Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

I come to read about the ground expansion and people are slagging off coalvile. Much rather live out here then near the city. Lovely bit of countryside and we have a wilko. What more do you need! Oh and a decent non league side. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mickbown said:

I think you’ll find that National Grid own the land

Is that just the land the buildings occupy? So in effect, an island surrounded by land in the ownership of King Power? Perhaps there's an agreement to sell on an agreed date which, iirc, was previously eluded to. 

On 05/10/2019 at 12:25, Spudulike said:

Is that just the land the buildings occupy? So in effect, an island surrounded by land in the ownership of King Power? Perhaps there's an agreement to sell on an agreed date which, iirc, was previously eluded to. 

As far as i know it's just the land, and can't find out about an agreement or date to sell the land, it's still a refurbishment centre.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/10/2019 at 12:19, adam said:

I come to read about the ground expansion and people are slagging off coalvile. Much rather live out here then near the city. Lovely bit of countryside and we have a wilko. What more do you need! Oh and a decent non league side. 

And if you're born there you can breathe underwater 

• Haha 4

On 05/10/2019 at 07:36, NewquayFox said:

I remember the days when fans used to ‘catch a bus in’ and walk to the ground from the town centre, coaches from the outlying towns & villages used to park alongside the canal/river....

Up the City :scarf:

I  can slso remember of there being 2 corporation football specials from Windley Road that use to drop off on Walnut Street. Sometimes at the end of the match they were parked up at the bottom of Saffron Lane. Packed to the rafters they were with people travelling on the platforms. With all the smokers upstairs, you could not see your hand in front of your face.. Happy days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/10/2019 at 12:19, adam said:

Don't forget the town's proud political history as the first place in Leicestershire to elect a BNP councillor.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, reynard said:

Don't forget the town's proud political history as the first place in Leicestershire to elect a BNP councillor.

It's on the radar for prevent interventions.... but sorry to say that so are other towns in Leicestershire....  I have lived here for 20 years and it was like moving back to the 70s. I half expect east mids  tv to run mind your language or that program with the west Indian family living next door to a white racist  ...cant remember what it was called.  The point is we need to move on.  

Nb i have no idea why I am writing this in this thread

Edited by foxinsocks

Guest Markyblue

Come on mods do your job this is a stadium expansion thread not an excuse to vilify a Leicestershire town its out of order,  and no i don't live in coalville. 

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Tram capacity would be an issue. Need to think bigger. Hyperloop!

Whisk the spurs fans/any Londoners away in 10 minutes.

Works like the old vacuum cash tubes in Lewis's.

Spurs fans. In a vacuum. For 10 minutes. It's an idea. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I've put a little thought to this over the last few days.

We're 2nd in the Prem, with probably our best top flight team (squad), since the 60's, if not better and we're at a cross roads now. Do we or don't we?

I personally feel, considering its taken the club a pathetic 2 weeks to sell a mere 23000 home tickets against Wigan in the cup we actually fit correctly into the current KP with our fan base.  

For the record I feel expanding the stadium will not be filled weekly and destroy the benefit we have with the current excellent atmosphere.  So NO to expansion.

Leicester/Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify the fan base for a bigger stadium.  For example Leeds (780,000) has a higher population itself than the whole of Leicestershire (697000) in total.

BTW Tonight the West Ham crowd, battered weekly and in a crap stadium..............:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Attendance:

30000 more than we get!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Ok, so I've put a little thought to this over the last few days.

We're 2nd in the Prem, with probably our best top flight team (squad), since the 60's, if not better and we're at a cross roads now. Do we or don't we?

I personally feel, considering its taken the club a pathetic 2 weeks to sell a mere 23000 home tickets against Wigan in the cup we actually fit correctly into the current KP with our fan base.  

For the record I feel expanding the stadium will not be filled weekly and destroy the benefit we have with the current excellent atmosphere.  So NO to expansion.

Leicester/Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify the fan base for a bigger stadium.  For example Leeds (780,000) has a higher population itself than the whole of Leicestershire (697000) in total.

BTW Tonight the West Ham crowd, battered weekly and in a crap stadium..............:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Attendance:

30000 more than we get!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what the cap is set at (if it has been set?) 

I was hoping for 42k minimum

I still want it to go ahead purely for selfish reasons...I’d like a season ticket again. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Most teams don’t sell out cup games, I know of at least 9 season ticket holders not going to the Wigan game so in theory thousands of potential season ticket holders could be going to the Wigan game, if we don’t expand you could be shutting out a new generation of fans. 

Most on here won't agree, I stand by my above comment, but I hope I'm incorrect if we do expand.

Considering we're literally the 2nd or 3rd best team in the UK (who knows across Europe) at the moment and takes 2 week to sell 23000 tickets is exactly the reason my point, i feel, is valid.

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

Struggling to see the correlation between West Ham’s attendance and our ground extension?

also any prem club would struggle to reach 25k against Wigan at home in FAC3R with both teams likely to field weakened teams

• Like 1

I think if we continue to challenge for Europe, we could easily attract crowds of 40k. We are the biggest club between Manchester and London. We have a great catchment area to grow with the next generation wanting to become Leicester city fans. 

Globally we are becoming a bigger club and there will be demand now more than ever before for Leicester City match tickets, which is another reason for expansion. 

The risk and question to really ask is how sustainable is our current level? Can we become a team that challenges and plays European football. If it backfires then we could really suffer. 

6 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Most on here won't agree, I stand by my above comment, but I hope I'm incorrect if we do expand.

Considering we're literally the 2nd or 3rd best team in the UK (who knows across Europe) at the moment and takes 2 week to sell 23000 tickets is exactly the reason my point, i feel, is valid.

I think selling 23,000 for a game such as that is actually decent. 

• Like 4