Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Again please read my posts above.  This is because the club had no faith in the game being sold out.

They initially put the West stand and parts of the Family stand up for sale, then section by section of the cop, round into the Eats Stand.  For example L1 and K1 still blocked out for sale as I type.

All because, despite £10/15 a ticket the club couldn't be confident we'd sell half the ground out, let alone all home sections.

Basically part of my whole point tonight about us not being able to justify a 40000+ stadium.

I can't work out whether your on the wind up but, I'll reply anyway:)

Having lower attendances for the 3rd round of the FA cup is not exclusive to our club. Only opening some of the stadium happens all over, dependent on the opposition. Had we drawn another premier league team or Forest/Derby then we'd most likely would sell more and the stadium would be fully open.

Look at the League attendances, that's what matters. The stadium expansion is happening and there maybe some empty seats, sometimes. But, it happens at the Etihad and nobody really gives a shit.

2 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Nope, making a genuine and constructive point about us not justifying an expansion.  I don't ask for your agreement, I'm just making my reasoning why.

Maybe I'm wrong (hope I am), but this is a forum an this is the place for me to say it.

I just don’t get how you are ignoring the point of selling out all our league matches and focussing on a cup game against lower league opposition. However, you are perfectly entitled to say what you want. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

See above post

£10 a ticket for you, we're the best team we've had in 50 + years and can't sell block L1 amd K1 after 2 weeks on sale.

We're massive.

We often didn’t fill filbert street for cup games with teams a few leagues below us.

We wouldn’t even have a 32k stadium if the club had followed your ill judged logic.

Edited by Strokes

1 minute ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Forgot to add section P also not even on sale yet.

So that's P, L1, K1 not even released yet for sale, after 2 weeks at a cost of £10/15 a ticket.

I'm sorry if we could fill 42000 every week, surely we could sell more than 23000 at home in cup?  Considering we're bloody good at the moment as well.......

image.png.004ad470d132a30daeb2282950e13ab5.png

You're ignoring the size of the opposition, the timing of the game in respect to Christmas and other key games. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Again please read my posts above.  This is because the club had no faith in the game being sold out.

They initially put the West stand and parts of the Family stand up for sale, then section by section of the cop, round into the East Stand.  For example L1 and K1 still blocked out for sale as I type.

All because, despite £10/15 a ticket the club couldn't be confident we'd sell half the ground out, let alone all home sections.

Basically part of my whole point tonight about us not being able to justify a 40000+ stadium.

Your really using one cup game as a reason not to expand the stadium?

when was the last time a home league game was below 30,000 Without checking I would guess it hasn’t since we have been in the premier league 

52 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Really?

Villa can get 42000 and its a city of over a Million people. Forest get 28000 (Division below), but its a bigger city in population than Leicester.

I'll play the pantomime villain here, but Leicester / Leicestershire just isn't big enough to justify 42000 (or whatever) seats........

I have to disagree with you on this mate, there are probably thousands still trying to get to see a Leicester premier league game, let alone a season ticket.

The amount of people in Leicestershire isn’t really relevant, how many Man Utd season ticket holders don’t live in Manchester for example.

people do move away from Leicestershire but they are still season ticket holders.

I for one can’t wait to be able to purchase a season ticket for me, my mrs and young son.

i was going to all the city home games for 30 years up until a few years ago and I can’t wait to be going again regularly.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Given we struggled to sell out the knockout ties the other year I'd say about 32,500.

When you say knockout ties do you mean Group stage games? Don't think we struggled to sell out for Sevile or Atletico Madrid? 

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

We often didn’t fill filbert street for cup games with teams a few leagues below us.

We wouldn’t even have a 32k stadium if the club had followed your ill judged logic.

Think we played Arsenal in league cup quarter final once in the 90's and about 16k there. 

• Thanks 1

Lets have a look at last seasons cup:

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-fa-cup-2018-2019/1/

Newcastle only sold 35k, better knock down half their ground. Southampton only got 14k, do they need a 32k stadium? Derby got 17k, better flatten Pride Park.

FA Cup draws bad crowds across England, and is not a reflection of what attendance teams draw in the league. Crowds are heavily influenced by who the opposition is. Dirk's analysis of 1 game is flawed, and that's not what the club will be looking at - which is why they did that enormous survey last year to find out how people would feel about restaurants, stadium expansion and an additional indoor arena. They won't be looking at a 1 off early cup tie against a lower league club with a small fanbase and we have no sense of rivalry with either.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

You're ignoring the size of the opposition, the timing of the game in respect to Christmas and other key games. 

For example Newcastle had 52k in today. 

They had 36k for a Third Round tie against Blackburn. 

Season before that they had 47k for a game against Luton which included 7k away support

• Like 2

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

So, no news about stadium expansion then?

Yip basically, I’m sure I had saw on here:

1 The club was waiting to buy additional

space from EON/The power substation.

2 The club was waiting for the training ground to be completed before focusing fully on the expansion.

Personally I'd like to see us go to at least 45k to give us the biggest stadium in the midlands.

PL games are always going to be full, even if it's a rubbish team as long as there prices accordingly.

Cup games are always going to be difficult to fill.

The city of leicester has a population of 330k, the wider urban area is 500k Leicester and Leicestershire combined is 1 million! We can attract a large following, I suspect we could sell another 5k to 10k season tickets alone. We really can be the pride of the midlands!

It annoys me that you have clubs that are garbage at the moment like Newcastle who give away season tickets and theres still empty seats, west ham who again have empty seats, they're not a big club! Also to see the likes of Everton and forest submitting planning applications for new or bigger stadiums and wondering why we haven't?

We all know that the training ground is priority and that thing looks incredible! And I have no doubt that when the stadium finally does happen it will be too. No longer will we have an early 2000's out of the box flat pack template stadium, but an iconic world class stadium. We should look for as big a capacity as possible, theres a possibility of hosting world cup matches in 2030 or 2034 too, if England were to be hosts.

Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it, like now!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Block L1 and K1 not even on sale yet...............................................2 weeks after they started selling.

£15 a ticket top price. Wow.

And you're saying we've got SOOOOOO many fans gagging to watch the 2nd/3rd best team in the UK at the moment?

I think a little perspective is needed on the "size" of our fan base.  Hence my thoughts on stick rather than twist re: stadium.

Are you being serious? It seems your just posting to get a bite?

its a 3rd round FA cup game against a championship who are near the bottom of the league. Also like previous posters have mentioned I’m sure the majority of tickets sold are no ST holders. 

to progress as a club and become a team who regularly gets champions league and attracts top players we need a stadium to assist with that. How many teams in any league around the country regularly finish in the top 2 or 3 and have a ground capacity similar to ours???

you clearly have an agenda for not increasing the capacity. 

1 minute ago, Filbert_Ross said:

👍🏻 I'm sure we won on pens and Wenger moaned we played for penalties from the start. 

lol

Not the detail I was after.

But was that the game the players pretended to go sleep in the centre circle because wenger said we were boring?