the redevelopment see's us go down the route spurs have, the concourse is terrible and the whole place needs an uplift, the season ticket plus sounds interesting too. If the facilioties were better people would get there pre match more. 

Imagine selling everards beer? Would be a hit I reckon. I'm sure KP will get it right, looking forward to it. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Now this I do get fairly anti to be honest because this is just ****ing rude. 

Boils my piss at away games when you rock up and there's a bunch of banter lads standing in your space because they want to stand with their mates and they don't give a toss about anyone else so you're either cramped in to a spot or they expect you to find somewhere else because "it's standing mate just stand where you like."

That's me going straight to the ****ing steward tbh. 

Stand where you've booked. 

A bit of spillage here and then, you know, the whole row ends up drifting a seat or two to the left no big deal. But let's not be ***** about it. 

This proper pisses me off.

Was at Newcastle away a couple years back and fairly near the front. 

2 twats decided they were squeezing into our row and basically stood just behind me.

Obviously everyone went a bit crazy when we scored the winner, but due to the twat stood behind me I ended up nearly falling down the few metre drop down to the concourse, had my brother not grabbed hold of me a second before.

Moral of the story; sit where you book and don't be a twat 

• Like 1