Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 minute ago, shailen said:

I think if we continue to challenge for Europe, we could easily attract crowds of 40k. We are the biggest club between Manchester and London. We have a great catchment area to grow with the next generation wanting to become Leicester city fans. 

Globally we are becoming a bigger club and there will be demand now more than ever before for Leicester City match tickets, which is another reason for expansion. 

The risk and question to really ask is how sustainable is our current level? Can we become a team that challenges and plays European football. If it backfires then we could really suffer. 

Really?

Villa can get 42000 and its a city of over a Million people. Forest get 28000 (Division below), but its a bigger city in population than Leicester.

I'll play the pantomime villain here, but Leicester / Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify 42000 (or whatever) seats........

Just now, Yes said:

When you consider we have a cup semi final just a few days later it’s not bad. I bet a decent number of that 23k are fans who usually struggle to get tickets as well.

Its a clear Saturday 17.31 KO which season ticket holders would normally snap up ( day of game / KO time).

Sorry we're not as big as people make out on here. 32000 is enough seats for us.

BTW the cup semi-final tickets went on sale after the FA cup game had already started on sale.

Just now, MattFox said:

How many clubs sell out third round cup ties against teams at the bottom of the championship??

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

You are completely wrong. There are so many people who can’t get tickets who would live to go. 

Block L1 and K1 not even on sale yet...............................................2 weeks after they started selling.

£15 a ticket top price. Wow.

And you're saying we've got SOOOOOO many fans gagging to watch the 2nd/3rd best team in the UK at the moment?

I think a little perspective is needed on the "size" of our fan base.  Hence my thoughts on stick rather than twist re: stadium.

6 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Its a clear Saturday 17.31 KO which season ticket holders would normally snap up ( day of game / KO time).

Sorry we're not as big as people make out on here. 32000 is enough seats for us.

BTW the cup semi-final tickets went on sale after the FA cup game had already started on sale.

Did they go on sale before or after we beat Everton? We need more than 32k for league games that’s clear enough.

31 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Ok, so I've put a little thought to this over the last few days.

We're 2nd in the Prem, with probably our best top flight team (squad), since the 60's, if not better and we're at a cross roads now. Do we or don't we?

I personally feel, considering its taken the club a pathetic 2 weeks to sell a mere 23000 home tickets against Wigan in the cup we actually fit correctly into the current KP with our fan base.  

For the record I feel expanding the stadium will not be filled weekly and destroy the benefit we have with the current excellent atmosphere.  So NO to expansion.

Leicester/Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify the fan base for a bigger stadium.  For example Leeds (780,000) has a higher population itself than the whole of Leicestershire (697000) in total.

BTW Tonight the West Ham crowd, battered weekly and in a crap stadium..............:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Attendance:

30000 more than we get!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a night off you tool 

24000 sold for a shite game in January just after expensive time and most people no pay for 5-6 weeks 

42000 seats will fill out for 70% of premier league games 

33-35000 for all the others ! 

honestly this explosion on Gin drinking and men not wearing socks is leading to a severe lack of common sense ! 

• Haha 3

Just for a comparison, Wolves last season who were having the best season many of their fans will have seen in their lifetime, a club who are looking to expand to 50k got 25k against Liverpool in the FA Cup third round, 4k of which were away fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Have a night off you tool (Sod you I'm a City Fan, you bog off)

24000 sold for a shite game in January just after expensive time and most people no pay for 5-6 weeks (£15 a ticket and this personifies my points 23000 BTW)

42000 seats will fill out for 70% of premier league games (where is your facts)

33-35000 for all the others ! (Assuming we're always 2nd in the Prem)

honestly this explosion on Gin drinking and men not wearing socks is leading to a severe lack of common sense ! (Bog off sarcastic D....)

My wife's work commitments mean I often have to go with a friend last minute to games -- never have a problem getting someone, even with less than 24 hours notice. I know a dozen families at my sons' school who would love to be able to bring the family to a Premier League game, but have a problem finding a group of four of five tickets -- admittedly, they often don't try the instant they go on general sale, but arranging time together for some families means you have to make that decision closer to game day. 

