Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

You extend the stadium to get your largest possible crowd - the question should be could we fill 40k once or twice a season? Yes. 

There will be games where crowd will be lower but then that’s your opportunity to sell more season tickets and market the hell out of doing it. 

The biggest clubs in the World aren’t reporting sell outs for the domestic cups. For example should Liverpool not rebuild the Anfield Road End because of low crowds to lower league opposition ?

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Classic abuse, nothing intellectual to add then......

Warm up lad:

https://www.mensa.org.uk/workout

Your using an example of a game just after xmas against a lower league team. Why not use the example of all our league games that do sell out instead?

Also lets see attendances across the board for prem teams in the fa cup. I bet there isnt to many sell outs.

3 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

See above post

£10 a ticket for you, we're the best team we've had in 50 + years and can't sell block L1 amd K1 after 2 weeks on sale.

We're massive.

Orrrrrr

The FA Cup isn't as important as before, people prioritising other league away games or an away cup day. 

Most league fixtures sell out, if we get europe even more will. Away followings sell out every time, we have good following. 

Your overall point isn't completely wrong, but your examples and justification have been poor.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You extend the stadium to get your largest possible crowd - the question should be could we fill 40k once or twice a season? Yes. 

There will be games where crowd will be lower but then that’s your opportunity to sell more season tickets and market the hell out of doing it. 

The biggest clubs in the World aren’t reporting sell outs for the domestic cups. For example should Liverpool not rebuild the Anfield Road End because of low crowds to lower league opposition ?

So having groups of empty seats for many other games is conducive to a banging atmosphere?

Some on here have been sarcastic towards me tonight, others posted thoughtful comments, but I'm just a loyal city fan worried the expansion would be detrimental to our fortunes.

You may all disagree, but selling only 23000 tickets for £10-15 in 2 weeks is exactly why I feel we couldn't sustain a stadium with 40000+ seats. 

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

So having groups of empty seats for many other games is conducive to a banging atmosphere?

Some on here have been sarcastic towards me tonight, others posted thoughtful comments, but I'm just a loyal city fan worried the expansion would be detrimental to our fortunes.

You may all disagree, but selling only 23000 tickets for £10-15 in 2 weeks is exactly why I feel we couldn't sustain a stadium with 40000+ seats. 

If the expansion is done in line with the Fanzone, arena and more corporate facilities as indicated, I fail to see how any of that would hinder us even if the attendance fluctuates. The day to day income would get a much needed boost from this expansion and the improved facilities along with our current standard of play should attract plenty of people. I wouldn’t be too concerned about the 3rd round FA cup tie. 

50 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Ok, so I've put a little thought to this over the last few days.

We're 2nd in the Prem, with probably our best top flight team (squad), since the 60's, if not better and we're at a cross roads now. Do we or don't we?

I personally feel, considering its taken the club a pathetic 2 weeks to sell a mere 23000 home tickets against Wigan in the cup we actually fit correctly into the current KP with our fan base.  

For the record I feel expanding the stadium will not be filled weekly and destroy the benefit we have with the current excellent atmosphere.  So NO to expansion.

Leicester/Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify the fan base for a bigger stadium.  For example Leeds (780,000) has a higher population itself than the whole of Leicestershire (697000) in total.

BTW Tonight the West Ham crowd, battered weekly and in a crap stadium..............:

Referee:
Graham Scott
Attendance:

30000 more than we get!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the stadium fully open for the Wigan game? When I bought 2 online before christmas, the East Stand and half of the Kop was greyed out and unavailable to select.

Also, why are you using an FA Cup 3rd round match versus Wigan Athletic as a marker for our required capacity? If Liverpool drew Wigan at home in the 3rd round, they aren't selling 54000 tickets for that. That's the reality of the early round matches in the domestic cups. It's a shame but that's the way it is.

Should the club continue to develop and grow, as they have done over the last decade then the stadium will need to be bigger. If we become a consistent force in the Premier League, the demand for tickets will only increase - for season ticket holders and casual attendees.

10,000 more seats would surely mean more season tickets being available, an increase in away allocation and then more availability for the Members etc...

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I can’t tell if you are just trying to wind up people or not. So i’ll assume you are genuinely not on the wind up. The FA cup tie just after Christmas, against a team around the bottom of the Championship, a few days before a cup semi-final has no bearing whatsoever on whether we will fill an extended stadium. We virtually sell out every league game, so the chances are we would sell a lot more tickets every league match if we could. 

West Ham's ground probably did not actually have 59000 in it ...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1016652/West-Ham-attendance-London-Stadium

And if it did, they only ever had 42k tops in Upton Park, and once only drew 4,373 for a match against Doncaster in the 50s, so surely they didn't ever need to expand their stadium, if we apply this logic. Yet they did anyway, and now sell more tickets as a result.

7 minutes ago, GlenParvaFox said:

Is the stadium fully open for the Wigan game? When I bought 2 online before christmas, the East Stand and half of the Kop was greyed out and unavailable to select.

Also, why are you using an FA Cup 3rd round match versus Wigan Athletic as a marker for our required capacity? If Liverpool drew Wigan at home in the 3rd round, they aren't selling 54000 tickets for that. That's the reality of the early round matches in the domestic cups. It's a shame but that's the way it is.

Should the club continue to develop and grow, as they have done over the last decade then the stadium will need to be bigger. If we become a consistent force in the Premier League, the demand for tickets will only increase - for season ticket holders and casual attendees.

10,000 more seats would surely mean more season tickets being available, an increase in away allocation and then more availability for the Members etc...

Again please read my posts above.  This is because the club had no faith in the game being sold out.

They initially put the West stand and parts of the Family stand up for sale, then section by section of the cop, round into the East Stand.  For example L1 and K1 still blocked out for sale as I type.

All because, despite £10/15 a ticket the club couldn't be confident we'd sell half the ground out, let alone all home sections.

Basically part of my whole point tonight about us not being able to justify a 40000+ stadium.

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

I can’t tell if you are just trying to wind up people or not. So i’ll assume you are genuinely not on the wind up. The FA cup tie just after Christmas, against a team around the bottom of the Championship, a few days before a cup semi-final has no bearing whatsoever on whether we will fill an extended stadium. We virtually sell out every league game, so the chances are we would sell a lot more tickets every league match if we could. 

Nope, making a genuine and constructive point about us not justifying an expansion.  I don't ask for your agreement, I'm just making my reasoning why.

Maybe I'm wrong (hope I am), but this is a forum an this is the place for me to say it.

5 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

going off on a slight tangent, if capacity was no object...how many do you think we could sell for a CL knockout game? 

Given we struggled to sell out the knockout ties the other year I'd say about 32,500.

Edited by ealingfox

We will probably have one of the highest attendances in the 3rd round I would of thought if we have sold 23k. I cant go due to work and not wasting a days holiday for Wigan( no offence to wigan) 

Forgot to add section P also not even on sale yet.

So that's P, L1, K1 not even released yet for sale, after 2 weeks at a cost of £10/15 a ticket.

I'm sorry if we could fill 42000 every week, surely we could sell more than 23000 at home in cup?  Considering we're bloody good at the moment as well.......

image.png.004ad470d132a30daeb2282950e13ab5.png

18 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

The atmosphere is static at best with 32k in excepting a few occasions.

At the moment it’s a pig trying to get a ticket for the average person if not clued up on memberships etc. Even reading up the Wigan ticket news, it goes through umpteen categories and stages before general sale. 

Open the opportunities, get new fans in, if it takes a top club opposition to attract them so what. At the moment many younger fans can’t watch their team play. The very lads and lasses we need in the ground to improve the atmosphere. 

• Like 2