I forgot to buy my Liverpool ticket (was in the second Membership group) until after dropping off the boys on Friday -- and there were only singles left that day! (I don't know what the situation was with the family stand, tbh, since I wasn't bringing my kids to an 8pm kickoff).

We are basically selling out all of our Premier League games...basing expansion plans on whether or not we sell out a 3rd round FA Cup game against Wigan???

Right now the club does zero ticket sales promotion, you don't see Filbert Fox at the school trying to get people to go to the games, unlike a certain Tiger I could name. If you want to get a group of families together to see a game (by "group" I mean 2) it's literally impossible, unless you are rich enough to get into hospitality.

This is even ignoring the fact that a stadium expansion doesn't just provide more seats, but will improve the facilities to make the experience of going to the stadium more enjoyable, and therefore bring in folks reluctant to go now.

In any event, expansion looks to be happening. It's just by how many seats. I would like us to go closer to the higher 40's rather than the lower 40's because that seems to be what the other teams in our "bracket" are looking at.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Really?

Villa can get 42000 and its a city of over a Million people. Forest get 28000 (Division below), but its a bigger city in population than Leicester.

I'll play the pantomime villain here, but Leicester / Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify 42000 (or whatever) seats........

Not talking about the biggest historically, but rather in recent years. New generation of supporters are more likely to pick us over Villa or Forest. I know kids who live in Nottingham but support Leicester even though their parents are not Leicester fans. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Block L1 and K1 not even on sale yet...............................................2 weeks after they started selling.

£15 a ticket top price. Wow.

And you're saying we've got SOOOOOO many fans gagging to watch the 2nd/3rd best team in the UK at the moment?

I think a little perspective is needed on the "size" of our fan base.  Hence my thoughts on stick rather than twist re: stadium.

The problem is your assuming that most season ticket holders have purchased a ticket, it wouldn’t surprise if only half have, you could easily have 10,000 non season tickets going against Wigan! 

Just a thought, well before my time but what sort of attendances were there at Filbert St?

A little research would suggest more than current attendances until it became all seater. Leicester’s population has increased by more than 60% since the 60’s, I know many who would attend if they could, 40k ish seems perfectly reasonable.

The club will do many analysis’ , these things can be modelled very accurately and if they proceed then it’s fairly certain we will fill it.

( of course the one caveat is club success, drop to league 1 and all calcs  are blown out of the water)

5 minutes ago, Yes said:

Just for a comparison, Wolves last season who were having the best season many of their fans will have seen in their lifetime, a club who are looking to expand to 50k got 25k against Liverpool in the FA Cup third round, 4k of which were away fans.

This is my point, fans will have this sense of how amazingly big their team is, but a reality check means its not quite the case.

If we go on a "Puel" style run in say 3 years time, sit 10-15th in the prem, will you back us to get 40000+ in a Prem game? 

Its taken 2 weeks to sell 23000 tickets for a Saturday fixture in the FA cup.  Man U would sell that in a day.

Dirkster the fox.

Stadium expansion has nothing to do with many tickets are sold for a 5.31pm ko a week after Christmas against Wigan in the FA Cup, we could re-build Filbert Street it was. It is to do with how many home league games have sold more than 90 percent of tickets in the last four seasons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

The problem is your assuming that most season ticket holders have purchased a ticket, it wouldn’t surprise if only half have, you could easily have 10,000 non season tickets going against Wigan! 

So considering we're probably the best team we've had in 50 years or more, the Season Ticket holders are allowed to be not interested in this one to validate your point?

£10 for season ticket holders............ and still 2 blocks not even RELEASED for sale yet.

This is exactly the game where you'd think they can't get enough of being in the KP

FA Cup is a poor example to use. 

It's a few weeks after Xmas, and a home tie against a lower club a few days before a semi final. I'm a STH and I'm not going due to commitments and not being overly fussed on it. Would rather save for an away game than spend on this particular cup game.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

FA Cup is a poor example to use. 

It's a few weeks after Xmas, and a home tie against a lower club a few days before a semi final. I'm a STH and I'm not going due to commitments and not being overly fussed on it. Would rather save for an away game than spend on this particular cup game.

See above post

£10 a ticket for you, we're the best team we've had in 50 + years and can't sell block L1 amd K1 after 2 weeks on sale.

We're massive.